whiny whiny........not good..stand up and take responsibility mate

i would like to know why no hi viz as well please and i aint a dumb canuck:toungincheek

No Hi-Vis allowed but if you want to look a complete .i. in urban camo, partucularly of the arctic styling along with your non-Approved lid with iridium visor (especially depicting scary monsters) well come on in you are clearly someone with distinct taste and no mistake :augie

I guess this is the perferred look. :D:D:D:D

will that be different to the ride where we put all the lights on, on the bike....:nenau

Could be a joint effort...... no chance of any 'sorry mate I didn't see you' moments :D

Anyway... isn't it time you got on your bike? :rob

So are you saying I wouldn't have been welcome? :nenau

316491.JPG

back to my youth

can we link the pub crawl and the no lights ride out together,
should keep the emergency services busy:augie

Now, NO fisty cuffs in Llangollen :rob or we could end up like Australia...read on....:eek:

With the recent spate of bikie gang related violence in SA and NSW, our state government has seen fit to pass some laws which basically gives the local boys in blue the power to treat bikies/ers like terror suspects if they suspect a biker to have any criminal intent or association with known outlaw gangs.

They can come and search your premises without a warrant, they can come and lock you up indefinately without reason and worse of all, the basic human rights in the westminster based law that you're innocent until proven guilty does not apply.

In a court of law, police do not have to devulge appropriate evidence, it's purely the cops word vs yours. Their statement is taken as evidence... Aparently that has to do with the undercover nature of their 'investigations' and that they don't have to reveal their operations to the public. These new laws have been dubbed the worlds toughest anti biker laws.

When all these laws came in I figured I would be immune to them as I don't hang around anyone in an outlaw bikie gang or do I ride a HD or cruiser look-a-like. But aparently the police are keeping a very close eye on all groups of motorcyclists, including the Ulyses clubs and other brand specific type clubs like the Z-owners, ducati owners club etc.... even my old club, the Flinder Tourers M/cycle assocation are under a very watchful eye.

Anyway... all this became my problem when the other week I went grocery shopping and had the trailer on the back. After I finished I went down the river front and sat looking at the stars and made a few phone calls to some old mates. A cop car drives past slowly, then chucks a u-turn and parks in a carpark across the road. Now I live in a little town (6,000- people) and it's pretty quiet at 9pm! I sat there for over an hour while the cops just sat there watching me making some calls and just sitting around. I figured they weren't going to go, so I just saddled up and slowly rode off down the road. Sure enough I get a couple hundred metres up the road and the cops pull out and follow me all the way home!

Since then I've had cops drive past my house slowly every couple of days, I've been followed numerous times to see where I've been going. I havn't been directly approached, but certainly watched.

Anyway, after talking to my brother I found out why. My older brother has never really found his way in this world as a normal contributing citizen. Spent a number of years in and out of the slammer etc... anyway, he's been a good boy for the past 10 years or so but recently he thought he'd try and make a few dollars and grow some happy plants. Anyway a mate of his dobbed him in and now he's been done for it. Has to go to court soon etc... so now that the local plod know that my brother is a grower/dealer, they automatically suspect that I'm in with it too as I have a connection!

So I guess all I have to do now is rub a copper up the wrong way and p**s him/her off enough and they can fabricate whatever story they want against me and then you won't see me around for a while!

So now with this latest load of cr@p with these bikie laws has really turned the public against motorcyclists. I'm starting to notice people won't walk past me when on the bike now in car parks etc... they actually go right out of their way so they don't have to cross my path! Today after work I grabbed an iced coffee and went down to the local sporting park for a break before going home and a mum with her kids was about to walk down the track leading past where I was and all the sudden the mum yells out to her kids up front, to come back and go another way around and one of the kids yelled 'why mum' to which she replied 'I've changed my mind'!
When I went to ride off, I purposed rode past this mum and her kids... nice and slow as not to spook them, the kids waved at me to which I smiled and waved back, the mum though wouldn't make eye contact!

It will be interesting to see the publics response to this years toy runs!

well if the paranoia exhibited last year with the banning of two motorcycle shows here in Wales, and mister brainstorms troopers having a zero tolerance policy in operation we may well come under scrutiny at some point this weekend. I personally have covered several thousand miles here without incident but I am aware of others who have not had the same experience.
Current covert vehicles with cameras mounted are Land Rover with Ivor Williams horsebox, Red 1200 GS, campervan, silver Volvo estates and certain black sportsbikes.
Stewart

Sort it out please!

This is a bit thin now guys. Tarka's a good guy. So is Fanny. Now if there's more to it, take it off line please.

Stupid banning HiVis imo and a bit out of order with the pic post so both a bit offside.

There's been a couple of threads like this recently and I'm not sure we need them. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Have fun in N Wales. Just got back from a week in the hills myself.

:beerjug:

well if the paranoia exhibited last year with the banning of two motorcycle shows here in Wales, and mister brainstorms troopers having a zero tolerance policy in operation we may well come under scrutiny at some point this weekend. I personally have covered several thousand miles here without incident but I am aware of others who have not had the same experience.
Current covert vehicles with cameras mounted are Land Rover with Ivor Williams horsebox, Red 1200 GS, campervan, silver Volvo estates and certain black sportsbikes.
Stewart

Those are two black Honda Blackbirds :mad:

Back
Top Bottom