New Scamera in the area

Stewart H

Reaction score
Just a couple of miles outside Llangollen There is a new Gatso on the A639 alongside the Canal between the Bryn Howel Hotel and the Sun Trevor Inn, it is guarding a new stretch of 50 MPH limit that might not be in the database yet.:thumb2
Stewart

That's sneaky. Perhaps this should be cross posted to the events page for all the folks going to Llangollen next weekend.
Mark

Edit. Perhaps I should read the title of the thread first! Doh!

Last edited:
Just a couple of miles outside Llangollen There is a new Gatso on the A639 alongside the Canal between the Bryn Howel Hotel and the Sun Trevor Inn, it is guarding a new stretch of 50 MPH limit that might not be in the database yet.:thumb2
Stewart

So from Trevor/Acrefair/Australia Arms, which is 30, to Llangollen is now 50 limit?

Timpo.

So from Trevor/Acrefair/Australia Arms, which is 30, to Llangollen is now 50 limit?

Timpo.

No if you are heading towards Llangollen from Acrefair the new 50 starts just after the Bryn Howel hotel and continues past the Sun Trevor, over the crest/canal crossing and finishes near the long lay-by on the downhill, the camera is facing towards Acrefair.

Good spot Stewart.

For those not familar with the area, thanks to our friends the Powerrangers, North Wales has got lots of speed camera`s and plod is very keen on pulling bikes so take it steady.

They aren`t so bothered if they can see your beard and pipe but take it easy all the same:augie

Good spot Stewart.

For those not familar with the area, thanks to our friends the Powerrangers, North Wales has got lots of speed camera`s and plod is very keen on pulling bikes so take it steady.

They aren`t so bothered if they can see your beard and pipe but take it easy all the same:augie

Well ....... in reality we actually have a lot less fixed speed cameras than other areas of the country. It's just that our chief plod is the loudest empty barrel who likes the sound of his own voice and gives the impression we have more. For instance in the Wrexham area there are two in the town (one of which I've never seen turned on .... from my Snooper in the car). There's one on the A525 in Coedpoeth which is always on, then this new one on the Wrexham to Llangollen road. I seem to recall there being one in Buckley and Rhyl.

The main thing in north Wales is the Arrive Alive camera vans, they tend to be out on the A5 etc on the weekends and they usually try to hide them. I'd have thought they wanted the visual deterrent rather than the income but I'm being naive I guess ;)

Also be careful as they have several Honda sports bikes as unmarked police bikes and I've seen them with an unmarked red R1200GS. I understand this years sneak is to use unmarked campervans parked in laybyes as camera vans.

What you will find in the region is zero tolerance of anything really, if you're unfortunate enough to have a collision you will be assumed to be at fault before the car driver. They really just want to make it as unpleasant as possible to deter people from the area.

http://www.eveningleader.co.uk/news/Police-driving-us-out-of.5194353.jp?CommentPage=2&CommentPageLength=10

Back
Top Bottom