Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAMPING SITES

Hi All,

A quick question for you. Is this trip now closed or can new people still come along?

I've read the threads and I know you have spent ages planning and you have some nights already pre-booked but I was thinking. If I decided that I wanted to come along - could I just turn up and come with you on the understanding that I would obviously need to book my own things along the way?

Cheers, Dean.

chubs

first stop

How's anyones German, looks like there maybe a festival on 10/07-13/07 near the location of the first nights stopwww.camping-doering.deProbably would need booking if that's the case. If someone could translate that would be great

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

1st Campsite(Mainz)

Chubs, I'm in Germany at the moment, in fact in the lobby of the Ibis Hotel in Mainz, using the hotel internet link. I can't get that 'Fest' link to work from the campsite site, but will inquire about a festival at that time tomorrow at work. If needed I could call over to the campsite and make a booking before I return to UK on Wed. I'll post an update tomorrow.

On a general note I have been persuaded that prebooking may have advantages. I suspect we will mostlly use the prearranged sites and if we did have to change plans on one or 2 nights and lost deposits then it would not be the end of the world. Having prearranges linking up with Pasuls good routes sites seems worthwhile and maybe increase the chance that the 2 groups may link up at times too. So I've moved to the prebook camp. Jim

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Chubs- good spot. It appears to be an Annual Port Festival.
    Jim, There may be a difference in numbers camping. Stevo is going to confirm next week but if you can get a provisional booking it would be great.

chubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumacoon Lad. View Post
    Chubs, I'm in Germany at the moment, in fact in the lobby of the Ibis Hotel in Mainz, using the hotel internet link. I can't get that 'Fest' link to work from the campsite site, but will inquire about a festival at that time tomorrow at work. If needed I could call over to the campsite and make a booking before I return to UK on Wed. I'll post an update tomorrow.

On a general note I have been persuaded that prebooking may have advantages. I suspect we will mostlly use the prearranged sites and if we did have to change plans on one or 2 nights and lost deposits then it would not be the end of the world. Having prearranges linking up with Pasuls good routes sites seems worthwhile and maybe increase the chance that the 2 groups may link up at times too. So I've moved to the prebook camp. Jim
    Jim are you on recon! I think there was only 5 down to camp first night

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by GS_Mad View Post
    Hi All,

A quick question for you. Is this trip now closed or can new people still come along?

I've read the threads and I know you have spent ages planning and you have some nights already pre-booked but I was thinking. If I decided that I wanted to come along - could I just turn up and come with you on the understanding that I would obviously need to book my own things along the way?

Cheers, Dean.
    Dean, If you want to join in its not a particular problem, but it will be down to you to sort your own bookings....

We've got an 0830 sailing on 10th July from Dover with P&O... the rest you can probably work out from the posts

07875 304772
    Courtesy of Whatton (Kev)

May come in handy?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187393

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12