Aero Trim - Brilliant

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this as I've solved my long term problem of either wind noise or buffetting depending where I set my screen. At 6'5" I'd given up but this little bit of kit from hero blobs http://shop.heroblobs.co.uk/ has saved my bacon. Although only small it's adjustable and forms a second air deflector now sending all wind above my helmet and cut out all the buffetting. It's not that it heightens the screen but works however.
Now I can't wait to get back out on the bike.
I can't post attachments so check out their web site above or search Ebay.
Cheers
G

have you got a picture with it fitted to your bike?
I am 6'6'' so interested in this, also what screen is fitted to your bike?
standard gs or gs adv?
thanks

Hi, I originally fitted a Givi after the original being too short and narrow. The Givi is better for width but did nothing for height. This little thing has sorted this as well. It looks like it will fit on any screen and looks to be the same principal as the MRA touring screens. Can't post attachments as not fully paid up member but if you send email address I'll post pics direct.
Cheers
G

Still like it?

Hi there,
I am am in the same situation you was in a while ago, 6'4' and a Givi screen but loads of buffeting. Removed the Tobinators as made the screen shake.
Do you still like the Aero Trim? Can you ride at 90mph with your visor up?
Any Pictures?

Regards "Windblown and Deaf" >>>>>>>>>>>:)

I'm still pleased with the Aero Trim although it's not 90 mph visor up stuff. I've found that to stop buffeting the screen needs to be in it's lowest position but that of course allows more wind lower down and thats where the trim helps. I saw this as a low cost option but it's no way as good as my mate who fitted an Adventure screen. Very expensive as all the sub frame needs changing but will fetch big money on ebay when he resells in the future.
No pic's sorry
G

Excellent.....

Hi Garry,
Cheers for the quick reply. Purchased an Aero Trim the other day, took half an hour to fit and that was it, guessed the angle of the deflector and went off for a spin. Result? Superb. Buffeting all but gone, can feel wind on my face but no discomfort. Noise has dropped. Couldn't do visor up at 80 before, now 80 okay same with 90-100-110mph (Autobahn of course!). Only time visor flipped down was passing lorries due to side draft. Everything seems so quieter now.
Weird. I'm 6' 4" with a tall Givi screen if that compares with anything.
Jury's out on looks but I think BM's are ugly anyway. A bit like Quasimodo complaining about a spot on his chin!
Cheers for the info.
Regards..................... Martin

Nice one Martin, I agree about the looks but it seems to be a talking point at the tea stops. People keep asking me what it is.
Cheers
G

Not the best picture, but it should give you an idea.

Attachments

• aerotrim3_large.jpg
    aerotrim3_large.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,114
Sorry to blow the dust off this thread again, but do you need to drill your screen for this or is it fairly secure sticking it on? I would like to try one but I don't want holes in the screen if I don't like it.

Cheers,

Matt

I drilled mine straight away but I'm sure if you get proper double sided tape it would work.
I'd recommend the stuff for fitting numberplates. Any numberplate supplier should have some. One sorted you could mark and drill after removing tape. I always use the hair drier to loosen glue first.
Cheers
G

Back
Top Bottom