Swiss Alps Tour: Day 1 - Vevey to Verbier

Today I finally found some time to look for suitable accommodation in Verbier. It's not an easy task as there are surprisingly few Hotels and many are extremely expensive. Not only that most of them are closed in Summer. However, after a few hours of phoning round this is the best solution I can find. There are a few slightly cheaper B&Bs but none have more than 3 rooms and there isn't enough B&Bs to accommodate us all.

The Bristol Hotel, Verbier is a 3 star hotel smack bang in the centre of Verbier. The Manager has said we can park our bikes in their garage overnight and they have plenty of single and double rooms.

Now we are 19 and taking into account request for single rooms, we need 8 doubles/twins and 3 singles. Room rates are CHF 185 per double room and CHF 135 per single including breakfast and all taxes. This means those sharing will be paying CHF 92.50 per night which at today's exchange rate is about £54 per person. B&B's in Verbier charge between CHF 65 and 100 per person per night depending on season.

I haven't booked it yet, but if you want my advice given the location and time of year I think we should.

Comments please chaps.

Thanks for that, Mags. I'll resist the "Carry On" reference to Bristol. Fnar fnar!

Absolutely fine with me. :thumb

Although fingers' crossed, we might get slightly cheaper, but just as nice, accommodation as we wind our way round the Alps? Just as happy if it's around these kind of rates, but just icing on the cake, if you know what I mean?

:beerjug:

Room

Twin for me and Humvee please.

Steve is offline for few days sorting out family emergency.

cheers

Gerry H.

Fine by me, as before happy to share on all the accommadation to keep my costs down, i dont snore or rustle my bags too early morning :augie so hopefully some one will be happy to share with me

I'm sure your choice of hotel will be more than acceptable.

I'm happy to share, as it would help on cost, but don't mind a single.

I have provisionally booked this but have asked for a deal. I'm not holding my breath as Verbier is generally not known for bargain breaks, but no harm in asking :thumb

The Hotel have agreed to upgrade all double rooms to:-

"Superior Doubleroom, with south-west balconies, which are normally CHF 205 and view is beautiful from all those rooms. And garage which is normally CHF 20 ea will be free as well".

I'm booking it :thumb2

"Superior Doubleroom, with south-west balconies, which are normally CHF 205 and view is beautiful from all those rooms. And garage which is normally CHF 20 ea will be free as well".

Result :thumb

Welldone mate :thumb2 Keep up the good work we all owe you :beer:

Tour De France

I suspect you guys might already know but if not you might want to watch Le Tour next Sunday, 19 July and again on Tuesday 21 July as stage 15 finishes at Verbier http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/LIVE/us/1500/index.html# and stage 16 starts at Martigny and ends in Bourg-Saint-Maurice http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/LIVE/us/1600/index.html so it takes in much of day one of your trip. The race is on Eurosport and ITV 4 so you can see what you have let yourselves in for.

Just be thankful you don't have to peddle the route.

I am off in a few weeks and I think I might stick this loop in and if I do I'll post a few pics.

Back
Top Bottom