Whats wrong with Harley Davidson Riders

Went to the Foundry in Canterbury as my brother had a Road King booked for a test ride to see if he got on with it before a longer hire... to ride Route 66 in the summer...

Place chock full of bikes, all with km speedos and sold... no plates.... The sales team too busy to talk with us as they had queues of Germans and Dutch buyers picking the bikes up and loading them into a variety of German and Dutch registered vans.

One Cloggie said that the Road King he bought was €3500 cheaper here than at home.... with the tunnel and ferry port a few miles away, Foundry is ideal for them.....

Once we got the RK it was amazing how the Wild Hogs all nod and wave and then ignore me following on the GS!!!

Once we got the RK it was amazing how the Wild Hogs all nod and wave and then ignore me following on the GS!!!

So are you telling me that you nod individually to every bike that comes towards you?

So if there is a group you must look like this: :guitarist

I have had a few HD's, a rigid 1200 shovel chop and a S&S 100" powered softail.
Never had any problems with nods being returned from all sorts of bikers.
I now ride a 1200GSA and still nod at all fellow biking types regardless of what they are on (apart from fecking sports bikes).
When I first got my GSA and passed some HD'ers I nodded and expected to be ignored, but wasn't, infact I find that HD'ers are the most likley to nod back, and the worst for nodding back - other GSA riders... fecking amazing!!

I have a theory for the GSA non nodders..... shimmer shimmer shimmer......
"they are on an adventure and they are all allone on a dusty track (A5 really), and then I appear and it bursts thier bubble and they don't like me and my bike being in thier dream world...." ha ha ha.

The thing with some HD'ers, is that when they all get together and ride in a group they change, the neck gets wound in and they get all 'attitudey', but get them by themselves once the group has split up and they revert back to normal.
The ones that really p#ss me off are the ones with the stars and stripes flags, bandannas, pants etc all over the place, if they must fly a flag, why not the union or similar?
You wouldn't find Americans (in USA) riding round on triumphs with Union flags waving in the wind.
It's probably just me..... or is it...???

The ones that really p#ss me off are the ones with the stars and stripes flags, bandannas, pants etc all over the place, if they must fly a flag, why not the union or similar?
You wouldn't find Americans (in USA) riding round on triumphs with Union flags waving in the wind.
It's probably just me..... or is it...???[/QUOTE]
when i go to the states i normaly fly the union flag on the back of the bike, a good conversation piece in out of the way spots. when at a local dealer over here i asked somebody what part of the states they came from as the bike had a huge stars and stripes hanging off it "Chelsea" was the reply. just laughed out loud and walked away before any more was said.

Did a 300 mile round trip to Lyme Regis yesterday
was a great ride
weather fantastic - perfect day to be out on the bike
we all waved nodded shook a leg acknoledged our fellow bikers
except for
you guessed it
what the **** is wrong with HD owners
saw loads of them on the motorway and coming away from Devon towards London - probably a meet on somewhere
not one single person waved or nodded

From personal experience, I'd say it's the same when I wave or nod to a GS rider when I'm not riding a GS.

It's very much a UK thing, UK motorcyclists are so far up their own jacksies with HD riders not acknowledging anyone else, Gold Wing riders not acknowledging anyone else, GS riders not acknowledging anyone else, sportsbike riders not acknowledging anyone else, and so it goes on. UK motorcycling is so full of little cliques, with riders looking down their noses at anyone who rides a different type of bike to them, it makes you wonder where the camraderie is on times!!!

On the Continent, a motorcyclist is a motorcyclist no matter what they ride. Everyone seems to acknowledge you as you pass. What's wrong with Britain???

Knew i bought the right bike

Noooooooooooo :eek:
you need a proper GS for that LOL :clap

Attachments

• harley.jpg
    harley.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 215
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8t0lHYMZz-Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8t0lHYMZz-Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8t0lHYMZz-Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8t0lHYMZz-Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Gotta agree with ya.

Replace the bike brand name with BMW and replace the comments about the attire with Twat Suits and Arai TourX and you`ll be back at square one.

Or insert KawaYamaSuzOndaCati and humpy back leather romper suits and race replica paint job Arais.

There`s a pattern developing here...............:augie

Underneath the fancy dress,all the weekend wannabees are ALL THE SAME.

Gotta agree Tarka dude, I rides a GSA & a Harley, dont even own a car out of choice, Me I wave n nod like a nutter to all (EXCEPT HOGGIES) Methinks they have there heads placed so far up ,,,,,,, they cant see other biker,s. Been ridin for last 25 years n still love it. You stay shiny side up,
All the best Jake'
Not all Harley rider's are *&$+s.:rob

oh yea and

sun was out yesterday as u all know
i was blatting all over the place
any excuse i know
but
saw not one but to HD guys
still ignoring everyone but for extra cool looks they were wearing black german helmets - shorts and short sleeve t shirts with the obligatory sun glasses and Orange County Choppers Mr Tutle stare DOING 60MPH ish
my thoughts were
YOU ARE A COUPLE OF ***** :augie
but even though u piss me off - i hope to god you never come off :beerjug:

mate of mines just bought a harley, he never gave me any stick when i got the GS how can i give him stick for buying something he likes:augie

mind you ive told him he's he's in for pain if he turns into a twat:D

If I don't wave, it's cos I'm hanging on for dear life.

Anything over 120 kph with no fairings and forward pegs - I just CAN'T wave to you - sorry guys :)

Back
Top Bottom