Diesel Adventure bike breaks cover

not bad at all a bit KTM looking at the front
836ea9eb92f64584a72e0ca0361e55c8.jpg

388dad33dcb44d46aea4911af64ccfe1.jpg

Mmmmmm. . . . :drool
Do like that, even shaft drive as well. :rolleyes:
Wonder what the price tag will be like? :eek :eek:
Coluld be a real long range bike, afterthe fuel issues out in Morroco a few weeks ago. :blast

From memory the original versions that were pig ugly were around £18 k or something.... or was it 32? i cant remember... somewhere in between anyways!!!

Not bad at all, I am unsure about the CVT though, I think I like gearchanging on two wheels.
Stewart

i was talking about the original one bud. When it first broke cover several years ago.

And it looked shit :)

17,500 euros is £15,752.71 - I dont care how many MPG's it does, it ain't worth that much.
Whats the point of buying a bike for this much so you can save money on fuel? :blast

You could buy a fully spec'd out 1200GSA and have enough change to run it for years...

it's a bit multistrada isn't it:)

JS_260209_TRACK_T800cdi_MOTORBEURS_UTRECHT_179_small_2.jpg

or is it KTM?

track-t800cdi-Black_left1.jpg

T-800_test4.jpg

me likey :thumb2
but not at 17500 yooroes:rolleyes:

I think the bike looks great.. a bit Aprillia/Duc in the lights and KTM from the side! and I like the idea of the shaft drive and the mpg.. but the price is just insane! You could buy and run a XT660Z for years on that money!

:rob

Also whats really the point.. is it to be greener? Or just to promote a new idea? Are petrol/oil reserves really so low that bikes need to be changed long before the billions of cars sold each year are improved? Even a new "eco" box only does about 70mpg in the real world.. My Cagiva does near that and its been on the road nearly 15 years!

My neighbour is a fanatical green..:rob And is alway giving me "green advice" on my cars/bikes.. some of which I take in.. other bits I tend to ignore! But he did mention that more co2 is produced during the manufacure of new vehicles than tends to be produced by an average 10 years of use (apart from real gas guzzlers of course).. But I guess that bikes just are not green enough (bet my old Z1000 or Elefant are still greener than the piece of shite desiel mondeo he drives)...

Rant rant rant :rob :rob

Its not all about economy figures

Modern turbodiesels are much nicer to drive( in many car applications) than their petrol counterparts now and maybe the same could be said about this diesel bike :nenau

The whole front end , forks , mudgaurd, brakes ect looks like its actually been lifted straight from a KTM Adventure if I'm not mistaken plus the wheels, suspension and the rear subframe/pillion pegs and then on top of that there are the obvious styling cues too .

Its certainly an alternative albeit an expensive one.

Holland Calling

Just read a test in NLs bike rag.

The bloke behind this project ran a firm prepping 'bikes for RTW trips.
He says he once made a 60l. 'tank for an Africa Twin(!)
So he wanted to make something which didn't need to carry so much fuel / weight..

'His' engine is the DCX unit from the Smart Diesel.
Being a diesel, it has a narrow rev range, for this reason (and compactness)
he chose a CVT gearbox. The clutch is centrifugal.

The bevel box is from a BMW R1200cs. With no steps in acceleration / gear jerk-changes, it doesn't use / need the parellogram rear of, say, a GS.

The 'bike mag's stats vary a bit from the web site. The article says 50hp and 120Nm. They say it's not as fast as R1200GS or KTM Adv., but on a par with a 650SV. So probably similar to an 11XX.

With moderate use, it can return "1 op 45" ie, a liter to 45 klicks - or 125mpg
And at 175Km/h "1 op 21" ie 58mpg.
With its 22l tank, 600+ miles are possible.
No offence Tarka, but that is different to your Enfield. :comfort

In use, the lack of engine braking via the CVT is something that's takes time to get used to. With no clutch lever, you can spec a rear brake lever instead of a foot pedal if you wish.

Price. For now they are only selling in their home market (NL) and have 40 orders. The E17500 price is inclusive of the dreaded local 'BPM' tax. A purchase tax on new vehicles.
As a reference this makes a 1200GS E15000 (compared with in Belgium @
E13300). So not as expensive as it looks to British buyers. Albeit still not cheap..

B.

Interesting:confused:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-ar-eVG9Tc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-ar-eVG9Tc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There's just something I like about that bike! It's insanely expensive but I do like the idea and do you really need 100bhp+ on an adventure tourer?

If it was a couple of grand cheaper i'd be tempted it's very different.....!

Where do you get a test ride on one in the UK?

FP.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom