Recommend me....... some Biking Clothing

Re: Clothing

lkyphl said:
Tiger Angel Element jacket and pants :

http://www.tigerangel.com/frontpage.html

are made from a laminate with a Gore-Tex™ layer. Good gear at a good price.

Phil

I'd advise no-one to rush into anything with Tiger Angel quite yet...

In the next few days I may be able to post the result of a long term 'discussion' I am having with them...

Film at eleven...

Mike

:rolleyes:

Re: Re-Jackets

legger said:
John talk to Richard at Alan Jeffries, you wont get a better deal at any BMW dealers in the UK, top guy, top deals, i would not even consider going anywhere else, but make sure you ask for that lovely discount, if you dont ask you dont get.

Andy

I was thinking of asking you................to ask Richard on my behalf.........knowing what you usually end up with.......see what you can get a 62 Atlantis 3 Pro Jacket for............when you pick up your new 650 Dakar in the morning.......

Jonny,

to cut a long storyshort, wanted to replace HG stormtrooper gear, tried it all, Bey Emm Vey, Arlen Ness, Dainese et al. Bought Aerostich Darien kit.

I've just ordered a Rallye 2 for summer use. In the winter, if you require the mutts nuts of a jacket, take a look at the Belstaff Explorer. At £200 it out performs jackets at twice the price. Two winters on, crashed in and still going strong. Features good armour that stays in place, fleece liner that doesn't snag and fray like that crappy cotton quilt, waterproof pockets, in built neck warmer and an elasticated baffle to keep the draughts out. All in all a very top piece of kit and i'm certainly going to buy another.

My personal choice

For myself, i'd highly recommend Yoko. Was sponsored by Yamaha (with an Evolution jacket) to do the Elephant, Krystall, Dragon Rallies for charity in 2000. Over 3,200 miles of the shittiest weather you could imagine. Excellent performance. Bought the jacket and matching trousers at the end of the ride. Unfortunately buggered them up in a tumble @ the Cambrian so went out and bought a new set.
HENRY

Atlantis 3 Kit

Treated meself to an Atlantis 3 jacket and trousers last month. Silly me thought that they may be in the sale. My, how they all laughed..

I know its expensive, but like most of BMW's own brand kit its also DARNED GOOD. I was very fortunate to be able to negotiate a bit of discount (left my right arm with them) and I'm v pleased with it.

Its smart enough not to look like the usual bike gear (and thats important to me - hate looking like all the FT/ cheap BMF bargain weekend warrior clones. Snob? Me? Yeah, bloody right). I don't use the goretex liners as its ruins the feel, and I've got the size that is ideal for warmer weather, ie just a tee or sweat shirt under. If its winter I've already got a Tourguard suit.

Overall, I'd recommend it highly.

Roll on the West Highlands & SSDT in May

Steve

:D

Oi Henry, leave it out

Its bad enough with RiDE recommending the damn things without you starting.
I've only the cheapest of the range (no goretex no nothing), but if people like you keep going on about it pretty soon everybody is going to be wearing them.
Only I gather that Yamaha are no longer going to import them into this country...

Frank Thomas

After a year+ my Frank Thomas Gore-Tex jacket has proven itself well, 100% waterproof and I've been out in some bad storms, warm enough to wear in the mountains during the winter, in the snow at 6000ft.
Same can be said for my Dainese Panther Gore-Tex gloves:cool:

I've got the BMW Voyager 2 trs which I can't see anybody in the UK wearing apart from in the middle of the summer, which suits me but even I have to wear track suit bottoms under them in the cold weather.:rolleyes:

I Have to agree

Madmountainman said:
... if you require the mutts nuts of a jacket, take a look at the Belstaff Explorer. At £200 it out performs jackets at twice the price. Two winters on, crashed in and still going strong. Features good armour that stays in place, fleece liner that doesn't snag and fray like that crappy cotton quilt, waterproof pockets, in built neck warmer and an elasticated baffle to keep the draughts out. All in all a very top piece of kit and i'm certainly going to buy another.
I have to agree that the Belstaff clothing range is the best value for money kit available and excellent quality. Don't let the old waxed cotton image put you off its simply superb and weathers very well.

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

clothing

I can honestly reccommend the HG Voyager gear. I do about 45000 miles per year work mileage in ALL conditions. It has never leaked, is always comfortable and despite the dubious feel of the armour (Feels a bit feeble) the protection is superb. I have crash tested this stuff and it was superb. VFM is standard equipment on this gear. Very hard to get a discount though. If you buy it, you will love it AND save about £450-00 over the other option. Good luck and keep it shiney side up.

riding gear

Pulse & Cocktails Rotherham. Do sum pvc gear - that's waterproof isn't it? only one colour though - black

Re: riding gear

leigh said:
Pulse & Cocktails Rotherham. Do sum pvc gear - that's waterproof isn't it? only one colour though - black

Probably not very 'breathable' though..............might get a bit sweaty.........Leigh

Thanks for the tip.............you never know when it might come in handy.............have you 'pre-vetted' the joint........

Back
Top Bottom