Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to everyone

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Big thanks for another great event

Got there late on Friday night , nobody in the bar by the time i'd sorted a room as everybody was out round the town enjoying themselves , just a load of oldies and that organist accompanying the karoake in the hotel

I managed to find some of the off road posse in a pub 50yrds away and then around midnight everybodyelse seemed to turn up back at the hotel for a few drinks so it was good to meet up with some freindly faces once again

Had a fantastic , if slightly painful , day out on the lanes thanks to Spout & Gaz . Even the weather was kind with just the occasional heavy shower and a stiff breeze.

Back to the bar for a swift couple with the 'medium' posse before heading off home . Only got a pass out for one night

Great to meet up with everyone and nice to meet you Neil (Wibbo ) from Australia who is part way through his 'most of the world' tour.
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Quote Originally Posted by H.R.H. OONYACK View Post
    Chip a nail

Only jokin hope yir ok
    Nope, bashed his leg .......ouch

As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post

3 hrs in Casulty this morning

My lower leg has ballooned since Sat pm and the blistered red bit has broken out into a massive laceration, which they have opened up and treated with an iodine dressing

XRay revealed no break

But 3 days with elevated leg and if no better a MRI scan to check for ligament damage/blood clots

It bloody hurts

Cheers to Bryn for his painkillers and everyones offers of help and not least Jaq for her proffessional help
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent)
    Crikey JB hope that heals quick, how do you manage to get home with no foot for the accelerator pedal

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post

My lower leg has ballooned since Sat pm and the blistered red bit has broken out into a massive laceration, which they have opened up and treated with an iodine dressing

XRay revealed no break

But 3 days with elevated leg and if no better a MRI scan to check for ligament damage/blood clots

It bloody hurts

Cheers to Bryn for his painkillers and everyones offers of help and not least Jaq for her proffessional help
    Hope it heals soon Johnny

A great big thanks to all the organisers and Tina for leading the EASY offroad ride. It was a blast.
    We should learn from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. [/I]

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by petcul View Post
    Hope it heals soon Johnny

A great big thanks to all the organisers and Tina for leading the EASY offroad ride. It was a blast.
    ...and thank you Peter for the gourmet bacon sandwiches

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Crikey JB hope that heals quick, how do you manage to get home with no foot for the accelerator pedal
    Block of wood
    JohnnyBoxer

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    you got enough trouble staying upright on sunny days.
    let alone riding all w/end in monsoon's

why you.......

... i cant find anymore suitable smilies - you'll just have to imagine me gesticulating in your general direction.

appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogmios View Post
    why you.......

... i cant find anymore suitable smilies - you'll just have to imagine me gesticulating in your general direction.

gesticulating
    you want to get some cream for that.
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thank from us to Paul and all involved another great weekend. Thanks also to Tina, Forrey and Possu.

Hats off too to Denise, very well done you (Good luck with your test, and don't be affraid to take it on the bigger bike).

As usual, good to see every body, meeting new members and cathing up with others.

Val & Jill
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Thanks to all the organisers for what was a great weekend

Special thanks to skygod for the ride across on fri including a bit of trail riding along the way

Had a fun time up on the campsite, shared many beers with colt and his gang, Ghostcav and worky ticket (aka BM Gryills!) to name a few.

Thanks to Timpo for leading a brilliant ride around the trails on sat

Left on sun with worky ticket before the rain came , big breakfast at the ponderosa then hit the road, split at the M6 / M62 junction after a multitude of hand signals in the middle lane, was getting bored of the motorway and decided to take the scenic route, carried on north and rode the salter fell trail and a few easy lanes in the dales on the way home.

Oooohh..... better get a blood transfusion from a gnat

Actually, I've caught my legs in the same place offroading several times and it is very painful. Pity it halted your day.

Looks like you all had a great weekend.
    AndyT
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

Don't follow me...I'm lost too Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post

XRay revealed no break

It bloody hurts

Get well soon...keep up with the painkillers....

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.....

Enjoy everything...regret nothing......

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Oooohh..... better get a blood transfusion from a gnat

Actually, I've caught my legs in the same place offroading several times and it is very painful. Pity it halted your day.

Looks like you all had a great weekend.
    AndyT
    Its a shite picture really so doesn't quite do it justice. It was a very strange wound because rather than being a 'puncture' it was like the inside of the leg was forcing itself outwards, and getting worse over time

Its a shite picture really so doesn't quite do it justice. It was a very strange wound because rather than being a 'puncture' it was like the inside of the leg was forcing itself outwards, and getting worse over time
    Thanks chaps

Yes the inside of my leg have found their way outside.....................with no original puncture wound

So they had to open it up, to release the pressure and crap

Swelling is going down no though.......................although the newly opened laceration is now the size of a packet of swan vestaseek
    JohnnyBoxer

thanks for a great weekend and a big thankyou to spout and gaz for leading and tailing the medium offroad ride. hope to see you all again next year. smiler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast