"Copy" luggage....

Probably made from re-cycled Coke cans. They probably stand a good chance of not going furry when moist, unlike the OE stuff. :rolleyes:

Not a bad copy :augie.. but where/how are they mounted? (Can't see the locks )

Probably bolted straight on ;)

Top box is on the pish and doesn't even seem to be fastened on.

:nenau

I'd have one if it was cheap enough and just bolt it on with a metal plate.

:mmmm

Might well be the factory that makes the OE stuff anyway, seems that most everything is made in China now.

Here's the guy who makes them:

6a00e55188bf7a88340115701984de970b-800wi

And the designer sitting on an early prototype:

6a00e55188bf7a8834011570198707970b-800wi

There'll be a reason why they're cheap.

Can't get over the great PR photo's - there's a geezer picking up dogends in the last photo & even his kids playing in the background on two others!

Brilliant!!

Might well be the factory that makes the OE stuff anyway, seems that most everything is made in China now.

Exactly!

You'd be amazed (or maybe not?) how much of a new m/cycle is made in China.

That goes for BMW's, Harleys (they have 2 factories there apparently) etc. etc.

Aren't Twat suits made there too..?

There's a reason why BMW stuff is often so expensive...

It's called the BMW badge :augie

It looks like they are made in Japan to me :confused:

The largest aftermarket fairing factory in south China, We have over 25 years history in High quality ABS plastic production and paint skill,we support many ebay dealer in United ,Euro and Hong Kong ,We are looking for powerful Dealer and Wholesale in worldwide, Fairing Factory guarantee the best quality and price for dealer!! year 2009 we invest perfect quality injection mold in 09R1, 09CBR600 and 09GSXR1000, Dealer welcome! (include Hong Kong)

Looks like they're after an importer/dealer :rolleyes:

The largest aftermarket fairing factory in south China, We have over 25 years history in High quality ABS plastic production and paint skill,we support many ebay dealer in United ,Euro and Hong Kong ,We are looking for powerful Dealer and Wholesale in worldwide, Fairing Factory guarantee the best quality and price for dealer!! year 2009 we invest perfect quality injection mold in 09R1, 09CBR600 and 09GSXR1000, Dealer welcome! (include Hong Kong)

Looks like they're after an importer/dealer :rolleyes:

Aaaah , should've guessed really. The Japanese versions would have had bluetooth and been small enough to fit in your shirt pocket :D

What is a 'speical bracket' anyway? that these panniers come with!
The boxes look OK, but my faith in the company is somewhat reduced by the quality of the web site advert - text and pictures! Very funny.
Lets hope they pay more attention to putting the boxes together.:(

What's the problem:nenau

The 12GSA panniers are made by Touratech anyway and if the Chineses can copy them and make them at a better price, then BMW will buy them

As said, look at all the BMW clothing.................it's all made in Eastern Europe or Far East:augie

Lots of parts for your 1200GS/GSA are already made in China and in 5 years the Boxer engines will be made in China

Chinese factories already supply the Rotax copy (under licence) for the 2009 G650XCountry and the G450X enduro bike engine is made in Taiwan by Kymco

Chinese BMW's......................bring it on:D

Just received this reply from the factory to my query:

Hi Sir,
this is our new product.

the price on ebay USD 1350 include shipping fee, that means free shipping to UK.

the price also include three bracket, you do not need to purchase OEM bracket, save money.

we are design the special rack for 1200GS and 1200GS ADV now, same aluminum case will design for fit 1150/1150ADV/ 1100 later!!

we test in 2007 R1200GS ADV, it is no problem, i will call dealer for confirm 2008 is the same design with 2007.

we will tale more photos in step by step install the bracket and 3 case in r1200gs / r1200gs adv next week.

will share photo with you later.

thank you.

Sam

I make that about £800 in proper money fro panniers, top box, all mounting racks and delivery. Its not clear whether VAT and duty had been included, I suspect not in which case the total would be nearer £1,100. :eek Not so much of a bargain now, is it. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom