Who thought that up then?

Mutley

Reaction score
So I've just been out for a ride on the Superglide in the sunshine which was slightly ruined by not being able to stop for an ice cream. The reason? I left home without the keys :p

I got the bike out of the garage this morning, having unlocked the steering and ignition locks. I started it up and left it warming up on the drive while I got my helmet from the hall table.

I must have put the key and alarm fob down when I picked up my helmet. I then rode off into the glorious sunshine without them :blast

What a stupid design :mad:

not done that yet, but probably will at some point. just need to learn the code set by the indicator buttons to turn on manually. no dont know mine either...but should.

What a stupid design :mad:

So it`s the designer`s fault and not yours,eh ?

And talking of stupidity....

How about leaving an unattended bike not just unlocked ....but with the fecking engine running too?? :augie

My alarm fob goes from the key safe straight round my neck on a lanyard before I head to the garage as I could see me doing the same

It's so you can unlock the plough hitch while the engine's warming up.

:hide

Go to any Harley meet and a fair few riders just leave their ignition unlocked at all times, no wonder they get pinched.

I was just as guilty when i had one, leave the ignition unlocked and just pop a disc lock on:nenau And yes mine did get pinched (it was locked and alarmed at the time though)

Shep

Go to any Harley meet and a fair few riders just leave their ignition unlocked at all times, no wonder they get pinched.

I was just as guilty when i had one, leave the ignition unlocked and just pop a disc lock on:nenau And yes mine did get pinched (it was locked and alarmed at the time though)

Shep

The problem with mine is the alarm / immobiliser auto arms within a few seconds of switching the ignition off, so leaving it unlocked is a bit immaterial really :nenau

The problem with mine is the alarm / immobiliser auto arms within a few seconds of switching the ignition off, so leaving it unlocked is a bit immaterial really :nenau

Mine was never set to auto arm, in them days they went missing despite peoples best attempts at protecting them, a friend used to park his car in the garage with the bike trapped between the back of the car and the rear wall, when they took it, they wrote of his car as well by dragging the Harley over the roof to get it out:D

Mine went missing from a secure compound inside another locked area well away from dodgy prying eyes, but surrounded by residential properties, the bike had double disclocks and was alarmed as was the compound. Still went missing though.

Shep

Back
Top Bottom