OH MY GOD!

Arcanum

I'm expecting delivery of my new 800GS soon and because I'm going to be using it for commuting I want to be sure no little toerags make off with it while I'm hard at graft.
So a bloody big chain and padlock are in order, which one? There is only one, the only one that can destroy bolt cropper jaws.

:bowALMAX! immobiliser series 3 and 4. Get one of these monsters, tie your bike to something secure like a lamp post and worry no more.

Checkout the website, even just to watch the phenomenal videos of just how crap most other chains really are compared to the Almax, I hope your current chain isn't one of them.

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.asp?pg=19

Watched one video, very impressive, but I wonder how a cordless angle grinder would fair? Anyone know?

The Almax 3 is a serious chain, I have one at home and work as they are rather heavy to lug around in a rucksack. I just loop it through the hole in the rear of my swing arm and round a barrier and that is the only security I use (G450X so no ignition switch/alarm etc) If someone still wants it then so be it.

It's a shame they don't use the same method to cut the chains, A fat bloke leaning against a set of bolt croppers with new blades will never break a dirty great chain like that ! :blast

a Geordie jumping on a pair of B/Croppers with Notched blades just might .....:augie

But its Impressive nontheless

Watched one video, very impressive, but I wonder how a cordless angle grinder would fair? Anyone know?

Does it really matter? :confused:

If the thief is equiped with cordless angles grinders etc. then they have come to steal your bike and they'll probably get it. Security on bikes is more about ensuring your bike is harder to nick than the next one and that your insurance is valid. ;)

I think this chain passes the due dilligence test :clap

+1 on a series III. I find its quite portable with the free Kreiga 10 they send you - it fits just nicely.

The good thing with Almax chains is that all the links are long loops, so it's really easy to get the chain wrapped tightly around the bike/lamp post/railings etc.

And I'm farly sure UKGSER's get a bit of discount/free postage or the like ;)

I've got an Oxford Monster..

Doesn't look quite so good now :blast

Yep its the best chain by far. Ive often wondered why its never been featured in the Bike Magazine chain and security tests:nenau Could it be that they are so far superior to other chains that it may put many off the chains made by maufacturers that pay huge advertising premiums to the magazine world? Most of the chains being pushed by the larger companies arent even in the same ball park as these chains. Get one.....you wont be dissapointed.
To be quite honest Ive never had a product thats been made by Oxford thats been remotely any good. Oxford Monster...............Laughable! Only wished I knew how it got through to getting a security rating. Must be some backhanders being dished out somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom