Test Ride on a Victory

I did over 150 miles on a Harley FLSTF at the weekend and was actually very comfortable .

Bearing in mind the rapidly approaching and more and more likley blanket 50 limit for A roads they are starting to make quite a lot of sense .

Not to mention I had a hoot on it :augie

Bearing in mind the rapidly approaching and more and more likley blanket 50 limit for A roads they are starting to make quite a lot of sense .

Not to mention I had a hoot on it :augie

I fear you have a point. :(

The opportunities to genuinely go fast are so few and far between now that a well fettled cruiser is more than capable of exploiting them. :nenau

When you do wind a Harley up it tests your riding skill like nothing else as well :D

Chewing over whether to buy or not at the moment .

But was very taken with it :D

I was outside a dealers in Dallas last month and asked if they'd got a Victory Vision Tour instock to show my mate . I like them and my mate hadn't seen one, the old tattoed bearded fella sat outside said " nope we can do better than that , come inside "

He led us over to a very limited Arlen Ness Signature edition Victory Vision without the top box of the full Tour version. I can 't quite explain how fantastic I thought this bike was. The detailing on it was superb, many original parts had been dechromed and colour coded (fork legs, bars) then other parts like the grips, levers and pegs had loads of special machining and then chromed . The cooling fins on the engine had been increased in size and then given this jewel edged finish on them which was fab. Different sized wheels gave it a lower look. The only dodgy part was the large flame/ribbon paintwork flowing along the faring on top of the base colour which was a very pearlescent sort of midnight blue.

I cant tell you how much I wished I could afford to buy that bike , I can't remember the last time I wanted so much to just ride away on something I'd seen sat in a showroom. I took some pictures but they just didnt do it justice:drool:drool:drool

V for Victory

Took a Harley Fat Boy out for a test ride. The engine was a bit of a suprise, really lovely. The gearbox wasn't so good or the brakes, they were truely frightning. Comfort wise, it gave me a sore lower back very quickly and I nearly binned it on the first left and then right hand corners as it ran out of ground clearance so so quickly, but I suppose you just have to adjust your style/speed. But if I was in the market for a cruiser style machine, I would more than likely buy a Victory (either the Hammer or Vegas 8 Ball), just to be a bit different to the Harley bunch.

I was outside a dealers in Dallas last month and asked if they'd got a Victory Vision Tour instock to show my mate . I like them and my mate hadn't seen one, the old tattoed bearded fella sat outside said " nope we can do better than that , come inside "

He led us over to a very limited Arlen Ness Signature edition Victory Vision without the top box of the full Tour version. I can 't quite explain how fantastic I thought this bike was. The detailing on it was superb, many original parts had been dechromed and colour coded (fork legs, bars) then other parts like the grips, levers and pegs had loads of special machining and then chromed . The cooling fins on the engine had been increased in size and then given this jewel edged finish on them which was fab. Different sized wheels gave it a lower look. The only dodgy part was the large flame/ribbon paintwork flowing along the faring on top of the base colour which was a very pearlescent sort of midnight blue.

I cant tell you how much I wished I could afford to buy that bike , I can't remember the last time I wanted so much to just ride away on something I'd seen sat in a showroom. I took some pictures but they just didnt do it justice:drool:drool:drool

:drool :postpics

Just for you Mutters

Strokers is a custom bike dealers and a really cool bikers hang out called Stroker Ice House . They have a large BBQ area out back and a pretty wicked biker bar where we had a late morning beer. Tuesday night is “lingerie night” and Thursday night is “ Girls from Playboy night “….shame we were there around 11am.

Texas_20090627_4106.jpg

Texas_20090627_4099.jpg

I told you that the shots of the Arlen Ness Signature Vison are poor and don’t do the detailing justice. The flash also highlights the flamey/ribbon like paint job which I wasn’t keen on.

Texas_20090627_4101.jpg

Texas_20090627_4102.jpg

Texas_20090627_4103.jpg

Texas_20090627_4105.jpg

Texas_20090627_4100-2.jpg

Texas_20090627_4109.jpg

Texas_20090627_4108.jpg

A cool place to visit and some very nice bikes there I can tell you :thumb

http://www.strokersdallas.com/icehouse/

http://www.strokersdallas.com/

European Tour

Just come back from a 3500 mile trip. Holmfirth to Barcelona- Pyranees-Avignon-Aups-Embrun-Belgium-home. 2007 Victory Kingpin Tour, pulling a trailer and fully loaded + missus on back. Problems none, grin factor Maximum.
Superb machine.

Up against a H-D I would be concerned about the residual value of a Victory -'cause your gona change it one day

You bought your Harley `cause of the resale value ?, come on, you bought it `cause you thought it was wonderful. As did I when I bought the Victory.

If bikers bought bikes with the resale value as foremost reason, the Japs would never sell a bike.

Back
Top Bottom