Panniers, how heavy ?

~Stef~

Reaction score
I bought myself a set if ARD cases, but used them only once and sold them on.
Reason being they were ferkin heavy 10kg and 8kg not including the Givi frames I used to mount them.

Are any of the other alloy panniers lighter ?

I've got a set of Verns boxes.

Not terribly helpful because I don't know how much they weigh and they're on the bike at the moment so can't easily find out.

But.......they replaced a set of Civils boxes and are considerably lighter than they were.

18kgs sounds a lot for two boxes though.

A complete set of mine,and I think they are ten inch wide ones weigh in at 12.8kg,and that includes everything,including the framework and every nut bolt and washer you need to ride away with.Each pannier weighs about 4.15kg.

It depends what you know when it comes to making stuff you know:augie

I've had TT and now Vern's, Vern's feel half the weight of the TT's. Now I only have to wind up the suspension for the items in the panniers:D

A complete set of mine,and I think they are ten inch wide ones weigh in at 12.8kg,and that includes everything,including the framework and every nut bolt and washer you need to ride away with.Each pannier weighs about 4.15kg.

It depends what you know when it comes to making stuff you know:augie

4.15kg now thats better, thats about the same as my plastic Givi case

Never thought about the weight but what a difference between manufacturers.
Be interested in knowing Civil's and Redcaps thoughts.

Verns are extremely light!! I was very surprised when I pulled them from its shipping box. But they are so strong. Some sort of special alloy.......strong and light!! Great stuff!

Billy

Verns are extremely light!! I was very surprised when I pulled them from its shipping box. But they are so strong. Some sort of special alloy.......strong and light!! Great stuff!

Billy

All the materials on my web site are bollox,I just wanted other dull b'stard copy cats with no skill or knowledge to copy what I was doing cus they've tried copying everything else I do.Ha:bounce1

Money no object I'd have a set of Verns, but as my employer looks like its about to fold I'll hang off for now.

1150GS spec System panniers with supersized lids 9.8Kg for the pair excluding rails. Verns are seriously light!

panniers how heavy

Hi all ,
Being a dull b'stard i rushed to my shed to weigh a set of ARD cases without my scales:blast
But with my lack of knowledge i hadn't realised that i had sold out of them :nenau
When i get a minute i will weigh a set :comfort
Kind regards Roger

Hi all ,
Being a dull b'stard i rushed to my shed to weigh a set of ARD cases without my scales:blast
But with my lack of knowledge i hadn't realised that i had sold out of them :nenau
Kind regards Roger

:roll

Hi Roger,
The set I had from you were one of your first pair, with the solid alloy brace around the top, I know you were talking about revising the design to lighten them,couldnt fault them other wise.

panniers how heavy

Hi Steff
No worries mate i was only having a chuckle with the boys !!
Those boxes are for the more off-road biased among us .
You would be pushing it with Givi racks as they are a bit weedy .
However to save yourself the cost of changing boxes you could get a stronger frame i.e. Touratech or Holan (i can supply Holan ) and using my adjustable mounts you would be all tickerty boo !!!!:clap
Kind regards Roger

Alpos panniers & sw-motech frames (the news ones for 1200gs) about 8kg for both. Alpos are thin walled though.

Roger
Any idea yet on the weight of your cases?
Hi all ,
Kind regards Roger

Back
Top Bottom