Cannon BMW

Kev B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know they have come in for some stick in times gone buy but I think they are getting it right now!
Fred in charge of service dept booked my 08 1200 in for a check on brake judder.( I suspected warped front disc as I had my rear disc replaced previousley)
1st job of the day as I wanted to wait.
Offered tea or coffee.
They checked tollerence of front discs.
Offered more tea or coffee.
1 disc warped told me they would need to replace both front discs.
10.15 on my way back to sunny Leigh on Sea.

Staff could not have been more pleasant,obviously no charge as warrenty work.10/10 and 10/10 for Fred.:thumb2

Dunno to be more amazed they are still trading or that anyone is still using them...

Still as long as you are happy with the quality of the work

:)

I know they have come in for some stick in times gone buy but I think they are getting it right now!
Fred in charge of service dept booked my 08 1200 in for a check on brake judder.( I suspected warped front disc as I had my rear disc replaced previousley)
1st job of the day as I wanted to wait.
Offered tea or coffee.
They checked tollerence of front discs.
1 disc warped told me they would need to replace both front discs.
10.15 on my way back to sunny Leigh on Sea.

Staff could not have been more pleasant,obviously no charge as warrenty work.10/10 and 10/10 for Fred.:thumb2
Try them out of warranty.

(Does Kate still work there?)

useless

they are utterly useless :mad

Had my bike over to them after an frontal collesion for inspection. They found a broken left mirror and center stand and some scracth on the paint work. Withc was a bit suprising for me but as I broke my left arm in the accident I could not ride the bike for six weeks.But they missed the fact that both front forks were damaged and needed to be changed.

At my first ride it felt like a riding a bull , the bloody thing just wanted to through me off all then time. Took the bike back to them for inspection , left the bike at 8 am in the morning they called me at 1645 and said that "there is absolutly nothing wrong with your bike ,the tyre pressure was a bit low so it was probably that " .:nenau

But when I went to pick the bike up, they keept me waiting for an half hour , at that I understood that the lazy bastard had decided to test drive the bike at the ast minute, which they never did after the first instance . Now there was something wrong with the forks and without any explanation the service manager just handed me a repair estimate??!!!

This has lead to a 5 months prolong insurance claim which still has not sorted my bike . :(

they are utterly useless :mad

Had my bike over to them after an frontal collesion for inspection. They found a broken left mirror and center stand and some scracth on the paint work. Withc was a bit suprising for me but as I broke my left arm in the accident I could not ride the bike for six weeks.But they missed the fact that both front forks were damaged and needed to be changed.

At my first ride it felt like a riding a bull , the bloody thing just wanted to through me off all then time. Took the bike back to them for inspection , left the bike at 8 am in the morning they called me at 1645 and said that "there is absolutly nothing wrong with your bike ,the tyre pressure was a bit low so it was probably that " .:nenau

But when I went to pick the bike up, they keept me waiting for an half hour , at that I understood that the lazy bastard had decided to test drive the bike at the ast minute, which they never did after the first instance . Now there was something wrong with the forks and without any explanation the service manager just handed me a repair estimate??!!!

This has lead to a 5 months prolong insurance claim which still has not sorted my bike . :(

Ah that's more like the Cannons that we know... :augie

Sorry to hear that - hope you get sorted and perhaps (I won't say by some who knows what they are doing) lets say - by a dealer who does a proper job. :eek

I called in to Cannon 4 weeks ago, a mate of mine from Kent had asked them put a pair of trousers aside for me to collect.
Paid for the gear, and put my months of dithering to one side and sat down to discuss a deal, arranged a test ride for a week later - no limit on time, no deposit required.
I'd read up as much as you can on GS's, the test ride dispelled any further need to dither so I ordered one, although I knew what I wanted the process was relaxed.
I knew about previous posts - all of them, but my experience has been positive from enquiry to delivery which was last week.
So I'm a very happy bunny, new bike, suns been shining & life is good!:bounce1

I called in to Cannon 4 weeks ago, a mate of mine from Kent had asked them put a pair of trousers aside for me to collect.
Paid for the gear, and put my months of dithering to one side and sat down to discuss a deal, arranged a test ride for a week later - no limit on time, no deposit required.
I'd read up as much as you can on GS's, the test ride dispelled any further need to dither so I ordered one, although I knew what I wanted the process was relaxed.
I knew about previous posts - all of them, but my experience has been positive from enquiry to delivery which was last week.

Beats the sound of leather on Willow, I guess :D

Cannon Fodder

Image removed following request from Cannon's due to a recent family bereavement, please don not re post further images. (BHT)

Shouldn't have mentioned Cannons should I !!!!:augie

Wasn't my intention to fuel former issues folks, but I'm happy with the route I took so far,so lets see.

I've had the bike 5 days now, wife can't understand how my back sprain isn't affected by riding!:augie

lets hope that now they have your money they stay that interested in you:augie

Next time I get good service from Cannons I think I will keep it to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:augie:augie:whip

Next time I get good service from Cannons I think I will keep it to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:augie:augie:whip

what and spoil all the fun:D:D:D the word is cannons are working hard to mend their ways, time will tell:thumb2

what and spoil all the fun:D:D:D the word is cannons are working hard to mend their ways, time will tell:thumb2

Well they have to hope there's lots of new custom who don't know how to do a web search for "Cannon Poor Service" as the "Thread of shame" stills rides high in Google.

Maybe there are some old faithful who get treated right - I was while I was placing an order - afterwards it was a different matter.

Would I go back. NO - never.

In fact I've spent £12.5k elsewhere since. I told them I bought a new bike every 3 years or less and they still treated me poorly so thats why I shop else where now.

If Cannon were the last BMW dealer within 200 miles I still wouldn't go there now even if they'd give me free servicing for the life of the bike. I couldn't trust them to do it right.

If Cannon were the last BMW dealer within 200 miles I still wouldn't go there now even if they'd give me free servicing for the life of the bike. I couldn't trust them to do it right.

I'd still use them- but then, I believe in giving people a second chance and I know that Sue and her team are trying hard.

Wheeling out old stories and jumping on the bandwagon each time something is mentioned is a bit sad IMO.

Give them a fekkin chance- tell them when they've got it wrong (as they were told very plainly here a while back) but if they've improved and have made someone satisfied with their service, I think it's unfair to then knock them down yet again :blast

Picked up my first bmw motorbike from cannons last friday, secondhand 1200 gsa with 4000 miles on the clock, tax ran out 2 days later and after being assured there was petrol in it that ran out too before i got to the A1(20 miles ish)

I'd still use them- but then, I believe in giving people a second chance and I know that Sue and her team are trying hard.

Wheeling out old stories and jumping on the bandwagon each time something is mentioned is a bit sad IMO.

Give them a fekkin chance- tell them when they've got it wrong (as they were told very plainly here a while back) but if they've improved and have made someone satisfied with their service, I think it's unfair to then knock them down yet again :blast
a mate of mine bought his 650 from them in sept of last year and so far they have been very good :thumb2as mentioned in my last post they seem to be putting past issues behind them.

but for most people its a case of once bitten and all that.

Back
Top Bottom