Maison Laudeire - Normandy

Another great stay!

Just back from a 5 day stay at Maison Laudiere, as always fantastic accommodation, great hosts in Carole and Nigel, and some really good rides out. :clap

It's such a great part of France, which in conjunction with Maison Laudiere, mean we keep going back. :bounce1

Till next time! :thumb

Hi Dave, was great to see you and Paul and get a few miles in!

Look forward to seeing you again whenever you get the chance.

Take it steady.

:beerjug: Nige and Carole

An update on developments here at Maison Laudiere.

Some of you will know that Carole was seriously ill last Christmas having multiple blood clots in both lungs which caused some other issues. Due to this she is finding it more and more physically difficult to cope with the running of the B&B. So after much thought, we have decided to put the house on the market. We will be gutted as have thoroughly enjoyed running the b&b and meeting everyone, some of whom have become good friends.

However, with the French property market as it is, it could well take a couple of years to sell, so for the time being IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL and will remain so until we find a buyer.

We hope to see some of our previous, and new guests, next year - or if you fancy living in France or running a B&B (or know someone who does), then please let us know.

We will keep you updated with any further developments.

All the best

Carole and Nigel :beerjug:

An update on developments here at Maison Laudiere.

Some of you will know that Carole was seriously ill last Christmas having multiple blood clots in both lungs which caused some other issues. Due to this she is finding it more and more physically difficult to cope with the running of the B&B. So after much thought, we have decided to put the house on the market. We will be gutted as have thoroughly enjoyed running the b&b and meeting everyone, some of whom have become good friends.

However, with the French property market as it is, it could well take a couple of years to sell, so for the time being IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL and will remain so until we find a buyer.

We hope to see some of our previous, and new guests, next year - or if you fancy living in France or running a B&B (or know someone who does), then please let us know.

We will keep you updated with any further developments.

All the best

Carole and Nigel :beerjug:

We've done a few trips with Jen and John from bike Normandy. Last time we saw them I was banging on about a network of biker friendly day rides across Normandy with decent B&B. May be worth a connect in case either of you has capacity / demand. They are lovely people and will be at Birmingham bike show.

Sorry to hear Carole has not been so well, really enjoyed a stay with you and will do our best to get there again, all the best.

Steve

All the best wishes

To Carole and her continued recovery

Enjoyed the company of both of you last year . Good luck with the sale and for the future

Regards Frank

Hope things work out well for you both. We always enjoyed your superb hospitality and have happy memories of our stays. Best wishes to Carole for a complete recovery.

Tom & Angie

Another great stay

Hi Nigel, Great to see you as always and glad to see Carole's on the mend. The accommodation was, as always, excellent.
I'll be back again at some point this year, the hospitality, and location, means I have to come back, it's the law!

To anyone who's not been, or is pondering a Normandy jaunt this year, get yourself down to Maison Laudiere, it's simply awesome. The roads are a bit special too, try the D999 or 911 :green gri they are up there with the great rides which have to be done. I make no apology for this sounding like an advert, Nigel and Carole are just the type of fantastic high quality B&B that you need to visit when en francais :thumby:

Hi David thanks.

Look forward to catching up later in the year if you sort another trip out.

Keep it shiny side up.

Take care Nige and Carole :beerjug:

Thanks to Nigel and Carole for another lovely week and booking good weather for us.

Yet again they went above and beyond the call by looking after a colleague who ended up with a bad back and immobile for 24 hrs and took another colleague to town to buy waterproofs (that he never needed) :aidan

Top service, highly recommended
Gary
www.bimbleonthebike.co.uk

Hi Gary

Great to see you again and your 'Tour Group'

No probs with the nursing and going to Flers for the waterproofs. It is always better to have them and not need them than the other way round especially with a 400 mile ride ahead of you.

Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Take it steady.

All the best.

Nige and Carole :beerjug:

Just back from a great week at Maison Laudiere. As always the place was spotless and the hospitality was amazing, Nigel and Carole are wonderful hosts.

It goes without saying if your passing through or visiting the Normandy region you will do no better in quality, affordable accommodation.

Also make sure you visit the museum Manoir de l'Automobile in Loheac, it's just stunning and a good route there and back, just allow enough time to go around the museum!

Nigel and Carole have loads of route suggestions, lots of the great roads and coffee stops, hopefully we can ride some more another time.

Until next time... :thumby:

We have twice enjoyed Nigel & Caroles hospitality and have recommended them to others, but I thought they were stopping the B & B, or did I imagine that.

Thanks David, really enjoyed seeing you and Paul again and the three ride-outs we had were great, and dry!!!

As you say that museum is fantastic, I will take Carole to visit it but make sure we have a full day as 400 cars are a lot to look in in a couple of hours!

Until next time, take it steady.

All the best :beerjug:

We have twice enjoyed Nigel & Caroles hospitality and have recommended them to others, but I thought they were stopping the B & B, or did I imagine that.

Hi Steve

We will be stopping at some stage but not until we have sold the property, until that time it is BUSINESS AS USUAL!!

Any one who fancies a life change then give us a call, it would be great if any new owners wanted to keep running it as a B&B as we have built up a lot of guests over the 10 years we have been doing it!

As we mentioned in an earlier post it is only due to Carole's health we are having a change and whilst she is doing OK it is a lot to take on when we are in full swing, especially if I am not here!!

Be good to see you and James if you are heading this way sometime.

All the best.

Nige and Carole

Hi Steve

We will be stopping at some stage but not until we have sold the property, until that time it is BUSINESS AS USUAL!!

Any one who fancies a life change then give us a call, it would be great if any new owners wanted to keep running it as a B&B as we have built up a lot of guests over the 10 years we have been doing it!

As we mentioned in an earlier post it is only due to Carole's health we are having a change and whilst she is doing OK it is a lot to take on when we are in full swing, especially if I am not here!!

Be good to see you and James if you are heading this way sometime.

All the best.

Nige and Carole

Thanks Nige, we will be thinking about next year very soon.

Steve

Looking forward to our imminent stay Nige,remind us to take a look at that Museum.
How far is it from your place?

Hi Ric

Museum is about 85 miles from us south of Rennes but well worth the ride, can recommend coffee stop and lunch stop!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

All the best.

Nige and Carole

Just returned from a two night last second trip to that France.On the recommendation of the guys on this forum I booked up to stay at Nigel and Carols Maison laudeire.All of the above posts are true! I turned up knackered after 6 night shifts and a 500 mile ride to be greeted by our hosts,handed a cold beer and another one.They invited me to have dinner with them which I gratefully accepted as I really didn't fancy riding the bike any further.The following morning Nigel took me out sightseeing,allowing me to follow him on his Triumph tiger not stressing about been on the right hand side of the road showed me places I would never have found on my own.The three of us went out for dinner on my second night,Nigel drove us there and back.We had a lovely meal and I genuinely enjoyed their company,easy going with a great deal of humour! I cant recommend Maison laudeire highly enough.

Hi Ian

Thanks, we both really enjoyed meeting you, good to have another Brummie in the house! :D

Enjoyed the ride-out and the banter, too. Good to hear you landed back OK.

Take it steady out there, maybe see you again with your other half next time.

All the best.

Nige and Carole :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom