Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: If you fancy a night off camping?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    311

    Arrow If you fancy a night off camping?

    Here’s an outline of the accommodation I’ve manage to organise for L'Escargot ( Charlie/Ruth) and I.
    I hope some of the following information is of use to some of you.

    Not all places are next door to the campsites and not all of the hotels may have vacancies.
    However, if you are looking for a few nights away from the tent, you may be interested in contacting the below and seeing what they can offer.

    I have no idea whethe rthe accomodation is good, bad or awfull - so if you book up and your stay is cr@p, don't come crying to me

    Where possible, I plan to ride with the group and catch up and drink some beers in the evening.


    1st Night (10th) - Mainz Ibis – everyone is sorted

    2nd night (11th) – Staying in Garmisch as can not locate accommodation in Mittenwald:
    Hotel Trifthof
    Vera Hergel, Triftstrasse 4, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
    Tel.: 08821/57064, Fax: 08821/79662, Mail: info@hotel-trifthof.de
    http://www.hotel-trifthof.de

    3rd night (12th) – Trieste (Sistiana) - To Be Confirmed – Trying to stay near camp site, but not too much accommodation in Sistiana.
    The campsite does offer cabin/mobile home accommodation though – this could be suitable.

    4th & 5th night (13th & 14th) – Split – Staying relatively close to the campers - Villa Plazibat, Ivankova 28, Stobreč.http://www.accommodation-split.net/node/75

    6th night (15th) – Zagreb – staying in the accommodation that on the website looks linked to the campsite:
    Motel Plitvice Zagreb, Lučko | 10090 Zagreb, Croatia
    tel: (+385 1) 6530 444 fax: (+385 1) 6530 445
    web: www.motel-plitvice.hr e-mail: motel@motel-plitvice.hr

    7th night (16th) – Staying in Vienna City Centre –– and after all as I’m not in Vienna everyday, the city option looks like a good one. Couldn’t find any accommodation next to the campsite
    The campsite Wein Camping west has basic accommodation if anyone is interested.

    8th night (17th) – Prague – Poshing it up with Bryn and his buddy’s- Not many rooms left, so anyone interested would need to be quick:
    HOTEL SEVEN DAYS - Adress: Žitná 46/572 - 120 00 - Praha 2 - Czech Republic Tel.: +420 222 923 111, Fax +420 222 923 222, GSM +420 777 266 010, e-mail: info@hotelsevendays.com, www.hotelsevendays.com

    9th night (18th) – Managed to find accommodation in Colditz – Can’t really recommend anything here – campsite could be the best option.

    10th night (19th) - Mainz Ibis – everyone is sorted

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Axford, Hampshire, England
    Posts
    570
    Stevo, Thanks for the post. I found the temptation of staying in the wonderful hotel in Prague irresistible and have booked in. Hope this is OK with my Camping mates and I understand I may have to cover the deposit on the campsite that night.

    I notice you have not mentioned where you are staying in Vienna. I have to say when visiting a large city I fancy the idea of being in the centre. So if there were room I may be tempted with going AWOL from camping again......

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Settle, North Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumacoon Lad. View Post
    Stevo, Thanks for the post. I found the temptation of staying in the wonderful hotel in Prague irresistible and have booked in. Hope this is OK with my Camping mates and I understand I may have to cover the deposit on the campsite that night.

    I notice you have not mentioned where you are staying in Vienna. I have to say when visiting a large city I fancy the idea of being in the centre. So if there were room I may be tempted with going AWOL from camping again......
    Most of the sites do not require deposits or even a firm booking - they have lots of available space. So if anyone wants to take the hotel option at any time it wont be a problem or a double expense.
    Just by coincidence the villa plazibat confirmed yesterday they had at least 5 single rooms available for the two nights in Split.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumacoon Lad. View Post

    I notice you have not mentioned where you are staying in Vienna. I have to say when visiting a large city I fancy the idea of being in the centre. So if there were room I may be tempted with going AWOL from camping again......
    Hi Drumacoon, Vienna is the only night i'd like to keep exclusive as opposed to inclusive, as it's my wedding anniversary - i'm sure you all get the picture

    FYI Amateur Boxerman (Charlie) is also booked into a city hotel, where it's easy to walk out to check out the sights ect,ect. i'm sure he'll be along at some stage to pass on the details - or send him a pm.

