Swiss Alps Tour: Day 2 - Verbier to Zermatt

Thank you for your patience lads :thumb2

I now have some accommodation options for Day 2 in Zermatt.

As stated in the original accommodation post wherever possible I'm going to put forward a choice of hotel - value or luxury. For most nights there probably won't be a choice but in Zermatt I'm pleased to say there is.

Option 1 - Hotel Alfa

Hotel Alfa is a family run 2 star hotel close to the centre of Zermatt. It is well rated by Google - 4 stars and is about as inexpensive as Zermatt gets.

They have 11 rooms and all prices are for 1 night including large buffet breakfast, service charges, all taxes, free use of a laptop and wireless LAN.

4 x twin-bedded/double rooms, all with balcony to the south side and view of the Matterhorn, private bath and toilet, hair-dryer, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, radio and minibar. CHF 180 for two people and CHF 118 for one person.

1 x twin/three-bedded room with balcony to the south side and a view of the Matterhorn, running cold and warm water, hair-dryer, bath and toilet opposite the room, across the floor, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, radio and minibar. CHF 180.00 for two people, CHF 230 for three people.

and next to it, with the same bathroom and toilet:

1 x twin-bedded room with balcony to the south side and view of the Matterhorn, running cold and warm water, hair-dryer, direct-dial telephone, cable TV and radio. CHF 140.00 for two people – please be aware that the beds are one behind the other in this particular room.

2 x double/twin rooms with window to the east side, private bath and toilet, hair-dryer, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, radio and minibar. CHF 158 for two people.

3 x single rooms with window to the north side, running cold and warm water, hair-dryer, shared bath and toilet on the corridor, direct-dial telephone, cable TV and radio. CHF 65 for one person.

In summary some rooms have a better view and 2 rooms share a bathroom. Prices per person vary from CHF 65 to CHF 118 per person if occupied singly and from CHF 70 to CHF 90 if shared. There is current CHF 1.79 to the £. All I need to know is who wants a single room and then if I pick the best rooms the couples/sharers can decide which who has what to take. How does that sound?

Option 2 - Grand Hotel Zermatterhof

The Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is a top class 5 star hotel close to the centre of Zermatt. In the ski season it's pretty much booked solid and is one of the most expensive and best Hotels in Zermatt. However, in Summer it is more reasonable at CHF 255 for a single room and CHF 345 for a double room.

From the hotel website - "Rates include the copious breakfast from the buffet, service charges, taxes and VAT, free use of wireless LAN and multimedia system in the guest room, soft drinks from the minibar as well as the free access to our renovated Spa “Vita borni” with its indoor swimming-pool, sauna, steam bath, whirlpool, Alpine and Ice grotto and fitness-room. We offer a complimentary transfer from the train station to the hotel by arrival and departure with our electro car or horse drawn carriage."

As you would expect the hotel has an excellent reputation.

I tried unsuccessfully to stay here during the winter so this is where I'll be resting my head on this night. If anyone else would like to stay here please say so :ChrisKelly

The hotels are only 300m apart so we can all meet up for dinner later that evening.

I trust these options meet with the group's approval :thumb

Ya tight git :D:D:D

That will be two for the cow shed then mate me aswell :augie:augie
:thumb2:thumb2

Just need to drink a bit more then all the hotels look the same:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

:thumb2 Yep - I squeak when I walk.

Aye - so long as it's not flea infested, I'd rather some cash for beer and loose wimmin.

Well, beer, anyways...:augie

:thumb2 Yep - I squeak when I walk.

Aye - so long as it's not flea infested, I'd rather some cash for beer and loose wimmin.

Well, beer, anyways...:augie

Wimmin !!!! ya got to be jokin am travelling days to get out the way of one thats the last thing i will be thinkin of ............(well for a day or two !!!! ):D:D:D:D

Dont worry about the fleas mate ............... The cockroaches ate them all :augie:augie......................................................................................................................................................................................................................Yes then the rats ate them . and so on :thumb2

4 x twin-bedded/double rooms, all with balcony to the south side and view of the Matterhorn, private bath and toilet, hair-dryer, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, radio and minibar. CHF 180 for two people and CHF 118 for one person.

I'll have one of these rooms please and bandito will probably share. :thumb2

ill share with someone in a twin in the cheaper hotel....

although the grand is a lovely hotel, takesa about 5-10 mins walk from the train station.
Magnum said:
We offer a complimentary transfer from the train station to the hotel by arrival and departure with our electro car or horse drawn carriage.

Should have said the Hotel Alfa offer the electric car service at CHF 2.50 each :)

Charleyfarly's asked me to ask you to reserve either a single or shared twin in the cow shed, please.

He's away from home at the mo.

Ta muchly.

Option 1 - Hotel Alfa

Hotel Alfa is a family run 2 star hotel close to the centre of Zermatt. It is well rated by Google - 4 stars and is about as inexpensive as Zermatt gets.

They have 11 rooms and all prices are for 1 night including large buffet breakfast, service charges, all taxes, free use of a laptop and wireless LAN.

4 x twin-bedded/double rooms, all with balcony to the south side and view of the Matterhorn, private bath and toilet, hair-dryer, direct-dial telephone, cable TV, radio and minibar. CHF 180 for two people and CHF 118 for one person

I'll take one of these rooms as a single pls - Cheers Dom

Back
Top Bottom