Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Time Are You Planning On Rollin' In?

Uinneag
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern jock View Post
    Maybe have a pub and a time set? 4PM somewhere? couple of cold ones? Especially if it's somewhere overlooking the road into town so we can salute the arrivers

Good idea

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

I reckon about mid afternoon, should be getting off the ferry in Cairnryan thurs afternoon and the a nice steady ride up stopping off on the way for thurs night.
    Cheers for now all!
    Kev and Mide

ETA Ullapool

Estimate time of arrival 1600hrs Friday, staying at the Oakwood on route for the Thursday night.
    Gimlet.

If ah decide tae bring this, ah'll probarbly be there fur Sunday night
    Attached Images Attached Images  

* * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm gonna ride like a mad hoor and be there early'ish.....
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

Quote Originally Posted by garfield View Post
    I'm gonna ride like a mad hoor and be there early'ish.....
    So you're not meeting up with us then you old tart

* * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    So you're not meeting up with us then you old tart

of course I am.....I wanted to see if I could provoke some fear but not with you obviously.....
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Originally thought that I'd get there early to mid afternoon but then thought again and decided that I'd take the scenic route:-

If I get held up behind too many tin slugs I can always cut out the Poolewe loop. With an early start I'll probably be in late afternoon. To which pub should I return Johhnie's salute?

I'm really looking forward to this GOTC.

Edit: Link removed as it's making the entire thread unreadable

Ronno
    Last edited by Deleted account rno; 02-06-09 at 16:49. Reason: making the thread unreadable
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Originally thought that I'd get there early to mid afternoon but then thought again and decided that I'd take the scenic route:-

If I get held up behind too many tin slugs I can always cut out the Poolewe loop. With an early start I'll probably be in late afternoon. To which pub should I return Johhnie's salute?

I'm really looking forward to this GOTC.
    Your multimap link is a' skew whiff

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Well, if I leave on Friday AM i'll get up there late, I would think probably 6 or7.00

I'm gonna try and get some miles in on Thursday evening and try and find some digs in the Penrith area perhaps, that will be 4-5hrs closer and give me an easy day on Friday, though knowing me if I leave on Thursday night i'll just keep going and end up in Ullapool early friday morning and get a kip in a deckchair on the beach

Looking forward to it

Shep

Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Your multimap link is a' skew whiff
    Works for me, works and home computers, but then I'm a bit twisted
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Deleted account rno
    Works for me, works and home computers, but then I'm a bit twisted
    Doesn't work on my home or works PC

Deleted account W
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Doesn't work on my home or works PC
    Worked for me, this is what it came up with. It needs deleting and making into a link though, it's making this page about two foot wide

Ah well I'm too late to edit it out now.

Leave Glasgow, head north over Erskine Bridge, west side of Loch Lomond, Crianlarich(sp?) Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, A82 to Invergary, A87 to Auchtertyre, A890 to Ledgowan, A832 to Poolewe and onwards to the A835 if time permits other wise continue direct to Gorston, turn left to Ullapool on A835.

How long would the Poolewe loop take? It's new roads for me but looks like about 75 miles so maybe two hours or more with caravans and some single track.

I've fully prepared the bike, that means I've freed off the caliper pistons and fitted new tyres so full performance available.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Ah well I'm too late to edit it out now.

Leave Glasgow, head north over Erskine Bridge, west side of Loch Lomond, Crianlarich(sp?) Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, A82 to Invergary, A87 to Auchtertyre, A890 to Ledgowan, A832 to Poolewe and onwards to the A835 if time permits other wise continue direct to Gorston, turn left to Ullapool on A835.

How long would the Poolewe loop take? It's new roads for me but looks like about 75 miles so maybe two hours or more with caravans and some single track.

I've fully prepared the bike, that means I've freed off the caliper pistons and fitted new tyres so full performance available.
    Depends on stops but as a rough guide at a fast-ish pace-Achnasheen to Gairloch 30-35 minutes, Gairloch to Ullapool 50-55 minutes. The remaining single track road is the last 3-4 miles before Gairloch. Not too much problem with overtaking caravans/campervans etc but watch out for sheep and occasional goat after Gairloch!! It's a great run and well worth it.

Ian

Love to come along but off to see Old Ma Hegatty
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast