Cameras, Comms, and Video

video clip

Am I the only one that can't see the video? :augie All I can see is a blank box.

Yoy any chance of posting a link?

Bandit
:type

Thanks. :thumb2

Well, I had to slow it down as I was following BMWs :augie but probably hit a maximum of 60 - 65mph.

Yep - according to the Tracks in my 660, I hit a maximum of 74mph at one point.

Well, I had to slow it down as I was following BMWs :augie but probably hit a maximum of 60 - 65mph.

Yep - according to the Tracks in my 660, I hit a maximum of 74mph at one point.

74 mph , that must have been on the way DOWN the bank :augie

I knew a should have waited for ya, ya didnt get my best side only my BACKSIDE!! :bounce1:augie

Well, I had to slow it down as I was following BMWs :augie
I have been told the Bee-Emer's were riding in "Southern Shandy" mode, specially for you like :D

Nice roads. I was struck by how little traffic there was and also the fact the roads looked narrow and well surfaced :thumb2

I have been told the Bee-Emer's were riding in "Southern Shandy" mode, specially for you like :D

Nice roads. I was struck by how little traffic there was and also the fact the roads looked narrow and well surfaced :thumb2

I've heard tell of that mode, as a factory-fitted option. But I'm not sure anyone had it, as they didn't have a lot of budget left after fitting heated valve caps... :D

All joking aside, we weren't hanging about. These guys are my kind of rideout buddies. :thumb Fast, controlled, and a good laugh (not meant to sound patronising). The Alps will be a very enjoyable hoot with this Northern possé, no doubt about it. :thumb2

Anyhow, the road surface was very good in most places, but nowhere did I see it crumbling or falling apart. There were one or two tight bends that I just couldn't read properly, especially one which was a double-apex and just dropped away form me :tears, and if the road surface hadn't been good, I think I may have pooped it a bit. :eek:

That cyclist whooshed past us at about the same speed we were!

Yoy

Just remembered...

...before we set off, Rivendell said "I'm just a bimbler. If anyone wants to take t'lead, feel free".

By demonstration, we were all of the opinion that this was not a statement of modesty, but a challenge...

I think that's the understatement of the year, so far!:thumb

yoy,

what software did u use to edit the video? does the camera record in AVI or mov?
my normal cam only records in MOV which is :tosser ... and no zoom whilst fiming. ( lumix cam)

might look for a cheapy camcorder for the trip tho.

who has suggestions? looking at the toshiba camileo range but its summer use only as its not waterproof and i dont really want to buy another still camera.

Here's an example using a Sony bullet cam & Canon DV. The bullet cam is mounted on the side of my helmet, DV in handlebar bag, external mic on bike, LANC controller on top of clutch reservoir. Edited using Microsoft Movie Maker 'cos it's free and simple.

Apologies for grubby lens....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Sinm7lFxQw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Sinm7lFxQw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just remembered...

...before we set off, Rivendell said "I'm just a bimbler. If anyone wants to take t'lead, feel free".

Ha ha, I remember that, I think the exact quote was "if i'm holding you up please come past" :eek:

Yep right, the feckin tornado jet above us had to wait for the long stretch after yokendale to pass. :pullface

And Yoy, wot's wi t'attempts at t'norvern accent and all t's befoor all t'words. :mad:

yoy,

what software did u use to edit the video? does the camera record in AVI or mov?
my normal cam only records in MOV which is :tosser ... and no zoom whilst fiming. ( lumix cam)

might look for a cheapy camcorder for the trip tho.

who has suggestions? looking at the toshiba camileo range but its summer use only as its not waterproof and i dont really want to buy another still camera.

I used Windows Movie Maker - comes with Vista.

For £180-odd, it's not a bad camera, even if I only use it for video. It records in AVI format, records time-lapse/interval, and it will also zoom whilst filming. :thumb

I looked at other waterproof video-only cameras - here and here, but the video quality wasn't reported to be as good. Plus, the Pentax is smaller, and the kids can have fun with it on holiday in the swimming pool or the beach.

I never got a chance to test any of them, and bought 'blind', but quite pleased with the results. Haven't had chance to really test the still picture quality, but I have the Canon for that :mmmm

I'm not a huge fan of bullet-cams - I think they distort perspective too much and gives me a headache! - but I'd be interested to see some footage from Mags' high-end set-up - that could be the ultimate bullet-cam solution :thumb

Mind you, I'm also after ease-of-use. I don't really want to spend another wedge of cash on video editing software etc., just for a bit of fun, if you see what I mean? I get more enjoyment from taking good stills.

Yoy

Last edited:
Whilst not a dedicated camera, comms or video device my new super shiny iPhone 3GS 32GB is utterly amazing and will be accompanying me during the trip. Just need to work out how to disable the GPS :blast :nenau :D

Back
Top Bottom