what silver paint for frame chips?

I have been watching this tread with interest, as my driveshaft got damaged last time it was serviced,:mad: Bmw have failed to come up with a code, so that I could repair it.
So plan B is to get the silver colour matched at a paint factors, then I will post the info here.

Paintman.

I think the quality of soft shine is equally important to the colour in order to achieve an invisible mend.

Bit worried about all these refernces to chips on your frame - I haven't been near your frame - have I???!?!?!?!:mmmm:mmmm

Chips;)

I need the paint that matches the very bright silver paint used on the GSA rack (09) as I am making some brackets to help secure my soft panniers and want to match it. I had a quick look in Halfords but cant see anything that looks right. Has anybody any idea what might match this? It is much brighter that the crash bars, FD case and even the GS frame. Why so many different shades?

I need the paint that matches the very bright silver paint used on the GSA rack (09) as I am making some brackets to help secure my soft panniers and want to match it. I had a quick look in Halfords but cant see anything that looks right. Has anybody any idea what might match this? It is much brighter that the crash bars, FD case and even the GS frame. Why so many different shades?

:confused:

The crash bars and the rear rack are stainless steel on the GSA.

Cheers Wilbjr. That explains that then. :(

:confused:

The crash bars and the rear rack are stainless steel on the GSA.

I'm sorry, but I just burst out laughing when I reached this point :)

I admire the tenacity of anyone who can be arsed tracking down a wee dod of the perfect match of silver paint for a chip or scratch that may return the next time out.

But the stainless steel "paint match" is a classic :)

Help ...please

This seems to be the best kept secret....." what colour are the crash bars"

I've tried all the above..... Part numbers.... Dealer says " not available "

Hammerite .... Too silver.....

And have spent ages trying to match against cans in halfords......

I'm fed up now...... But as I've started..... Etc etc....

I don't want to cover it with bits of tape ..... I want the right colour.....:confused:...... Not asking for much..... Someone must know.....!!!!

Back
Top Bottom