Thread: Well,the Russian Airhead has just been prepped for the WEEkend

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Well,the Russian Airhead has just been prepped for the WEEkend

Fancy that....my Ural is facing its second trip down to ScrumpyLand in as many weeks.

My posh two tone 750 one that is...the 650 is in dry dock getting an overhaul ready for Winter....and the top secret Mitsubishi alternator conversion.

I spent the last ten days Uralling around Somerset with Glambabe and Megan (including a venture into Devon/Devonshire when we went to Pecorama at Beer near Seaton) and only came home at the weekend.

So...seeing as it worked hard while we were away I`ve just spent the last three hours getting it sorted for the second visit.

Front and rear brake shoes removed from backplates to adjust brake shoe spread via their adjustable 'feet' to restore brake pedal/lever travel and better brake pressure.
    Brake dust cleared from drums....there`s some seriously big hills in that part of the country.

Valve clearances checked and adjusted.....only a slight tweak on a couple.

Final drive oil changed (bevel box to you lot )...it only holds 150ml so it gets done frequently.

Gearbox oil changed....it was changed before we went too,but after the mega hills and high loading it was prudent to change it. It came out nice and clean,so that`s a good sign.

Engine oil changed....that was also done before we went away but there`s only 2.25 litres of it and it got worked hard and heated so a change was done as a matter of course. slightly dark but not bad.
    How I love pouring fresh clean oil into a bike engine......mmmmm.
    Go on...'What kind of oil ?'
    Well,seeing as you didn`t ask,unlike my other bikes,the Urals get any cheapo 20w/50 I can get my mitts on...it`s changed every 1,500 to 2,000 km due to the part pumped part splasher lube system.
    Anyway,all they need is CLEAN oil.

Ignition timing was spot on...you can see the external timing indication LED flash while turning the engine over to set the valve clearances so it`s a cursory check.

Tyres are pumped up and she`s had a good clean and polish.

All set for Friday.....

See y`all there.
    Bicycle riders.....Darwin's very own speed bumps.

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    He has probably already set off on the four day journey down to the rally...and for those that don't know him...he looks like this...he is the one with the pink ears
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

Beer and Seaton - spent all my biking teen years and a bit more round that neck o the woods terrorising the neighbourhood

Never did do pecorama though - thats for grockles

"If you knew when you were going to die, would you live your life differently?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    He has probably already set off on the four day journey down to the rally...and for those that don't know him...he looks like this...he is the one with the pink ears
    Those wouldn't be High Viz pink ears would they?