Rallye GS2 boots who's got em?

Cormick

Reaction score
Tried a pair of Rallye GS2 boots this weekend really liked em but they didn't have my size so they're ordering them in. Given that i haven't parted with any hard earned yet would like owners views on them good or bad, ta very much:)

I've got a pair, and I really like them. Feel very secure, to the extent that the Santiagos feel like they're little more than slippers when I put those on. But, you could say that about any more substantial off-road boot. They're not waterproof, but no problem - just wear sealskinz socks. Easy to put on, gets much faster with practice. So, all in all, they're now my boot of choice when riding the GS.

I like mine...

Only wore them the one week to UK for the Offroad course... and then three weeks down to Morocco and back...

But I like them, wish I did more offroad riding so I'd wear them more...

Al...

Great boots :thumb2

Just make sure you take your normal riding socks and have a good walk about in the showroom, so your sure they are the correct size.

:thumb2

Not waterproof and a bit of a bugger to put on at first but do get very easy and comfortable with age.

I found that I had to buy a much larger size (48) than I expected (46). Deffo do test them with riding socks before you buy.

Paul

the older they get the better they are - some good advice is to buy seal skins with them if you are going to be out in the elements - found this out the hard way after a few wet river crossings

I've a pair of Tech 6 and the GS2 is all I wear :thumb2

Not waterproof and a bit of a bugger to put on at first but do get very easy and comfortable with age.

I found that I had to buy a much larger size (48) than I expected (46). Deffo do test them with riding socks before you buy.

Paul

Picked them up tonight had me biking socks on (as advised), spent 30minutes setting them up right, walked about for 10 mins looking for a reason not to buy them (my own personal policy), :drool mmm too nice I’ll have em. Jump on bike and head off, all was well until I want second gear at which point I find my left foot is now effectively in a fecking cast :eek:, sod all movement, Look forward to them getting easier:thumb

Update on these boots, after I’d bought them they felt heavy and didn’t move much, I was uncertain whether to tour with them or not. I did so because I didn’t want to explain to the misses that those new boots were a waste of money:blast. Well I did 2600 miles last week and the boots were fantastic (to the point I rarely took them off!) after the first day they became far more flexible and comfortable and they go on real quick once you’re used to them. Had one fall trying to get up a Spanish cliff to a telephone mast (like you do) and was bloody glad I was wearing ‘em.:thumb2

So I take my negative comments back and thanks chaps for recommending them, I now love em and like ugly birds they look better when they're dirty!:thumb

Back
Top Bottom