Is the forecast putting people off ?

forry

Reaction score
Seems to be alot of people giving up their rooms at the hotel :confused:

It's only a bit of rain :blast

I'm bring my gs in my van :blush

That'll be an impressive feat, the canal is a good few feet above the town.

Whooooosh ! :confused: :nenau

I'm riding from South Wales to get to Llangollen,the road ride will,in all probability head South for part of the day if previous routes are anything to go by,rather than cover the same or similar ground 3 days on the trot I'm staying put in Llangollen all day Saturday and intend to do the tourist thing and see the surroundings at a sedate pace by canal boat,it should be different!

Last edited:
Whooooosh ! :confused: :nenau

I'm riding from South Wales to get to Llangollen,the road ride will,in all probability head South for part of the day if previous routes are anything to go by,rather than cover the same or similar ground 3 days on the trot I'm staying put in Llangollen all day Saturday and intend to do the tourist thing and see the surroundings at a sedate pace by canal boat,it should be different!

When you get to the canal turn right, then right again, follow your nose for a while, turn left at the river, then right at the next canal, keep on for a while you'll come across me on my boat, i'll put the kettle on:thumb2

Hint, comfy shoes and a sandwich pack might be handy:thumb2

Shep

If your decision to do something or go anywhere hinged on only getting a good weather forcecast,you`d do feck all and go nowhere.

Rain or shine we are still going, lookin forward to it. Dont think the forcast is set to be that bad anyway, it will be what it will be, be good to get away whatever the weather and we are in a hotel after all :D

If your decision to do something or go anywhere hinged on only getting a good weather forcecast,you`d do feck all and go nowhere.

I too have come to realise that having recently moved to England. I look on the bright side, I don't have to wash my bike prior to leaving....:rolleyes:

It is affecting my decision on which bike to bring :(

I really want to do the trails on my X-Challenge, but the lack of any luggage means I will have to travel there (about 3.5 hours) in my off road gear which is not waterproof or warm. If it is pishing down I will either have to bring the big bike or try to carry everything I need on the little one. A test packing session tonight will make my decision.

I really want to do the trails on my X-Challenge, but the lack of any luggage means I will have to travel there (about 3.5 hours) in my off road gear which is not waterproof or warm. If it is pishing down I will either have to bring the big bike or try to carry everything I need on the little one. A test packing session tonight will make my decision.

Post your off road kit in a box to the hotel:nenau

Why not buy and take a stowable waterproof suit like an Aquapak or similar???

Even if it`s not raining it`ll help keep you warm if in off road gear.

Most fold up into a pouch with a carrybelt. :thumb2

Doesnt the Hotel have a roof !! :eek:

Just, plus wallpaper hanging off the walls and a 2hrs wait for saturday night meal.
Bar full of pensioners so the drinking usually takes place in the carpark bring a brolly :D

Post your off road kit in a box to the hotel:nenau

You are indeed a wise...........man. I like that idea!!

Why not buy and take a stowable waterproof suit like an Aquapak or similar???

Even if it`s not raining it`ll help keep you warm if in off road gear.

Most fold up into a pouch with a carrybelt. :thumb2

Yep - that is also a consideration. I already have one but dont think it will be big enough to go over the body armour etc. Will try tonight.

I do really want to bring the XC because I have been picking up bits and pieces to make it more of a long distance tool recently and want to try them out.

You are indeed a wise...........man. I like that idea!!

Yep - that is also a consideration. I already have one but dont think it will be big enough to go over the body armour etc. Will try tonight.

I do really want to bring the XC because I have been picking up bits and pieces to make it more of a long distance tool recently and want to try them out.

Bring the XC..................your skin is totally waterproof:augie

I'm thinking about a van as well, right now!

It's tipping down here, and the forecast seems to suggest it might stop by Tuesday. I don't mind riding in the wet, but it's far from a pleasure, and heavy rain all the way there and back is not something I'm that fussed about doing.

Anyone want a single room at the Hand? :hide

Back
Top Bottom