Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vignette

07875 304772

Vignette

Those of you heading down from Mittenwald towards Trieste...

There's a garage near the Austrian border where you'll need to pick up your Austrian Vignette...

It was only 4 euro a couple of years ago, shouldn't have gone up much... but get caught on the motorway without it and it'll cost you a bit more ...

We got ours when we went down to Innsbruck.. got flagged down before we got there and the vignette was checked. ( those not aware its a sticker for the screen so its not all bad )

mmmmmmmm, a bit of a toss up......motorways or the Timmelsjoch....a little out of the way but worth the EU11.....

http://www.timmelsjoch-hochalpenstrasse.at/en/home.html

gordo'

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Gordo, count me in for the pass. Looks stunning! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo' View Post
    mmmmmmmm, a bit of a toss up......motorways or the Timmelsjoch....a little out of the way but worth the EU11.....

gordo'
    I,d have 11€ worth of that - it looks amazing!!

07875 304772
    Great idea keeping off the motorway.. but that's what we planned... we went round a corner and found ourselves on a short stretch of motorway unintentionally, which in Austria is easy to do

I'll be getting a vignette but intending to avoid the motorways

Best not forget Slovenia too: http://www.slovenia.info/?by_car=0

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Great idea keeping off the motorway.. but that's what we planned... we went round a corner and found ourselves on a short stretch of motorway unintentionally, which in Austria is easy to do

I'll be getting a vignette but intending to avoid the motorways
    +1 what he said. We were riding up towards St Anton and over the Arlberg pass and we nearly ended up on the motorway. It is easy to take a wrong turn and then find you cant get off the slip road.

We passed through Austria without the need for a Vignette but on the way home I bought one as there were times where I needed to use motorway around Linz.

Ooh me Chalfonts Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I was in Austria last week, in the car and a 10 day vignette was only 7 euro.

So I guess a bike one is still around the 4 or 5 euro I paid a couple of years back.
    Keefffff

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either..

Thanks to Bryn for reminding us of the need for the Vignette. I had the same experience of not getting one, but ending up on a motorway without intending to, got away with it, but it's not worth the hassel.

In this case we are coming back through Austria to Vienna,l so we may need one then anyway. As I remember it you can get one for 10 days for Austria, perfect for us. The price in 2008 for a 10 day bike Vignette was €4.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo' View Post

gordo'
    Looks stunning ! Will we need oxygen or a Parachute or owt !!

Hefty fine for going without the Slovenia one eh ! Wonder how many have copped for that !

And they say Ignorance is bliss !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Those of you heading down from Mittenwald towards Trieste...

There's a garage near the Austrian border where you'll need to pick up your Austrian Vignette...

It was only 4 euro a couple of years ago, shouldn't have gone up much... but get caught on the motorway without it and it'll cost you a bit more ...

We got ours when we went down to Innsbruck.. got flagged down before we got there and the vignette was checked. ( those not aware its a sticker for the screen so its not all bad )

Hey Bryn - do they do chips 'n salt at the garage too?

someone had to say it - i'll get me coat

Timmelsjoch

abso. about the vignette, Bryn. You're right...worth buying when the arsehole tightens as you realise you've bollox'd it up and head down the ramp to the motorway.

....great if the intended route goes over the Timmseljoch.....it is a stunner. Superb, wide sweepers going up on the Austrian side...then much narrower going down the Italian side.......brillo

From the top of the Timmseljoch last year:

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post

Hey Bryn - do they do chips 'n salt at the garage too?

someone had to say it - i'll get me coat

Thats what lyn thought..... Vinigarette

With Mayo

07875 304772
    Chaps, just an update for everyone... this seems as good as any place to post...

Routes are imminent.. just sorted one from Mittenwald to Trieste taking in the Timmseljoch

We were down there just a few weeks ago and the vignette is still 4 euros. But you still have to pay tolls too

Quote Originally Posted by John Armstrong View Post
    Best not forget Slovenia too: http://www.slovenia.info/?by_car=0
    Being a lazy b*tard - is there anybody out there who can tell me which countries (on this trip) need vignettes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast