"Boreen Run" on the August bank holiday weekend 2009

Ahh c'mon Tuned, ya can't leave us hangin like that, what's the story ?????:bounce1:bounce1

i asked you first... spill the BMW club scandal... plus how do you get round the only open to club members bit... they'll know people aren't BMW club members when they see they're happy looking:aidan

i asked you first... spill the BMW club scandal...
Hmmmm..... Someone was throwing his weight around a bit and was told to sling his hook, from what I gather. :rolleyes:
I think the recent changes to the sections committee has improved things greatly, there's a lot less politics.:nenau

plus how do you get round the only open to club members bit... they'll know people aren't BMW club members when they see they're happy looking:aidan
Are ya askin coz yer thinkin of coming along or is it idle curiousity ??? :augie

What's the story with the DVD ???????

Hmmmm..... Someone was throwing his weight around a bit and was told to sling his hook, from what I gather. :rolleyes:
I think the recent changes to the sections committee has improved things greatly, there's a lot less politics.:nenau

Are ya askin coz yer thinkin of coming along or is it idle curiousity ??? :augie

What's the story with the DVD ???????

idiot that curious more like:aidan... and that doesn't count as a tale..."Someone was throwing his weight around a bit" is as vague as a blonde in hardware store:D

idiot that curious more like:aidan... and that doesn't count as a tale..."Someone was throwing his weight around a bit" is as vague as a blonde in hardware store:D

buy me a pint, to lubricate the old vocal cords you understand, and I might be able to illuminate you - suffice it to say that there has been a coup de grace rather than a coup d'etat at the highest level of the club which is having a ripple effect through the sections.

As regards the Boreen Run, I've done it the once, and that would be enough, in its present form. Too many riders of varying ability on the road at the same tiem which means that you are ride on the brake light of the bike in front of you. Long delays at rest stops and for food and petrol as everyone is catered for. Organised chaos at the overnight stops for rooms.
And it's on the wrong weekend as it clashes with the Riders Rally.
It needs a change of structure and date. If the numbers stay as large, then it needs a base hotel with the run being broken into 4 sections and the riders into 4 groups.
As I understand it, Gary wants to stick his original formula and has been given his ball back.

And it's on the wrong weekend as it clashes with the Riders Rally.
It needs a change of structure and date.
The clash with the "Riders Rally" is a pity, I'd like to do both myself.:( As for the structure/pace of the Boreen Run, I like it...there's certainly no pressure and the social side to it is excellent. :beerjug:

As I understand it, Gary wants to stick his original formula and has been given his ball back.
I thought that was what I said. :D

The clash with the "Riders Rally" is a pity, I'd like to do both myself.:( As for the structure/pace of the Boreen Run, I like it...there's certainly no pressure and the social side to it is excellent. :beerjug:

The clash with the Riders is more than a pity. I like both events very much and it causes a real dilemma for me and I'm sure many others to choose which to attend. :(

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I think that the Boreen might have purposefully clashed with the Riders. I do wish that they were held on different weekends though. Maybe it's something that the Boreen organisers could look at?

Too many riders of varying ability on the road at the same tiem which means that you are ride on the brake light of the bike in front of you..
But that's the beauty of the drop-off system - you can stop & let a few riders past if you're unhappy with the riding in front of you. Plus you can leave as big as gap as you like :thumb2

nud1e said:
Long delays at rest stops and for food and petrol as everyone is catered for. Organised chaos at the overnight stops for rooms.
It must be a while since you did it. Certainly in the last 4 or 5 years that hasn't been a problem. And anyway, by the time I've had a chat & got my gear off the bike everyone else is organised :D

nud1e said:
And it's on the wrong weekend as it clashes with the Riders Rally..
Never done the Riders but would like to, despite the presence of more than a few from here :augie Did the Way West with the DMTC a few times & found it a well run, fun event.
There was talk recently that maybe the Boreen should be on the English bank holiday weekend as the majority of participants are from across the pond but I don't know if that'll come to fruition. I'd be happy to take an extra day (or 3 !) off if it meant I could do both events :bounce1

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I think that the Boreen might have purposefully clashed with the Riders. I do wish that they were held on different weekends though. Maybe it's something that the Boreen organisers could look at?
I have to agree with you there Aidan, I'd have thought the date could have been changed ages ago... maybe now that its being organized by the Club things could change. Really enjoyed last year.....probably because of all the tossers. :D

There's five of us heading up from Cork on Friday.:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom