G1150PS mount

MiGSel said:
It's not bolted Mike. The holes are for fixing an extra plate on top, if you like to mount an IMO like I did. I put in some "dummy" bolts to cover the holes.
The base plate is held in place by the speedo. So what you do is remove the speedo, put the base plate in place and mount the speedo on top of it. There is a 1 mm collar between the dash and the speedo collar.
I took some pics while I did it, I'll make a little manual. The whole operation shouldn't take more than half an hour.

MiGSel will that leave a gap at the area adjacent to the trip wheel? ...any problem with water getting in there or would it make no difference?

regards Charlie:D

charlie batty said:
MiGSel will that leave a gap at the area adjacent to the trip wheel? ...any problem with water getting in there or would it make no difference?
Hi Charlie,

In fact there will be a 1mm teeny weeny gap, but that is a LOT smaller than the gap around that wheel itself, so I don't see why that could cause any problems.

The dashboard is in no way water proof. Water can get in from underneath quite easily too, and through the oil cooler as well. The speedo clock itself is a sealed unit.

Cheers,
Michel

Here's what "the real thing" looks like:

IMG_3778_anodized.jpg

Anodized black and no extra holes, just the 1" RAM ball.

Cheers,
Michel

Me Luddite!

Could you post a pic. of what exactly is sent out and what else do I need to mount a Street Pilot 111 to what you sell :confused:

What you see is what you get :) : the black alu piece with a 1" RAM ball.

You can use any 1" RAM part from there, depending on what you want to mount and where.

There are arms in several lengths:

3" RAM-B-201
prod397b.jpg

1 3/4" RAM-B-201A
prod734b.jpg

Base thingies in variable sorts and sizes:

2 1/2" Diameter Base RAM-B-202
good for Garmin gps brackets, among others SPIII and SP2610
prod329b.jpg

Diamond base with ball RAM-B-238
suitable for de RAM 2610 bracket
prod493a.jpg

The offer is almost unlimited, take a look at the RAM site

That's why I won't try to supply these things, it's endless. A good source in the UK is GPS Warehouse

and there are other webstores of course.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Michel

Hi MiGSel,

Just letting you know the GPS Mount arrived this morning, Top piece of Kit, Thanks............:thumb

CC

:cool:

hi migsel,

any chance of getting one of these there mounts. fed up of not seeing my instrunents with the tt mount...

adam

AdamZ said:
hi migsel,
any chance of getting one of these there mounts. fed up of not seeing my instrunents with the tt mount...
adam
Sure Adam, you've got an e-mail with all the info you need :)

Cheers,
Michel

Hi Michel
I to would like to purchase one of these great looking mounts. I find the bar mount does obscure some of the instruments sometimes.
Please mail me with how much [ 75 euros?] and where to send my money to.
Cheers
Paul

notadrop said:
Hi Michel
I to would like to purchase one of these great looking mounts. I find the bar mount does obscure some of the instruments sometimes.
Please mail me with how much [ 75 euros?] and where to send my money to.
Cheers
Paul
:thumb OK Paul, done.

Re: Me too please

Fitzy said:
Michael if this can be used with the Navigator (SP111)I`d like one aswell please.Could you e-mail me details of where to send money etc and i`ll give you my address.steve.fitzgerald@sutreyfit.co.uk

OK I give up:rolleyes: Looked at the Ram site, so many, :confused: Please tell me what i need to ask for to mount a simple? SP111 to your fab. mount. Please :rolleyes:

Michel,
I would like one of your new mounts too, if you can send me your details etc. thanks john.

Re: Re: Me too please

rcc54 said:
OK I give up:rolleyes: Looked at the Ram site, so many, :confused: Please tell me what i need to ask for to mount a simple? SP111 to your fab. mount. Please :rolleyes:
I'm not sure Rob, what does the Nav-SPIII mount look like? If the back is like the Garmin SPIII standard bracket, you can use the

2 1/2" Diameter Base RAM-B-202

prod329b.jpg

combined with the arm

1 3/4" RAM-B-201A

prod734b.jpg

But that is IF. Can you post a few pics of the Navigator mount maybe?

Or does anybody else here have the Navigator on a RAM mount?

Cheers,
Michel

GADGET said:
Michel,
I would like one of your new mounts too, if you can send me your details etc. thanks john.
OK John, I just did :)

Re: Re: Re: Me too please

MiGSel said:
........or does anybody else here have the Navigator on a RAM mount?

Cheers,
Michel

SPIII/Navigator I mount, plus 3 RAM components=my GPS desk mount......;)

Attachments

• img_2016.gif
    img_2016.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 685
I've fitted mine..........

Just a few photos of my New MiGSel Mount.

Because I've changed the Silver Plastic shield for a longer Carbon Fibre one, I have to use a 3" Ram arm........

gps01.jpg

Despite a Longer arm, the top of the Speedo can still be seen easily...........

gps02.jpg

Last One from the other side, the wiring run back through a wee nick in the Lip of the Shield then back along the strut that supports the Beak etc. to the Frame .......

gps03.jpg

Top piece of Kit, easy to fit...........

CC

:cool:

:thumb Nice setup CC, thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
Michel

Sorry to put a downer on this one, as the fitment looks fantastic.
But have you tried to either zoom in cancel route show/hide tabs or select an item whilst gloved and on the move ( Safe mode off of course )

Back
Top Bottom