Three moors ride-out?

3 Moors Route!!!

Ok folks here's the intended route (ish).
Start from The Northgate Inn, Aller Cross, South Molton, EX36 3RG, (A361/A399 Roundabout).
The Northgate opens at 08:30 you can get Tea,Coffee, Breakfast etc etc.
START 09:00 Northgate - Great Torrington - Holsworthy - Stratton - Camelford - Across Bomin Moor - Liskard - Tavistock -Across Dartmoor - Moretonhamstead - Crediton - Tiverton - on to Exmoor - Minehead - Lynmouth - Simonsbath - Finish at Northgate Inn (South Molton)
Total mileage: Mr Zumo says 212.
Time will be a unknown quantity.
So either be at the start or join in on the way round, as for the those that sail under the Black flag, if you know a suitable watering hole somewhere on route you wish to join in? let me know!!!!!!
The Northgate Inn has a good carvery if you want to finish off there.
Now it over to you lot.

PS: I've booked sunshine and blue sky :blagblah

Barry G

Start from The Northgate Inn, Aller Cross, South Molton, EX36 3RG, (A361/A399 Roundabout).
START 09:00 Northgate - Great Torrington - Holsworthy - Stratton - Camelford - Across Bomin Moor - Liskard - Tavistock -Across Dartmoor - Moretonhamstead - Crediton - Tiverton - on to Exmoor - Minehead - Lynmouth - Simonsbath - Finish at Northgate Inn (South Molton)
So either be at the start or join in on the way round, as for the those that sail under the Black flag, if you know a suitable watering hole somewhere on route you wish to join in? let me know!!!!!!
Now it over to you lot.

Barry G

Sounds good to me :thumb2 See you at The Northgate Inn :JB

I think I am likely to take up the option of joining the parade en route. I could get another three winks that way
Around the camelford area would seem best.
So who else is going to take up this option ant where shall we gather.

Ok looks like I have managed to get the day off work, just a surggestion but anyone who cant handle crossing the border into foreign parts that early in the morning how about meeting the main ride at Piers cafe, Otterham Station on the A39 North East of Camelford, should think it would be about 10.30 by the time they get though customs.
And that gets us onto page 4!

Ok looks like I have managed to get the day off work, just a surggestion but anyone who cant handle crossing the border into foreign parts that early in the morning how about meeting the main ride at Piers cafe, Otterham Station on the A39 North East of Camelford, should think it would be about 10.30 by the time they get though customs.

Sounds like a good idea to me! Lets see if anybody else has got any (moor) idea's.

Last time i went to that cafe it was closed! but luck was with me as i met up with some biker types who took me to a very nice cafe at camelford, the member of staff who served my cuppa was very nice! p.s bet brett will be late:hide

Thats a great little cafe. Stopped there recently when on a rideout with my father in law on his new bike...

They close daily at 3pm.
IMG_6771.jpg

Last time i went to that cafe it was closed! but luck was with me as i met up with some biker types who took me to a very nice cafe at camelford, the member of staff who served my cuppa was very nice! p.s bet brett will be late:hide
no doubt about it, with a madman suggesting we meet 8.30am for 9 start :D

I know the Camelford cafe you speak of very well Alan, problem is they only cater for a very select clientele and the staff don't always arise from bed too early on a Sunday morning:augie. By the way I phoned Piers cafe today to check opening time for the 10th May and its 9am so you should have plenty of time for a big breakfast or a cupper :thumb2

It's Ten Tors on Dartmoor that weekend. Watch out for errant schoolkids, army wagons and minibuses when you're doing the Dartmoor leg.;)

3M

Now it over to you lot.

Barry G

Ok folks all set route as above. For the Cornish contingent pick point Piers cafe 10:30. Bubbles will lead us across bodmin moor as he is freindly with the local tribe's and witch doctor.:augie
So how about quick who's coming and start point so I get some idea. If anyone else wants a different pick up point sent me a (PM)
That should take up a few (moor) posts.

Barry G

Ok folks all set route as above. For the Cornish contingent pick point Piers cafe 10:30. Bubbles will lead us across bodmin moor as he is freindly with the local tribe's and witch doctor.:augie
So how about quick who's coming and start point so I get some idea. If anyone else wants a different pick up point sent me a (PM)
That should take up a few (moor) posts.

Barry G

go on then,:D see you at start point Barry, :thumb2

Start Point

Yep I be at the start :thumb2 may have a pillion or my little lady may take her own :nenau But with just over a week to go she may change her mind a number of times :blast :D

Back
Top Bottom