Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 50

Thread: Food

  1. #33
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bideford, Devon
    Posts
    3,774
    Many thanks for all the recent replies. Proff and me are easy about it all but unfortunately the women folk want it all accounted for to the last baked bean .

    I guarantee that the food will be excellent and nobody will be left hungary.

    Less than one week to go now and we are all very excited. I'm away in Cornwall as we type but from Monday it will be full steam ahead for this event and it it will be a good one. Me and Proff will be going to the Farmers Market on Tuesday to get the best bacon & sausages that Devon farmers can supply.

    The Saturday night BBQ will be epic and all diets will be suspended.

    This is going to be an awesome event.

    ps Plenty of grass for the veggies.

  2. #34
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    11,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Many thanks for all the recent replies. Proff and me are easy about it all but unfortunately the women folk want it all accounted for to the last baked bean .

    I guarantee that the food will be excellent and nobody will be left hungary.

    Less than one week to go now and we are all very excited. I'm away in Cornwall as we type but from Monday it will be full steam ahead for this event and it it will be a good one. Me and Proff will be going to the Farmers Market on Tuesday to get the best bacon & sausages that Devon farmers can supply.

    The Saturday night BBQ will be epic and all diets will be suspended.

    This is going to be an awesome event.

    ps Plenty of grass for the veggies.

    Do you know, that has got me looking forward to the weekend more than ever. Good food just does it for me everytime

    Shame I'll miss the curry on Friday, but rock n roll stops for no man.

    Will bring the guitar for a saturday night jam if ya want

    Fat blokes bounce better

    "The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

    flipfly - Dec 2012

  3. #35
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bideford, Devon
    Posts
    3,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    Do you know, that has got me looking forward to the weekend more than ever. Good food just does it for me everytime

    Shame I'll miss the curry on Friday, but rock n roll stops for no man.

    Will bring the guitar for a saturday night jam if ya want

    I've got some music for the Sat night but anything else is welcome. I've dug out the Heartbeat " Sounds of the 60s" but Proff tells me anything else is too modern. I've even got some Glen Miller for the real old farts.

  4. #36
    25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bollox yer nosey gits
    Posts
    11,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    I've got some music for the Sat night but anything else is welcome. I've dug out the Heartbeat " Sounds of the 60s" but Proff tells me anything else is too modern. I've even got some Glen Miller for the real old farts.
    You on the POP down there in Fowey Sid ??
    I'm into Floyd, Sabbath, Cream, Roy Orbison, Cyndhi Lauper Iron Butterfly and good Ska and Blue beat etc



    Mind you a bit of Glenn Miller will go down OK as well


    See you in the AM @ Hymer corner

  5. #37
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Nr Cardiff
    Posts
    4,175
    Who's Glenn Miller?

  6. #38
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Loughborough
    Posts
    15,340
    I think he was a cowboy in a movie with Rainman. Something about a nine stone cowboy

  7. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    We have just spent ages collating all the information from those that have replied.

    Barbara and Ann have calculated the portion sizes per person and worked out total number of sausages, bits of bacon, number of baked beans, tins of tomatos, slices of bread etc etc. More organisation is going into this than the 2012 Olympics.

    The following people have NOT posted their requirements:

    Abrasion
    Airhead
    Bubbles
    Devon
    Jaber
    Juststan
    Lurcher
    Pastyman
    Rob Farmer

    We've assumed that all the above will be up for everything so have allowed for that in our calculations. Better to have too much than not enough. If there are any changes we will cope OK.

    Only two veggies noted but we will make plenty of veggie curry as some of the normal people might want to eat it as well.
    Sorry for the delay put I down for curry and 2 brekkies

    love and kisses on the bottom

    Steve

  8. #40

  9. #41
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Didcot, South Oxfordshire
    Posts
    20
    Option 3 & 4 please

  10. #42
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Shropshire england
    Posts
    7,813

    May i bring another

    Suree, my better half and super chef is talking about coming, would that be ok with you guys. She's claiming the kitchen can run itself at the restaurant so only one way to find out
    I'D Rather be a live hasbeen than a dead Wanabee....

  11. #43
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Godalming, England
    Posts
    306

    Music

    I think that for a couple of hours, Proff should try some 'modern' music as its the best show of the week and would be a good education, but mostly its a good theme for the event - Pete Tong, 19:00 Friday 'Welcome to the Weekend' !!!!

  12. #44
    25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bollox yer nosey gits
    Posts
    11,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    I think that for a couple of hours, Proff should try some 'modern' music as its the best show of the week and would be a good education, but mostly its a good theme for the event - Pete Tong, 19:00 Friday 'Welcome to the Weekend' !!!!
    Cheeky barsteward, Today I have been mainly listening to >>
    Fleet Foxes
    Lily Allen [dirty coo ]
    Cyndi Lauper.
    Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn.
    Duffy Rockferry.

    I think I'm "Hep" enough for an old geezer

  13. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Reading, England
    Posts
    701
    I have been listening to madeleine peyroux (sp) U2, and Kings of Leon..

  14. #46
    Oggyr80
    Guest

    bumber clat

    Sorry only just found this thread, still trying to make sense of the sight. Put me down for 1-3 if it's not too late. What time does grub start tomorrow will 8.30/9 be too late?

  15. #47
    Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Posts
    10,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggyr80 View Post
    Sorry only just found this thread, still trying to make sense of the sight. Put me down for 1-3 if it's not too late. What time does grub start tomorrow will 8.30/9 be too late?
    So you bought it then
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

  16. #48
    25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bollox yer nosey gits
    Posts
    11,434

    Click here to find out how to remove these ads

    No Probs Oggy, we've enough to feed the 5000 !!!
    without loaves and fishes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"