G1150PS mount

Migsel, I am interested in buying a mount, but for some reason you do not have a PM button. Could you contact me either by PM or on my e-mail address: cambell.evans@evansbros.co.uk Thanks

E. J. Cambell Evans said:
Migsel, I am interested in buying a mount, but for some reason you do not have a PM button. Could you contact me either by PM or on my e-mail address: cambell.evans@evansbros.co.uk Thanks
Done E.J., just sent you a note.

I don't have PM's enabled because I like to keep track of things in my mailbox: GSrijder@hotmail.com

If I have to watch that and a PM box, I'm afraid things will get messy.

Cheers,
Michel

Got Quest mount in the UK yet?

Hi Guys, trying to get together the bits for my mount but GPS warehouse doesn't yet have them in stock...Is there anywhere else I can get them?

Plus, does this come with a power and audio wire ready to be connected to the bike and headphones?

If not does the lead for the SP2610 fit the quest..(10495-02 Power/Audio Cable )..probably not right?

Sounds like another amendment of the car holder is in order...
Thanks

AFAIK, the Quest mount is due for release by Garmin soon, certainly before the end of the year. If you can't wait for that, you can buy a handlebar mount from Global Positioning Systems Ltd which is OK but maybe not so sturdy as we are told the Garmin mount will be.

Attachments

• gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 515
Migsel

I was hoping to catch up with you at Lands End, but had to leave early.

I currently have a Touratech 2610 handlebar bracket (01-065-0065-0) fixed to cross bar, but am not happy with position on the bike.

Would you be able to make up one of your mounts, but instead of fitted with a ram ball, have a small horizontal bar, same diameter as cross bar, so I can refix my TT mount to?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Maybe what you are suggesting can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it. And for a one off it would be expensive too.

The TT mount is perfect for handlebar mounting, but it is too bulky and heavy to put above the speedo. There is enough room for the Garmin mount or the RAM cradle, but only just.

I have tried both and the RAM cradle is perfect for the job. It holds the unit more securely than the Garmin one. And it's only £9.98 at the GPS Warehouse.

If you really want to try it, you can also fix a RAM-B-238 Diamond base with ball 1" to the TT mount and put it on the speedo mount. But I'm quite sure you won't like the result. I've got a TT mount that I use on my R80 so I have tried it too of course :)

Cheers,
Michel

MiGSel said:
Hi Dave,

Maybe what you are suggesting can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it. And for a one off it would be expensive too.

The TT mount is perfect for handlebar mounting, but it is too bulky and heavy to put above the speedo. There is enough room for the Garmin mount or the RAM cradle, but only just.

I have tried both and the RAM cradle is perfect for the job. It holds the unit more securely than the Garmin one. And it's only £9.98 at the GPS Warehouse.

If you really want to try it, you can also fix a RAM-B-238 Diamond base with ball 1" to the TT mount and put it on the speedo mount. But I'm quite sure you won't like the result. I've got a TT mount that I use on my R80 so I have tried it too of course :)

Cheers,
Michel

Michel

Thanks for you advice, I will have a think whether it is worth changing.

Dave

Calling Migsel

I would like one of your mounts.

Please PM with details

Andy

G1150PS Mount

Hi, I am very very interested in purchasing one of your GPS mounts for my GSA. Could you please send me details of price availability etc as soon as possible. Many thanks.

Mike Doyle

Michel Hi again. My e-mail is mikedoyle@totalise.co.uk. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you but I
had problems getting the forum to let me send a reply, my fault probably. Hope to hear from you soon. All the best. Mike

G1150ps Mount

Hi all, Has anyone out there fitted a BMW Navigator II complete with cradle (and the extra three controls) using one of Michel's mounts? If so could you advise on what RAM mount accessories etc that you had to use. Also any comments would be welcome. Many thanks. Mike

This is MikeO's setup:

MRANavIIF.jpg

As seen on his "Inspection of the Colonies" tour.

He's using the standard length RAM arm there, because of the MRA screen with Tobinators. Otherwise, I'd recommend the short one. That's RAM-B-201-A.

And the round bit with 1" RAM ball you can bolt to the back of the mount is RAM-B-202.

Cheers,
Michel

G1150ps Mount.

Many thanks Michel. :) I'll contact you again early next week re the money for the mount. :beerjug:

Mike

1200 GS Mount ???

I wanted to know if you make these mounts for the GS1200 ?

If you do, would you have a piccie of the product mounted ?

thx, hp

kdude said:
I wanted to know if you make these mounts for the GS1200 ?
If you do, would you have a piccie of the product mounted ?

Yes I do have one, it looks like this:

This mount goes on top of the metal plate between the speedo and the screen. and you can mount up the 3 devices.

No I don't have pics of the mount on the bike yet, but I will have some soon.

It is available from my brand new webshop >> www.migsel.com

Cheers,
Michel

Back
Top Bottom