Thread: Gares gorge trail - hotel - picos de europa

Gares gorge trail - hotel - picos de europa

Booked ferry for Santander for next July. So looking for accommodation as close as possible to the Cares Gorge Trail. Don't really fancy having to ride to the start of the walk and worry about leaving my biking gear with bike all day while I go walking. Have looked at booking.com, Not a lot available, can anyone recommend a hotel or apartment

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Knowing the area pretty well and also walked the Gorge, there isn't a lot there to stay in

There is a small village at the start of the trail, where there might be a very small Pension - but it won't be even remotely on booking.com........... I expect

We drove to that village in a car, 25 years ago and just walked it
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

How about - https://gargantadelcares.com - at the north end of the trail? There is another hotel next door - check on Google Maps for more info.

Did exactly what you are planning to do two years ago. We wanted a 2 night stay so we didn't have to ride to the start of the walk or ride back at the end of the day. We stayed at the Hostal Poncebos, (it's on booking.com) about 200m from the start of the walk. Yes it's basic, with a basic breakfast the next day, but very clean & welcoming. They do bar food and there's also a restaurant about 100m towards the trail we ate in (I think this is part of the Garganta Hotel), but all facilities are limited.
    One word of warning with the Hostal Poncebos ...it has a really shitty, gravel parking area on a bit of a camber.
    Stunning, stunning location though.
    Really glad we stayed so close. We walked the Cares trail the day that the tropical storm Henry hit. The return leg was a bit hairy!
    Was also there a couple of weeks ago and did the walk from Poncebos to Bulnes. Much shorter but steeper.
    The Cares walk is amazing.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hos...s=1&#hotelTmpl

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

thanks for replies will have a look OK found a hotel in arenas de cabrales about 3 miles away. I have asked the hotel if they can arrange a taxi to get us to the start. I did read on tripadvisor a review where the hotel did this. So fingers crossed