Thundersprint

tolski

Northwich Thundersprint this weekend

http://www.thundersprint.com/index.htm

If you've never attended before then get over to Northwich this weekend for a great FREE event. Last wear over 100 thousand watched some great action close up as classic vintage & modern bikes took part in a time trial around the central car park.

On Saturday the bikes are on display outside the Memorial Hall with a chance to demo the new Ducati models on organised ride-outs.

On Sunday there's a cavalcade of over 200 bikes riding around Northwich, the time trial & loads of trade stands. This year sees James Toseland, Jim Redman, Sammy Miller, & several BSB teams attending.

I'll be riding the cavalcade on a Ducati (not sure which yet) & will be on the Ducati manchester stand, so come & say hello. & don't worry there'll be no p#ss taking, two Ducati Manchester employees & myself own GS's :)

Myself and Mrs Haydw are helping out in the paddock and assembly area- did it last year and had a really good day- it was roasting from what I remember. The racing had to be stopped during the afternoon as all our ambulances were taken up with spectators with heatstroke. I also chose that day to try out my new kevlar jeans- BIG mistake. Felt like my backside was wrapped in a warm towel all day. Hopefully it will be sunny this weekend.

I shall be there too with Mrs B cavalcading again - give us a wave

My mate will be running the Aprilla hospitality stand. He came round last night on a Stelvio that has been used as a press hack, man that is one uglee bike! If anyone is interested, all the Aprilla range will be available for test rides, including the new V4. He may also have a few Guzzi's, depending on how much room they have in the truck.
Mark

My mate will be running the Aprilla hospitality stand. He came round last night on a Stelvio that has been used as a press hack, man that is one uglee bike! If anyone is interested, all the Aprilla range will be available for test rides, including the new V4. He may also have a few Guzzi's, depending on how much room they have in the truck.
Mark

v4 will beleve it when i see it there not in uk yet or so my dealer told me :nenau

v4 will beleve it when i see it there not in uk yet or so my dealer told me :nenau

V4 may not be there but this will....:) Took it for a spin last weekend, a real hooligan bike :thumb It'll be available for ride outs on Saturday

Attachments

• Streetfighter3.jpg
    Streetfighter3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 277

That's what they told him, new V4 will be there, but only arrives on Saturday, is for show only, and goes back immediately. :nenau
Then again, Aprilia have told him things before that haven't materialised. :augie
Mark

Just down the road from me so will be going.

Its Macc beer festival this weekend as well.
Think they should combine both. Hi speed racing on public roads and a beer festival :tarka:beer:

Perfect day out:D

Is it worth popping in for just a couple of hours ?

I will be passing by Northwich on the M6 around lunchtime, heading South for a stop at Hemel Hempstead on Saturday night, but i'm in no rush.

Is it worth popping in for just a couple of hours ?

I will be passing by Northwich on the M6 around lunchtime, heading South for a stop at Hemel Hempstead on Saturday night, but i'm in no rush.

Main event is on Sunday, bikes on display outside the Memorial Hall on Saturday plus some trade stands. "is it worth popping in for a couple of hours?" If its en route then yes because its FREE! & not much else is nowadays :nenau

Just got back from a couple of hours wandering round, the new Aprilia V4 IS sat there on its stand, complete with video and AC~DC soundtrack. Looks stunning, if you like that sort of thing. Had a ride out on the Dorsoduro 750, big mistake. Credit card currently locked away in case I do anything silly. :D
Mark

safety barrier!

Wandered around this morning I think they were testing the new safety barrier to see if it would stop them !:augie
thunder2.jpg

I assume some people out there know this guy? he was also being interviewed
thunder1.jpg

good turn out
thunder3.jpg

back tomorrow for racing:)

Back
Top Bottom