BMW Servicing in East Midlands

uncle balders

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just about to purchase (hopefully) a R1100RT to add to the collection but not sure who the best person is to go to for servicing. I'm based in Leicester and Wollaston are tprobably the nearest dealer but I'm not big on main dealer servicing costs...any ideas...:beerjug:

try Phil Hawksley ... Don't know what bits you want doing ,but like many 'independents' he won't touch ABS...

He's from leicester and runs a couple of very informative websites. Here one :- here

He also does 'at home/work' servicing etc as well as resto' and the other stuff check him out
here

6 week waiting list to get a bike into Pidcocks at the moment. Busy time of year I was told.

6 week waiting list to get a bike into Pidcocks at the moment. Busy time of year I was told.

I'll say +1 for Wollastons. IMHO better service and I just hate pidcocks and refuse to step foot in there :augie

In Leicester then no question - Phil Hawkesley. he can do all the basic servicing on a RT - which will save you a packet. Though as has been said his forté is with the older airhead models.

Alternatively I use Jim. http://www.ifixyourbike.com/mobile-motorbike-services-about-us.php

he's fully mobile - will come to you. do whatever you want. cracks on with the job and his rates are pretty damn good compared to Pidcocks.

He can tackle any job that needs doing on the 11xx varients. from a simple service to a new clutch.

He does the jobs for me that I'm either not equipped to DIY or plain cant be bothered with. I cant praise this guy highly enough.

I have absolutely no reason or need to bother with Pidcocks. and so I don't. If your bike didn't come from them then you are not a priority - also compared to the independents their rates are extortionate.

Used Jim Hill from Nottingham to sort my RT out.

Great job, really reasonable prices and he collected and delivered.

He also sorted out a mates RS for very reasonable cost too.

Top bloke and highly recommended.

Those who recommend Pidcocks.. (1200 owners all)

just for the hell of it... ring them up and tell them you own an 1100 and see what the reaction is. :augie

I got my 1200 mk11 2009 from a honda dealer ( long story in my favour ) who reckon it's going to take three hours to do a 6000 mile service any thoughts:nenau

Just a question...................:nenau

Why are you selling a R1150RT to get (got) a R1100RT:D

Managed to convince my much better half that the extra cash would be a wiser investment (etc etc etc......ahem.....) and basically ended up with a 1150 over the 1100...but then I'm now looking to sell the RT for another GS...wanted to make sure the RT was sorted before selling on so went to Jim.

Those who recommend Pidcocks.. (1200 owners all)

just for the hell of it... ring them up and tell them you own an 1100 and see what the reaction is. :augie

they have serviced my 1150 twice no problems, very happy with them.

they have serviced my 1150 twice no problems, very happy with them.

I don't doubt it. In fact I fully expect the usual letter through my door in the next few weeks telling me that now they're quiet.. they want my money.

Just had my 1200 Adv 12000 mile biggy service and was expecting to get a £250+ bill but I will say Pidcocks came up trumps with there winter deal with 15% off everthing..with it just over£190 i was well pleased and a loan bike thrown in to run back with.(£5 worth of fuel added )
They were more than helpfull and in very good humour, so all I can say yet again is Pidcocks get 5 stars from me.

Thanks Dave and Keith. ( And sorry for the smelly Tyres):augie

Back
Top Bottom