Go on then - next EA run

OK... so we are going to go west to east...

Start points: Boreham Services for the Essex mob, somewhere near Cambridge for those over there.

Then meet at Thetford to pick up the locals there and have a brew...

Meander through some nice roads to the coast, probably the Flora Tea Rooms at Dunwich for fish & chips. :D

Another meander through the lanes to Orford / Woodbridge area for a spot of afternoon tea.:D:D

Some more nice roads back across to Stowmarket, where the 3 contingents can split and waft home.

More work needed on the detail, timings etc and I will do some tea-room research in the next couple of weeks. If i get a feel for how many people are interested I may be able to get some parking sorted, but we shall see.

Let me know if this floats your boat. :thumb

Matt

Any chance of a GS virgin from North Norfolk joining in on the run?

If yes, any other starters from around Cromer fancy the run to Thetford to join up?

Two of us from Norwich now Madame B has her F800GS.

Suggest local grouping at Thickthorn for Norwich and North Norfolk contingent. Could use A11 or possibly weave about using smaller (more interesting) roads to Thetford.

Thetford McDonalds as a collection point?

Matt - give us your start time from Boreham and I'll work out some rendezvous timings for Thetford and Norwich.

I'm happy to sweep from Thetford as I'm a plodder by nature and no-one can judge me from back there. :(

Another meander through the lanes to Orford / Woodbridge area for a spot of afternoon tea.

...I will do some tea-room research in the next couple of weeks.

Increasingly it strikes me that GSing is the motorcycling equivalent of village cricket. Gentle activity interspersed with food and the occasional bitter rivalry and scrapping soon forgotten.

Hurrah!

Going to miss it too.

Double booked with Bruce Springsteen in London. Bugger. Anything else in the pipeline?

Mind if I join you?

What are the meeting points/times nearest to Bishops Stortford?

Bushy.

OK then. I’ll put in a few timings/route outlines based on Mr Monty's outline above.

Monty – feel free to add/subtract etc. You have PM with my contact details too.

Anyone Cambridge way fancy being the local Cap?

Start points:

Boreham Services - for the Essex mob – Monty to set time and route

Cambridge - can someone local set up a time and place.

Thickthorn Services - for North & Middle Norfolk ‘bors – 09.00 meet and off via Tacolneston, Banham, Garboldisham and Shadwell. I’ll lead, Madame B to sweep, though it’s an easy enough route. Strictly bimbling 50 mins.

Main rendezvous - Thetford McDonald’s at 10.00 to leave at 10.30. (Before complaints – the coffee’s fine, everyone can find it, there’s a toilet and the car park is easy).

Then

<!--[if !supportLists]-->
  • McD
  • Ixworth
  • Thorndon
  • Saxtead
  • Yoxford
  • Dunwich
<!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->
That’s about 75 mins so a little early for lunch. Quick brew and wee?

Monty suggests another meander through the lanes to Orford / Woodbridge area for a spot of lunch.

How about:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->
  • Dunwich
  • Framlingham
  • Framsden
  • Ashbocking
  • Westerfield
  • Tuddenham
  • Gt Bealings
  • Orford
<!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->​
That’s about another hour and definitely time for lunch. Suggestions of suitable place in Orford area? Any ideas to extend route greatly received.

Some more nice roads back across to Stowmarket, where the 3 contingents can split and waft home - can someone take this bit on?
<o:p> </o:p>
[FONT=&quot]Tim[/FONT]

Edit - will garmin when we're agreed.

Interest shown by...

Monty (and Mrs M?)
Tobermoray Womble
geordie 156
KevB
Rong
gnikwp
Engineer (weather permitting)
Farrow730
Noddy?
Noddy made me?
ChasMill
Cormick
king has
Mr Badger
Madame B

15 so far. Add/subtract your name nearer the day so we can have an idea for lunch - might affect where we go.

Tim

Im in Cambridge and happy to join anyone in the run from surrounding area.

If the RV is Thetford on the A11 Mac ds,(ther is one on the A10) can some one give me a map ref or Garmin POI , many thanks:bounce1

can i suggest the BP Sawston (on the south side near duxford) at 9am easy to get on A11 and fuel

Jim

Im in Cambridge and happy to join anyone in the run from surrounding area.

If the RV is Thetford on the A11 Mac ds,(ther is one on the A10) can some one give me a map ref or Garmin POI , many thanks:bounce1

can i suggest the BP Sawston (on the south side near duxford) at 9am easy to get on A11 and fuel

Jim

Top man Jim!

McD is off A11.

FOREST RETAIL PARK
THETFORD
IP24 3QL

Turn off at first roundabout after single caraigeway if heading North. Retail park is just past Sainsbury's.

This is the Garmin for the Iceni run. First point on route.

http://ukgser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112143&d=1235045959

All looking good to me. :thumb2

Can't open the Garmin route though.

Now a bit :confused: Mr B you mentioned the Iceni run.

Is that from the Icey Knees group or the Brembo mob.?

Back
Top Bottom