Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G450X - Any had more than 70 hrs use yet?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyChuffer View Post
    Timpo's correct. Plus the G450X comes with comprehensive workshop manual on a CD. From the research I've been doing on my DRZ-400 replacement, KTM dealers have a shite reputation and also a shite reputation for honouring warranty claims.
    calm down calm down it's only a motorcycle
    dont be so defensive,i am guessing you have never owned a KTM dirt bike,in 13 years of KTM ownership i've had one warranty issue and that was on the first one a 610 MXer and that was brought second hand in 96 and fixed free as a goodwill gesture,5x520/525 and 2 300's(the best race/trail bike on the market and my next buy when i sell the 525) raced and trailrode no issue's,go to any race and the majority is orange and ask yourself why

young mister timpo of this parrish does a "bit" of trail riding,every time we go out it's about 9/10hrs riding and he owns a 450x but he rides a DRZ

buy the BMW and put a couple hundred hours on it then come back and tell us about it costs to maintain warranty ect( a question NO OWNER is willing to answer)
    i still think its a good bike

now where's that next 300

loz

Loz - Soz if u think am not calm. I am, I promise !!! One of the problems with forum mass-debates. Mass de-bating in front of each other is always so much more fun...

Oh fek.

I just took the plunge and just bought a G450X !

'Don't mess with me' Member
    The Cheshunt Home for Elderly Gentle-Tossers
    Oh fek.

Are you bringing it tomorrow?

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

You must be kidding right? Taking a new bike off road? Pah !

Just kidding.

Unfortunately I don't get it 'till next week. Can't wait to get it filthy. Got a fekkin bargin - will tell you more tomorrow night.

Mike.

Deleted account D
    Oh fek.

welcome to the club !

minimum things to do
    fit proper hand guards, bash plate, power plug, exhaust and bar risers if you are over 6ft.

Have you fitted bar risers to yours? if so are they sturdy as i find my bars move about on their mountings quite a bit after a relatively 'small' off.

Deleted account D

Trust me

I have had some relatively BIG offs recently. No problem with the bar risers or the mountings, did bend the bars through

'Don't mess with me' Member
    The Cheshunt Home for Elderly Gentle-Tossers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Emsley View Post
    I have had some relatively BIG offs recently. No problem with the bar risers or the mountings, did bend the bars through
    Did you bend your body too?

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Got a fekkin bargin - will tell you more tomorrow night.

Mike.
    Tell more - I've been watching the s/hand prices of these meself and thinkin they are looking more tempting now.

Paul

Pro Conveen fitter Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Do they need servicing EVERY 70 hours or is it just after the first 70 to reshim or something once it's worn in?

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post
    Do they need servicing EVERY 70 hours or is it just after the first 70 to reshim or something once it's worn in?
    70 hrs Service Schedule - New Crank/Rod and Piston/Rings and new Exhaust valves, plus rear shock service and fork rebuild

Dealer Labour c.£1200 - 2 day job and Parts c.£500-£600

Totally scary
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    70 hrs Service Schedule - New Crank/Rod and Piston/Rings and new Exhaust valves, plus rear shock service and fork rebuild

Dealer Labour c.£1200 - 2 day job and Parts c.£500-£600

Totally scary
    That's the 450 off the list then
    Cheers Johnny

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post
    That's the 450 off the list then
    Cheers Johnny
    Or........................

Just wait until it blows.... a new motor from Kymco maybe a cheaper option

Routine servicing is an oil/filter and air filter clean every 10 hrs
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Or........................

Just wait until it blows.... a new motor from Kymco maybe a cheaper option

Routine servicing is an oil/filter and air filter clean every 10 hrs
    No....this was as a possible lead bike for leading Maroc pogo trips........11 days riding, over 70 hours on the road per trip....makes it totally un-viable.

My Ex-Timolgra well sorted DR650 is bloody good machine and TBH suits my abilities as well, so I guess BWM have designed themselves out of another customer there

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Fanum - think again. The bike is positioned as a competition bike, and comes with competition maintenance schedules. Oil & filter change every 10 hours + valve clearance check every 20hrs. The 70 hr service is a biggy, yes. But will only need doing if you are racing it, full throttle the whole time etc.

Big difference between racing it and greenlaning / off roading. Just skip the 70hr service and wait for something to go wrong. I have no intention of doing the 70hr service, and neither do all the other joe-public folk I've spoken with who have this bike. Chances are nothing will go wrong. But dont skimp on the oil / filter change.

Same with all these bikes.

But if you want / need to play it safe, get a DRZ400E !

I pick mine up on Sat from a BMW dealer with 10hrs use. Bring it on!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast