Reaction score
Did a 300 mile round trip to Lyme Regis yesterday
was a great ride
weather fantastic - perfect day to be out on the bike
we all waved nodded shook a leg acknoledged our fellow bikers
except for
you guessed it
what the **** is wrong with HD owners
saw loads of them on the motorway and coming away from Devon towards London - probably a meet on somewhere
not one single person waved or nodded - we passed about 18 in a line ****in pathetic twats all looking straight ahead with such superior attitudes that we were all morons invading there special space
they also looked ******* rediculous - german crash helmets - tassels flying in the wind moustaches all trying to look like they just got off the set of american chopper
in that line of 18 the last one had a great big pole fixed to the bike with a 3ft x 4ft flag blowing in the wind -god knows what was on it
my uncle has a Harley Soft tale classic and rides it everyday he at one point wanted to join the local HD club - they sent him all the rules and regs and said he had to pay monthly - he binned it and called them a bunch of twats and said thats not what riding was all about and refused to join the club
anyone else have any thoughts or things they could enlighten us with as to why HD clubs are like this :rob

I deliberatly don't wave to anyone then read there gripes on motorcycle forums :thumb2

It's how I get my kicks:cool:

I think you've just summed up why as a longtime HD rider I've never found an HD club I could take seriously... The whole HOG thing is just pathetic. Plus I can't stand shiny bikes... my '90 FLHS is a disgrace and I love it...

Attachments

• 3277157166_4ee58bfb21_o.jpg
    3277157166_4ee58bfb21_o.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,020
me being both a gser and a h/d rider i find the 1200gser the worst for saying hi.i pass them all day long and i can lay a fiver on it not one will say hi/wave/fart/nod so it goes both ways was in France bank holiday weekend for the day with some mates and the 100 or so bike we passed maybe 5 didn't wave or nod. just wish it was like that here after all most of us are and have always been bikers.. and i don't the hog thing either.

If you nodded at every bike out on a sunny sunday around here your f*cking head would fall off, I nod at bikes monday to friday.

To nod or not to nod, that is the question, whether tis nobelest in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous HD riders!

Maybe they think other bikes ain't cool enough to acknowledge, but how rude! :comfort

The only Harley I ever rode vibrated so much my vision became blurred. Perhaps that's the problem. Blurred vision. None of them could see past their front wheel hence missed your nods.

All the riders over here wave, including Harley Riders :)

Did a 300 mile round trip to Lyme Regis yesterday
was a great ride
weather fantastic - perfect day to be out on the bike
we all waved nodded shook a leg acknoledged our fellow bikers
except for
you guessed it
what the **** is wrong with HD owners
saw loads of them on the motorway and coming away from Devon towards London - probably a meet on somewhere
not one single person waved or nodded - we passed about 18 in a line ****in pathetic twats all looking straight ahead with such superior attitudes that we were all morons invading there special space
they also looked ******* rediculous - german crash helmets - tassels flying in the wind moustaches all trying to look like they just got off the set of american chopper
in that line of 18 the last one had a great big pole fixed to the bike with a 3ft x 4ft flag blowing in the wind -god knows what was on it
my uncle has a Harley Soft tale classic and rides it everyday he at one point wanted to join the local HD club - they sent him all the rules and regs and said he had to pay monthly - he binned it and called them a bunch of twats and said thats not what riding was all about and refused to join the club
anyone else have any thoughts or things they could enlighten us with as to why HD clubs are like this :rob

Replace the bike brand name with BMW and replace the comments about the attire with Twat Suits and Arai TourX and you`ll be back at square one.

Or insert KawaYamaSuzOndaCati and humpy back leather romper suits and race replica paint job Arais.

There`s a pattern developing here...............:augie

Underneath the fancy dress,all the weekend wannabees are ALL THE SAME.

Replace the bike brand name with BMW and replace the comments about the attire with Twat Suits and Arai TourX and you`ll be back at square one.

Or insert KawaYamaSuzOndaCati and humpy back leather romper suits and race replica paint job Arais.

There`s a pattern developing here...............:augie

Underneath the fancy dress,all the weekend wannabees are ALL THE SAME.
:beerjug::bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:beerjug: nuff said:thumb

Back in the day when I started riding (early 80's onwards) people just got a leather jacket, boots and jeans... none of this niche marketing for gear. Now people sell their gear 'cos it doesn't match the bike they've bought, and so it goes :confused: I mean my old Furygan leather jacket & jeans got worn on HD's, BMW's, Guzzi's... any bike infact. Otherwise it's the catalogue man syndrome... We need a return to biking as a passion, not a fashion :thumb2

Perhaps they're busy worrying about what's between their legs?

I think you've just summed up why as a longtime HD rider I've never found an HD club I could take seriously... The whole HOG thing is just pathetic. Plus I can't stand shiny bikes... my '90 FLHS is a disgrace and I love it...
attachment.php

I will buy a you a pint, sir. I didn't know Harley's even knew about snow.

ive noticed the same thing , heads are buried firmly up their holes wondering how cool they are .... god love em!

I think you've just summed up why as a longtime HD rider I've never found an HD club I could take seriously... The whole HOG thing is just pathetic. Plus I can't stand shiny bikes... my '90 FLHS is bloody gorgeous and MMC covets it massively...

Fixed it for you.

I had the same problem when I had my Tour Glide. Couldn't find a bunch of HD riders I'd want to spend time with. The lot at the dealership were all Conan the Accountant types. The only decent lads were at Crawley Classics near Witney - top blokes the lot of 'em.

You, sir, have the HD I've been looking for ever since. The right model and no bloody polishing. Perfect. I'm jealous. Missed one on e-bay just after Christmas. They either seem to be chopper-tastic raked out fork jobbies or polished-to-within-an-inch chrooooome temples. I'm after a sound bike that's just good to ride and stuff the Autosol.

And I don't give a toss who waves back - I'll cheerfully wave at anything on two wheels. Even when I'm in the car sometimes :blush

Back
Top Bottom