    ATB, Steve

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Axford, Hampshire, England
    Posts
    570
    Stevo, fully understand, this is a night you do not want company.

    I'll have a further think about Vienna for the moment, and leave the arrangements as they are for now.

    For anyone else interested in the Prague Hotel. Booking was easy and they only took a small deposit, with cancellation possible up to 24 hour before arrival.

    For the campers, I'll leave the Mainz Campsite arrangements as they stand, where we are pencilled in for both sites Mainz-Laubenheim and City Centre. We can commit to one site once the rest of the arrangements become clear.

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leicester,England
    Posts
    216

    Vienna Hotel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumacoon Lad. View Post
    Stevo, Thanks for the post. I found the temptation of staying in the wonderful hotel in Prague irresistible and have booked in. Hope this is OK with my Camping mates and I understand I may have to cover the deposit on the campsite that night.

    I notice you have not mentioned where you are staying in Vienna. I have to say when visiting a large city I fancy the idea of being in the centre. So if there were room I may be tempted with going AWOL from camping again......
    In case youre interested I've booked a double room at the Hotel Congress,Wiedner Gurtel 34,Vienna,1040,Austria.
    Cost was 55 Euros (advanced Purchase ) Non refundable.
    Not bad eh ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurboxerman View Post
    In case youre interested I've booked a double room at the Hotel Congress,Wiedner Gurtel 34,Vienna,1040,Austria.
    Cost was 55 Euros (advanced Purchase ) Non refundable.
    Not bad eh ?
    so that comes in at a couple of euros each......bloody good value that and a soft pillow to go with it. Can you ask them to lightly butter my toast for brekky in the morning....cheers



    gordo'

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leicester,England
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo' View Post
    so that comes in at a couple of euros each......bloody good value that and a soft pillow to go with it. Can you ask them to lightly butter my toast for brekky in the morning....cheers



    gordo'
    You want Jam on it you do !!!!!!!!!!

    Charlie.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Bucks
    Posts
    98

    Other accomodation possibilities

    I told my daughter that I'm now camping on this trip due to the lack of suitable accommodation at many of our stops.

    She's a seasoned world traveller, however she likes home comforts when selecting places to stay. (BTW she says 'Croatia Rocks'). Her suggestion is to look at the following site:

    http://www.hostelbookers.com/results...tPropertyID=-1

    This example is for Croatia but they offer locations throughout the world.

    Although advertised as a hostel site, there are loads of private self contained apartments that look very nice and cost about €30 Euro per night. Hostel type accommodation often offers private dorms for say 3 people with own bathroom and air conditioning. Apparently you're also likely to get a good English breakfast at very reasonable prices too.

    May be worth thinking about for future trips or a night off camping in a town centre, however may not solve the keeping the group together brief.

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leicester,England
    Posts
    216

    Click here to find out how to remove these ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Down View Post
    I told my daughter that I'm now camping on this trip due to the lack of suitable accommodation at many of our stops.

    She's a seasoned world traveller, however she likes home comforts when selecting places to stay. (BTW she says 'Croatia Rocks'). Her suggestion is to look at the following site:

    http://www.hostelbookers.com/results...tPropertyID=-1

    This example is for Croatia but they offer locations throughout the world.

    Although advertised as a hostel site, there are loads of private self contained apartments that look very nice and cost about €30 Euro per night. Hostel type accommodation often offers private dorms for say 3 people with own bathroom and air conditioning. Apparently you're also likely to get a good English breakfast at very reasonable prices too.

    May be worth thinking about for future trips or a night off camping in a town centre, however may not solve the keeping the group together brief.

    Cheers

    Also try www.clicksplit.com they have loadsaplaces.

    Charlie. (formerly Amateurboxerman ! )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"