1 day BASIC off road school for short arsed biker!

Mrs Radar_UK

Could someone please point me in the direction of an off road school that does ONE day basic level training (for complete novices) and provides bikes for people who don't have the luxury of a 32 inch inside leg!

I am all geared to buying myself a nice little Serow, I really want to get out there and get muddy and have some fun but I really need to do a basic skills course first (along with Mr Radar who does have long legs!) just to make sure I'm going to enjoy it.

I dont want to spend a load of money on a bike and then find that in fact I prefer tarmac to mud!

I've looked at various companies and the problem is that I am recently recovered from a major illness and I only want to do one day, I'm not a fat flabby lard arse but I do know my physical limits and 2 days would be too much to start off with and I'd be wasting my money.

Someone put a link to the AJC experience on another thread, I have left messages on their landline and mobile and no one has rung me back, I've even emailed them today.

I've looked at the Yamaha off road school and the bikes are too big.

I've even looked at www.trailworld.co.uk which is quite local (Hertfordshire) and they cater for midgets like me :p BUT their damage insurance is shite, £20 for the day but you only get cover up to £250 of damage to the bike, anything over that you have to pay for. I'd spend the whole day worrying about binning it and wouldnt be enjoying myself!

Someone somewhere must be running a course that suits my needs?

Help please!

Celeste

That damage cover is rubbish!
I have booked to do the Yamaha off road school in May ( although I may not be able to do it now). I am only 5'4" and they didn't seem to think it would be a problem.

I also contacted AJC - they did get back to me eventually, but it took them a few days.
I seem to remember some places use 125cc bikes which may not be too tall, i will get back to you when I find the details.

Thanks Moody, the Wales one looks prefect and they have a Serow which is perfect, gives me a chance to try before I buy! :thumb2

They dont charge you for damages either and offer cash back if you give the bike back at the end of the day unscathed!

I'm going to give them a call this evening and book something for the beginning of May.

Also AJC just emailed me, apparently they're a man down (broken limbs, not on their training days I hope! LOL) but sadly are fully booked for the dates we wanted.

Celeste

Thanks Moody, the Wales one looks prefect and they have a Serow which is perfect, gives me a chance to try before I buy! :thumb2

They dont charge you for damages either and offer cash back if you give the bike back at the end of the day unscathed!

I'm going to give them a call this evening and book something for the beginning of May.

Also AJC just emailed me, apparently they're a man down (broken limbs, not on their training days I hope! LOL) but sadly are fully booked for the dates we wanted.

Celeste

Let me know how you get on - some friends and I are hoping to do the Wales one this year some time.

Anne x

I did a day with TrailWorld, and to be honest unless you are going crazy you're not going to need the damage waiver at all.

The other place I have seem is TrackSense who have a training centre near Heathrow. Once I get my bike (currently looking for a CRF230) I will take it over there and do a day with them too.

I am off to the AJP Experience tomorrow for a days training for my Enduro Africa trip which should be fun.

Well the AJP Experience was awesome. Great variety of terrain on Salisbury Plain and great instruction on fun bikes - little and lightweight rules!

I was also using the day to try out my helmet cam - I now know I need to angle it up somewhat to get more of the horizon in the shot.

A couple of little videos:

First the Crashes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBhcQuPGOU&NR=1

And some more of the ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kOMIznkrpQ

Back
Top Bottom