Maison Laudeire - Normandy

Mark8303

Reaction score
We have just retruned from a Bank Holiday trip to Normandy and stayed with Nigel & Carole at their loveley traditional cottage. Great rooms, welcome and entertainment (Nigel cooking Brontasaurus burgers:drool). The D roads down from Le Havre give a good intro to French roads and there's no traffic! If you need a good touring base or stop off on route sud it's ideal.

Attachments

• 1384 reduced by huge amount.jpg
    1384 reduced by huge amount.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4,376
Was great to meet you all, thanks for the mention :thumb2

The temperature on the weather station hit 44.4 degrees today a record so far this year! I know it is measured on the outside sensor when the sun is directly on it but hey it's still v.hot. :beer:

Thanks for that PaulW :thumb2

'The Large One' our website is also in my signature!! :thumb

Trevtuck, will do our best for the weather, it has been in the high 30's again today, too hot to do any outside work :D

Thanks Trevtuck

Sorry I missed you again this year! family commitments (looking after my Mom after her hip replacement) has meant three weeks or more in England, but I understand from 'The Boss' that you and your brother had a great time at the Le Mans 24 hour, etc.

I hope we get to meet up sometime soon.

+1

We stayed over the weekend of 13 & 14th

I am in two minds over recommending Maison Laudiere.:augie
Followed the directions and apart from a personal navigational problem it was Spot On.
We were met with the biggest, most sincere of welcomes.
Had to have a refreshing drink even before we unpacked or shown to our room.:drinkinpa
The room was far too comfortable.:sleep
Was advised what resturant to go to and driven there just to make sure we both went - and then picked us up just to make sure we returned on time.
Breakfast was far too leisurely, and had to spend far too long having to talk to fellow tossers.
As a result had to leave late.

Members of this parish and fellow tossers - I am in two minds whether to recommend this place. We have traveled a fair amount and this has to be one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed at. (Already booked a return visit - just to make sure !!!!) If I tell you how genuine their hospitality is then they might become popular and our "little find" will be no more.

But in the spirit of this forum I feel duty bound.

If ever down that way, and its a good D road ride from Calais, you could do a lot worse than dropping in to Carole & Nigel.:thumb

You have been warned !!!! Do not plan on an early departure.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thanks for the comments tonadapark! :thumb2

You had me worried to start with!!

Sorry I missed you, as my previous post I on family duty but can't wait to get back home as soon as I can, would be great if it is in time for your next visit but will have to see how the patient is :comfort

Can I just add my say on Maison Laudeire as well. Stayed there recently and I have to say Nigel and Carole are the perfect hosts and welcomed us into their home with open arms. As mentioned above the rooms are stunning the food fantastic, the location is beautiful. All I can say is book up and enjoy - Nigel and Carole, Maison Laudeire made us so very welcome.

I can reiterate the all of hte above every word of it is true - you will not be disappointed.

Apologies for the delay in posting this but I went straight from Maison Laudeire to Galway and then took ill in Ireland and have only just surfaced again.

Hope your mum is on the mend Nigel.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for the comments Phil and sorry to hear you have not been so good, still at least you have a nurse to look after you!! :comfort

I was grateful for her advice with my horsefly bite to my hand at least it had gone down enough to fit my bike glove on and I got away without any injections! :hide

My nursing duties with my Mom are going OK thanks and she is improving by the day, amazing these hip replacements.

Hope to see you again sometime, take it steady.

Just had to do it again

Just a quick note to all those thinking of travelling to lower Normandy.
After our previous visit we decided to try our luck again - and after a fantastic day exploring those infamous french rural roads we ended up back under the hospitable wings of Nigel and Carole. After a revitilizing shower we were chauffeured down to Bagnoles for a memorable night of French cuisine.
Great resturants, great accommodation and most importantly fantastic hosts. We cannot recommend Laudiere enough.

Was great to meet you all this time around Tonadapark, even if I did only manage to see you for a couple of hours!

If you make it back again sometime I will make sure I am here all the time!!

Take it steady and safe riding

Another happy customer

Myself and Mrs Baps stayed in Sept. We were only there for one night on the wat south but despite this Carol went out of her way to be helpful and even drove us to Bagnole for some chow.

It really is a beautiful building and has been finished to a remarkably high standard. Next time, we'll be staying for longer while we explore the north of France.

Hi Piebaps

Sorry I missed you all.

Thanks for your comments on the house, etc. Hope you had a great trip down south I am sure the weather will have been great as we have not had any rain to speak of here for the last three months!!!

Look forward to meeting you next time around.

Cheers :thumb2

Mr & Mrs Tank

What a Gr8 place to stay

I've just returned fron a 5 day 4 night stay in good old France.
My last night was here...... at TANKS place:thumb:thumb:thumb

Bloody marvellous place, fantastic location and excellent hosts in Mr and Mrs TANK.
TANK even gave us a lift to the local watering hole so we could have a drink with meals and not worry about the local Gendames

Mr and Mrs Magwa say a big thanks:thumb

As Arnie says........WE WILL BE BACK:beerjug:

:clap

Thanks Magwa was good to meet you and Mrs Magwa.

Had another Tosser in the night after you with three friends so the taxi service was put to good use again!

Take it steady

Cheers

Mr and Mrs Tank

Thanks Magwa was good to meet you and Mrs Magwa.

Had another Tosser in the night after you with three friends so the taxi service was put to good use again!

Take it steady

Cheers

Mr and Mrs Tank

That would be me then !

I am delighted to say I can only echo the comments above. Mr & Mrs Tank were extremely good hosts and have a lovely place.

Not only did Tank fire up the taxi to take us into town for a meal, he was stood at the end of the drive in the rain to welcome us. He helped us with our bikes and gear. Had a steaming cuppa ready and dried our clothes and offered us beer and wine. All this with 10% discount. What a star !! :thumb2 :clap :bow

The Maison Laudeire is ideal for Le Mans, a bimble round Normandy, or like us you fancy a run over to Mont St Michel and St Malo. I couldn't recommend it enough!

If you do stay with Mr & Mrs Tank and fancy a run to St Malo I recommend the D911 to Avranches then the Route de Cote de Baie (which is mainly the D797) to Canale and the coast road into St Malo.

We also took in a stop at Honfleur on the way back to Dieppe.

Mr & Mrs Tank

IMGP0031.jpg

The bikes outside Tank's workshop

IMGP0032.jpg

The cat !

IMGP0033.jpg

Mont St Michel

IMGP0028.jpg

Honfleur

IMGP0037.jpg

Ps: Tank did all the work doing the place up himself and it is very well done. If you need a bit of fettling round the house Tank's you man! (err the B & B that is - not Honfleur!!)

Back
Top Bottom