Weds overnight crossing Portsmouth-St Malo

2 wheel humvee

www.humvee-graphics.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is my preferred crossing route;

Outbound-Wednesday 9th September overnight crossing from Portsmouth departure at 8.30pm, arrive St Malo 8.15am

Thursday morning meet up with Arsey and head down to Vevey........

Inbound-Sunday 20th September Fast Ferry from Caen to Portsmouth departure 12.30pm, arrive Portsmouth 3.00pm UK time.

I am prepared to book with a cabin (2 or 4 berth) in my name depending upon the level of interest,interested parties can pm me with their name/s and contact details,we can divvy up the additional cost of the cabin for the outbound journey when we meet up.
Based upon an outside 4 berth cabin with tv/dvd en-suite etc. the price is coming in at £197.50
A basic crossing for 1 person with bike and a reclining seat (the minimum requirement for an overnight crossing is £128.50,a difference of £70-split between 4 is peanuts :thumb2

Does that sound like a plan?
Interested?

Let me know :thumb2

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/home

Hi Humvee,

You have a PM.

Lee. :thumb2

Replied to you PM :thumb2

It seems that we are the only 2 interested in this crossing,I suggest we leave it a week to see if anyone else wants to join us and then book the ferry :thumb2
Steve.

I would, but for these reasons

1. Cost is creeping up for me - it's doable, but...
2. The long ride on the Thursday could be slow, as I'd need to stop every 100-120 miles to fill up I don't have a petrol tanker, unlike you :D
3. I snore like a bastard and really wouldn't want to torture anyone in a confined space! :hide

:)

I've just replied to a PM from Leman-who is interested in using this crossing with myself and leel600,just checked the Brittany Ferries website and the price I quoted in the thread is based on 2 people on 2 bikes sharing a 4 berth cabin.

4 people on 4 bikes works out at £578 or £144.50 per person.

Is there a 4th person to share the cabin? as I see it there are only 3 of us interested,not a problem as there will be a spare bed to act as a clothes horse :D

3 people on 3 bikes works out at £454 or £151.33 per person,which I feel is still reasonable.

If anyone else is interested in these crossings please PM me your name and address and contact details (mobile and e-mail etc.) and I'll get in touch when I've confirmed the prices with Brittany Ferries by telephone,then I'll pay the crossing and those sharing a cabin can send me a cheque for their share,these prices are likely to creep ever upwards as the date draws near and the crossings fill up so let's move quickly and get this booked sooner rather than later :thumb2

Hi Guys, definitely interested, just joined the forum and seen the trip. Hoping I'm not too late to join the fun! How do I PM people? Can't see how to get directly in touch with Magnum to join the fun?

Hi Guys, definitely interested, just joined the forum and seen the trip. Hoping I'm not too late to join the fun! How do I PM people? Can't see how to get directly in touch with Magnum to join the fun?

PM's (private messages) are available to all site sponsors/subscribers,follow this link;
http://www.ukgser.com/subscriptions.htm it's £12 for a year :thumb2

I've just had a PM from another interested party who's hoping to join the trip and use this crossing with us so it looks like the 4 berth may now be full ;)

Thanks mate, no worries - hope to see you on the trip! :)

I replied to your other post under Deposits.

I've also posted a thread about taking a slightly different route from 2WH and co, taking more of a meander down the day before, and staying overnight near Dijon.

More than welcome to join me if you want, and my thread gives the details.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182953

I'm just a smidge south of MK, so not a million miles away.

Yoy

Ferry is now booked for 4 people;
Me (Steve)
Gerry
leel600
Leman

I have paid a deposit of £25 the balance is due the 25th July,we can pay it off sooner if we wish,I will send all of the above a PM with my details to forward a cheque for £144.50 (Total £578.00)
Crossing details;

Outbound Sailing
Route: Portsmouth to St Malo
Date and Time: Wed 9 Sep 2009 20:30

Arrival time is now:Thur 10 Sep 2009 08:15
Vehicle:4 Motorcycle(s)
Adults: 4

Accommodation:Outside 4 berth Club cabin with TV and ensuite facilities
Quantity:1

Inbound Sailing
Route:Caen to Portsmouth
Date and Time:Sun 20 Sep 2009 12:30

Arrival time is now:Sun 20 Sep 2009 15:00
Vehicle:4 Motorcycle(s)
Adults:4

Cheers,
Steve.

Route Plan to Vevey

Steve and I have looked at a couple of route options and if anyone cares to join us you are welcome.

Route subject to change if we find it is too slow.

We have planned a stop on the return leg at Chartres and I have booked a twin room at the Kyriad @ 67 Euro for twin room.

http://www.kyriad-chartres.fr/en/index.aspx

GPS File too large to post, email me for copy.

cheers

Gerry H.

Back
Top Bottom