Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 84

Thread: What Time Are You Planning On Rollin' In?

  1. #33
    Uinneag
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern jock View Post
    Maybe have a pub and a time set? 4PM somewhere? couple of cold ones? Especially if it's somewhere overlooking the road into town so we can salute the arrivers

    Good idea


  2. #34
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    453

    .

    I reckon about mid afternoon, should be getting off the ferry in Cairnryan thurs afternoon and the a nice steady ride up stopping off on the way for thurs night.
    Cheers for now all!
    Kev and Mide

  3. #35
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Oxfordshire
    Posts
    53

    ETA Ullapool

    Estimate time of arrival 1600hrs Friday, staying at the Oakwood on route for the Thursday night.
    Gimlet.

  4. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    isle of skye
    Posts
    714
    If ah decide tae bring this, ah'll probarbly be there fur Sunday night
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #37
    * * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    10,506
    I'm gonna ride like a mad hoor and be there early'ish.....
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

  6. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    11,268
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield View Post
    I'm gonna ride like a mad hoor and be there early'ish.....
    So you're not meeting up with us then you old tart

  7. #39
    * * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    10,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    So you're not meeting up with us then you old tart


    of course I am.....I wanted to see if I could provoke some fear but not with you obviously.....
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

  8. #40
    Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    8,288
    Originally thought that I'd get there early to mid afternoon but then thought again and decided that I'd take the scenic route:-


    If I get held up behind too many tin slugs I can always cut out the Poolewe loop. With an early start I'll probably be in late afternoon. To which pub should I return Johhnie's salute?

    I'm really looking forward to this GOTC.

    Edit: Link removed as it's making the entire thread unreadable

    Ronno
    Last edited by Deleted account rno; 02-06-09 at 16:49. Reason: making the thread unreadable
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

  9. #41
    Deleted account rno
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Originally thought that I'd get there early to mid afternoon but then thought again and decided that I'd take the scenic route:-


    If I get held up behind too many tin slugs I can always cut out the Poolewe loop. With an early start I'll probably be in late afternoon. To which pub should I return Johhnie's salute?

    I'm really looking forward to this GOTC.
    Your multimap link is a' skew whiff

  10. #42
    Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lleyn Penninsular
    Posts
    12,554
    Well, if I leave on Friday AM i'll get up there late, I would think probably 6 or7.00

    I'm gonna try and get some miles in on Thursday evening and try and find some digs in the Penrith area perhaps, that will be 4-5hrs closer and give me an easy day on Friday, though knowing me if I leave on Thursday night i'll just keep going and end up in Ullapool early friday morning and get a kip in a deckchair on the beach

    Looking forward to it

    Shep

  11. #43
    Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Your multimap link is a' skew whiff
    Works for me, works and home computers, but then I'm a bit twisted
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

  12. #44
    Deleted account rno
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Works for me, works and home computers, but then I'm a bit twisted
    Doesn't work on my home or works PC

  13. #45
    Deleted account W
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Doesn't work on my home or works PC
    Worked for me, this is what it came up with. It needs deleting and making into a link though, it's making this page about two foot wide

  14. #46
    Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    8,288
    Ah well I'm too late to edit it out now.

    Leave Glasgow, head north over Erskine Bridge, west side of Loch Lomond, Crianlarich(sp?) Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, A82 to Invergary, A87 to Auchtertyre, A890 to Ledgowan, A832 to Poolewe and onwards to the A835 if time permits other wise continue direct to Gorston, turn left to Ullapool on A835.

    How long would the Poolewe loop take? It's new roads for me but looks like about 75 miles so maybe two hours or more with caravans and some single track.

    I've fully prepared the bike, that means I've freed off the caliper pistons and fitted new tyres so full performance available.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

  15. #47
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Radcliffe, Bury
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Ah well I'm too late to edit it out now.

    Leave Glasgow, head north over Erskine Bridge, west side of Loch Lomond, Crianlarich(sp?) Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, A82 to Invergary, A87 to Auchtertyre, A890 to Ledgowan, A832 to Poolewe and onwards to the A835 if time permits other wise continue direct to Gorston, turn left to Ullapool on A835.

    How long would the Poolewe loop take? It's new roads for me but looks like about 75 miles so maybe two hours or more with caravans and some single track.

    I've fully prepared the bike, that means I've freed off the caliper pistons and fitted new tyres so full performance available.
    Depends on stops but as a rough guide at a fast-ish pace-Achnasheen to Gairloch 30-35 minutes, Gairloch to Ullapool 50-55 minutes. The remaining single track road is the last 3-4 miles before Gairloch. Not too much problem with overtaking caravans/campervans etc but watch out for sheep and occasional goat after Gairloch!! It's a great run and well worth it.

    Ian

  16. #48
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Andover Hampshire, Real ENGLAND
    Posts
    16,860
    Love to come along but off to see Old Ma Hegatty
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"