UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
FRIDAY NIGHT easy gravel roads

Saturday 10 am

HARDCORE Any bike (Loz types)

MEDIUM with Paul Sturgess Big trail bikes only as 30 mile road ride to start

BEGINNERS OFF ROAD anybike

FIRST TIME BEGINNERS OFF ROAD and UN-METALED ROAD

ROAD RIDE OUT (to be split into two if LARGE)

Don`t forget we have FULL tyre changing facilitates FREE and deals on tyres,
so run them road tyres down or bring off road ones down and get them changed at the event.

Attachments

• EMPTYING CAMERA 010.jpg
    EMPTYING CAMERA 010.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 443
Thanks for the heads up re the tyres Steve, I'll have a tourance for the back when I get there:thumb2

Is there not to be a Fords ride this year again? I expect the Ginger twat is more concerned with earning a crust for his family than sacrificing his self interests in the name of entertainment:D

Might go for the tyres thing on the airhead pre-off road ride.

Is it a good idea to contact them in advance to put an order in?

... I'll have a tourance for the back when I get there :thumb2

Ooooo tyres - might have to get me some TKCs fitted if they have any :thumb

Might go for the tyres thing on the airhead pre-off road ride.
Just a friendly word of warning, but if you do fit new tyres at the event, I would wash them with hot soapy water and scrub them with a stiff brush just to wash the wax off before getting too carried away with any cornering.

I once had a hell of a fright with a brand new set of Tourances. :eek

Just a friendly word of warning, but if you do fit new tyres at the event, I would wash them with hot soapy water and scrub them with a stiff brush just to wash the wax off before getting too carried away with any cornering.

Thanks for that Taff - I'll add a stiff brush to my list of things to bring along :thumb2

Cheers for the tip-off! :thumb2

I just spoke to Micheldevor and it seems that it'd probabally be best to call them a week or so before the event and 'pre book' the tyres you want as they're happy to stick a tyre(s) aside for you. That'd help with their stocking levels and avoid you being disappointed.

Just a thought, like......

I just spoke to Micheldevor and it seems that it'd probabally be best to call them a week or so before the event and 'pre book' the tyres you want as they're happy to stick a tyre(s) aside for you. That'd help with their stocking levels and avoid you being disappointed.

Just a thought, like......

Thanks! Do you have contact details?

I have the route and tracklogs from several previous fords rideouts here if someone with a bit of common sense would like to pick it up and run with it :)

There are some great fords within easy distance of Andover, all do-able on tourances and all have either a bridge alternative or an easy place to meet by going around on road- the highlight of the route is the really long one that ends in a mill pond...I'll see if I can finds the video from a few years back.

Bill

Having never ventured off road, I'd be interested in doing the beginners off road thing.

In fact the longest "off road" I've managed is round the rugby pitch!

Having never ventured off road, I'd be interested in doing the beginners off road thing.

In fact the longest "off road" I've managed is round the rugby pitch!

You'll be in my capable hands :D very easy peasy enjoyable off road ride .

I have the route and tracklogs from several previous fords rideouts here if someone with a bit of common sense would like to pick it up and run with it :)

There are some great fords within easy distance of Andover, all do-able on tourances and all have either a bridge alternative or an easy place to meet by going around on road- the highlight of the route is the really long one that ends in a mill pond...I'll see if I can finds the video from a few years back.

Bill

:yikes

I'd volunteer but I fail the common sense requirement, and that mill pond still scares the living daylights out of me :D

170788362_r4LEY-M.jpg

:yikes

I'd volunteer but I fail the common sense requirement, and that mill pond still scares the living daylights out of me :D

170788362_r4LEY-M.jpg

Dan I still remember telling 'don't worry it's only 8" deep" and then crapping myself all the way along it, I wouldn't have missed it for the world though:D

Dan I still remember telling 'don't worry it's only 8" deep" and then crapping myself all the way along it, I wouldn't have missed it for the world though:D

I killed a £8K bike, and still remember the day with affection :thumb2

Is the medium ride-out not over the plain this year or is Paul just starting the other side so that not everyone is going on at the same place?

Back
Top Bottom