Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Drink out.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Blog Entries

A Drink out.

As an alternative to Klanky and Garfields ride out, I am planning a Drink out.

Starting out at around 11am from the hotel bar, we will proceed south, down excellent narrow pavements to (probably) the Arch Bar, where the the first round will be quaffed.
    From there, we head east. Remembering that it is Saturday, so you are liable to meet tourists coming the other way. Those who are of a more rotund figure should walk in line and leave plenty stopping distance just in case we encounter a twin buggy or electric scooter and have to stop quickly.

Along this way we will come across ( and enter) The Caledonian hotel. I have never travelled this route before, so have no idea what Im talking about, but hey, we are adventure blokes, and thats what we do.
    Note to loud english folk. The locals may scoff at a deliberate raising of the voice in your accent. Please make allowances and respect the indigenous population.

After the Cally, we veer whichever way it is to the Ferryboat inn.
    We will be using the 'drop off' system so nobody gets lost. If a particularly tricky junction is reached. The second in line will wait till the last drunk staggers past. Ignoring the tail end charlie, who will be unaware of anything by this time.

After the Ferryboat Inn, participants are free to leave the group and find their own way back to the hotel or campsite, using the directions provided by the local fluesy who will be hanging from their right arm, or continue in an ad-hoc manner till oblivion or the hotel is reached

Anybody stopping for chips will not be waited on and will have to follow their noses to the next stop.

Remember ... we are not insured for such dangerous 'drink-outs', so everyone is responsible for his/her own welfare.

Right ...... who's up for it ??

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    As an alternative to Klanky and Garfields ride out, I am planning a Drink out.

Starting out at around 11am from the hotel bar, we will proceed south, down excellent narrow pavements to (probably) the Arch Bar, where the the first round will be quaffed.
    From there, we head east. Remembering that it is Saturday, so you are liable to meet tourists coming the other way. Those who are of a more rotund figure should walk in line and leave plenty stopping distance just in case we encounter a twin buggy or electric scooter and have to stop quickly.

Along this way we will come across ( and enter) The Caledonian hotel. I have never travelled this route before, so have no idea what Im talking about, but hey, we are adventure blokes, and thats what we do.
    Note to loud english folk. The locals may scoff at a deliberate raising of the voice in your accent. Please make allowances and respect the indigenous population.

After the Cally, we veer whichever way it is to the Ferryboat inn.
    We will be using the 'drop off' system so nobody gets lost. If a particularly tricky junction is reached. The second in line will wait till the last drunk staggers past. Ignoring the tail end charlie, who will be unaware of anything by this time.

After the Ferryboat Inn, participants are free to leave the group and find their own way back to the hotel or campsite, using the directions provided by the local fluesy who will be hanging from their right arm, or continue in an ad-hoc manner till oblivion or the hotel is reached

Anybody stopping for chips will not be waited on and will have to follow their noses to the next stop.

Remember ... we are not insured for such dangerous 'drink-outs', so everyone is responsible for his/her own welfare.

Right ...... who's up for it ??
    Will you burst into tears and cancel it if I turn up wearing a VIZ T Shirt and a headtorch?

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Can't be with you Den, but may I suggest the Morefield Motel for the "off-road" out drinkers....you have to cut across the footie pitch....

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Will you burst into tears and cancel it if I turn up wearing a VIZ T Shirt and a headtorch?
    Probably. Av still got ma waatery eee when it gets drafty.

Appropriate dress is compulsory. Nae Leiderhosen or sticky tape tashes. And if you want tae cover up yer baldy heid wi a torch ... yer welcome.

I can lend ye ma spring wig though.

Hope this helps...

(Accurate to within 2 miles)

PUI since 2004

Who went for a swim from the chippy?

Quote Originally Posted by TUNED IN View Post
    That'll be the Stornaway ferry......

PUI since 2004

Uinneag
    Anyone want to take over a road ride

1100 Rider Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Is this a single lap or multi lap event ?

Stewart
    Old Stew
    Canbus fluid degausser hire PM me .
    You cant "Dust" for vomit

always 100
    I'm not as fast a drinker has some, do you have a slow drinker loop incase I can't keep up. Will you be restricting the size of the drink out if so can I get my name down, and reserve a place for my friend i've not seen him since we were children this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
    Last edited by always 100; 28-05-09 at 18:19. Reason: gluepot

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Now I'm torn between the ride out and the drink out.

After a few seconds consideration I'l stick with the ride out as there will be plenty of opportunity for an evening drink out and if I start at 11:00hrs I'll be asleep by 17:00hrs and therefor waste the entire evening.

You will by now have come to the conclusion that I'm a lightweight and it's only by dint of a clever optical illusion that I lok more like a typical tosser
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

but can you make it 24 hour enduranceevent hic!

Quote Originally Posted by always 100 View Post
    I'm not as fast a drinker has some, do you have a slow drinker loop incase I can't keep up. Will you be restricting the size of the drink out if so can I get my name down, and reserve a place for my friend i've not seen him since we were children this would be a good opportunity to catch up.
    You get an orange bib and the SS scrutineers will check you over before you go out.

More experienced Tossers have a duty to keep out of your way in the wobbly bits...not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKelley View Post
    Hope this helps...

(Accurate to within 2 miles)

2 Miles ?????? Feck, Do you want to sign my Sponsorship Form ?

thats twice already you've made me laugh this morning , Den

sperm was the other topic

don't combine the two, tho.

"If you knew when you were going to die, would you live your life differently?"

Quote Originally Posted by TUNED IN View Post
    It's a short cut I've sussed out back to the campsite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast