Ignore the fecking weather forecasts and get yer arses on yer bikes

Tarka

Reaction score
WTF is going on here????????

Stop pissing about looking at and worrying about the fecking weather forecasts fer chrissake.

I can understand if someone`s got a shiny toy (like I did..and have) which they don`t want covered in mud and cow shit...but in that case surely they must have another 2nd best bike to ride....and there`s not much evidence on this site of pampered bikes and super shiny polished alloy anyway. :augie

The nation has a near annual average of 200 rainy days so there`s always at least a chance of rain.
And so what if it does rain???

Don`t you have waterproof clothing??

Have you forgotten the extra satisfaction of battling inclement weather then arriving at a destination,getting showered and changed,then regaling those around you about your fearless onslaught against Mother Nature as you relax,quaffing your favourite brew ?? :rolleyes: ;)

To those with cars...leave the boring bastard thing at home.
What`s the point in having a bike then leaving it at home and driving a fecking car to a MOTORBIKE group meeting??
Not just any old bike either....a supposed ruffty tuffty go anywhere go anywhen globe busting tarmac munching do everything multipurpose adventure bike..........which you`re proposing leaving at home because it might be a rainy weekend.

C`mon you lot.....get a grip....and get those fecking bikes packed and ready.

See ya at the bar in the Hand ....once you`ve dried out,of course.

I shall be in the car if i still have my bad back friday. I have been taking the pain killers and it feels fine now.I hope to be on the bike friday no camping i have got a hotel room ive been looking foward to it all year.

Arriving by car me .......... I'm trailering my bike :p

I must be getting too old for this biking malarkey :rob

:D

edit: 2 replies and both of us are coming by car to a bike meet

:jes

He's a little ray of sunshine isn't he :augie

Billy Connolly: There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

Shawshank Redemption: You get busy living or you get busy dying.

Personally, I can't wait to get out & get dirty in the Welsh countryside again. :thumb2

Timpos1.jpg

Just been through Llangollen, on my bike, the campsite is still there, Wow those ducks know how to have fun:augie All prepared for the road ride Tarka :thumb2

Stewart

You know what? I cant believe folk are deciding to leave the bikes at home because it may rain.....

How many events like this in a year?

So you may get wet.... so what :confused: Still be a great weekend... especially if you've not got to put a tent up :aidan

You know what? I cant believe folk are deciding to leave the bikes at home because it may rain.....

So you may get wet.... so what :confused: Still be a great weekend... especially if you've not got to put a tent up :aidan

it'll be a great weekend because I've got to put a tent up!
Well tarp anyway.
I'm in a burger king in Llansomthingorother and today I started out in Halifax dropped of a tank bag in Sheffield yhen picked up two water carriers in Llangollen ( ish)
And I'm on my way to Caerphilly, tomorrow the brecons, then Friday Llangollen. Awesome ride amazing scenary, weather doesn't bother me really, it's not as bad as it was ony avatar!
:)

If you don't want to be shown up by several 1200 riders, you better be on your bikes.
Just lashed the tent, chair and bedroll to the bike as I'll be a tad busy tomorrow night.

By the way: It's feckin' glorious here despite the forecast.

:thumb2

Ditto :thumb2

Weather was ok ish this morning in Chirk & Ruabon (closet I can drive my train to Llangollen without a serious f**k up). Sunshine & clouds at 8:30am, drizzle & overcast by 11:30. I'll be there on the bike & in the campsite with my £14.99 ebay special tent :augie:eek: Missus said what do I want another tent for, obviously she thinks BMWs have more luggage space than they do as the other tent is a 6 man huge bastardo affair.
Will be passing through Chirk & Ruabon again tomorrow morning (at about 5:50am), so will do another weather scan then.:D

Anyway back to figuring out where to put all my gear on the 1150 , first timer on a bike camping type thing. Normally used to get the cage driver to take my tent when we went on jaunts. Really looking forward to it now.:thumb2

So, who's going in their van because it's going to rain, come hold your guilty hands up?

Lets see these wimps :rob

Well I'm Bolloxed :(
Not going to be able to attend now :tears:tears
Chap wants his Trike delivered Saturday and being as final; payment is not made until delivery it has to go this weekend...
OR cashflow [ as in most small businesses these days ] could be a problem...
A Deauville is on the Bench as I type and 1 more in the "thinking about it" stage, This time last year, 2 on bench and 3 in workshop waiting to be triked ....
What a difference a year makes :(:(

So you will not be seeing Me :rolleyes:or more importantly my BAR at llangollywog :(

I've broke the news to Geriatric Germ and he is inconsolable as he's run out of Cider :tears:eh:thedummy:forry:tears

So, who's going in their van because it's going to rain, come hold your guilty hands up?

Lets see these wimps :rob

I'm a wimp, I'm a wimp!!

If its peeing it down I ain't riding.....:(

If it's dry then I will be.....:)

Ask me if I care or am bothered!!......:D

Well I'm Bolloxed :(
Not going to be able to attend now :tears:tears
Chap wants his Trike delivered Saturday and being as final; payment is not made until delivery it has to go this weekend...
OR cashflow [ as in most small businesses these days ] could be a problem...
A Deauville is on the Bench as I type and 1 more in the "thinking about it" stage, This time last year, 2 on bench and 3 in workshop waiting to be triked ....
What a difference a year makes :(:(

So you will not be seeing Me :rolleyes:or more importantly my BAR at llangollywog :(

I've broke the news to Geriatric Germ and he is inconsolable as he's run out of Cider :tears:eh:thedummy:forry:tears

Bugger... can't you get up there after the deal's sorted ;)

Back
Top Bottom