Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gathering of the Clans 2010

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    It's really got to be in Ullapool again

I tentatively phoned the Ceilidh Place to say thanks and was pleasantly surprised to hear that they thought we were great guests. No damage, mess or unpaid bills Only mystery being mising sheets and a threadbear carpet in two of the Bunkhoose rooms
    I just hope it fits in with my rota - it was a perfect venue and an absolute hoot....great time
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    I just hope it fits in with my rota - it was a perfect venue and an absolute hoot....great time
    'Ello John, got a new rota?

Uinneag
    Book me in for two oors in the campsite and the rest of Friday on the bunkhoose shitter flair

Quote Originally Posted by Klanky View Post
    I fink that another one in Ullapool is definitely the way to go for the next GOTC.

Although I can appreciate the comments by Flash regarding seeing as much as possible, it must be said that Ullapool is probably one of the only locations that can cater for such a large wide and varied group such as ourselves without compromising in some area:

Wide choice of good accom and camping facilities. Not scattered across some great big bloody town.

Enough pubs and eateries to accommodate everyone with a campsite condusive to dining/drinking al fresco in nice surroundings.
    Plus the ability to 'just nip up the road' to the next boozer/eaterie if you want to catch up with a different group of Tossers without feeling isolated.

Compact to the point that it doesn't feel like a 'town' at all.

It's safe, no gangs of drunken Neds and Chavs (apart from our lot...) and it's safe to leave expensive motorcycles outside on a night.

Tolerant local Constabulary (yes, you Flash)

And the best roads in Britain.

I say bring on Ullapool for GOTC 2010 and then re-assess for 2011.

I think 2010 is going to be rather busy.......

I wus thinking one of the best bits is the number of routes through the north, north west and north east highlands within an easy days ride that start and end in Ullapool. Never ceases to amaze me the variation in scenery.
    Maybe the Applecross loop next year Klanky?

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by H.R.H. OONYACK View Post
    Book me in for two oors in the campsite and the rest of Friday on the bunkhoose shitter flair
    Done

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The weather is often good late May early June, plus we were lucky that there was a breeze blowing much of the time which kept the midgies grounded.

Single room at the Ceilidh Place please. Is this the first single room request?

I like Freeloaders new avatar, I know where he got it too!
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    I like Freeloaders new avatar, I know where he got it too!

Cheers Packer!

Knowing me, it probably won't last long...

Deleted account rno
    All welcome but no bookings being taken at this time (as the dates are not finalised and hotel not booked etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post

Single room at the Ceilidh Place please. Is this the first single room request?
    Aye, but I'm afraid my earlier post still applies, Packer. Sorry

Will def be back in 2010,though still not back from 2009!

Currently staying in highest pub in Britain.

What about trying to get a block booking at Royal Hotel in Ullapool.

We all stayed there and it was £45 for a single or £60 in twin for single occupancy.Lovely staff and great brek.Will def stay there next year again.

Bring it on !

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post

Currently staying in highest pub in Britain.

What about trying to get a block booking at Royal Hotel in Ullapool.

We all stayed there and it was £45 for a single or £60 in twin for single occupancy.Lovely staff and great brek.Will def stay there next year again.

Bring it on !
    Glad you enjoyed it, Martin

Do they have a bunkhouse as well as hotelrooms? The benefit of the Celilidh Place is the choice of accomodation but I'm sure some folk will go with your suggestion cos that sounds good prices.

Deleted account W
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Will you bring Mini Me with you again

ULLAPOOL

WHY NOT BOOK SOMEWHERE FOR ALL TOSSERS TO EAT ON THE SAT NIGHT
    A man has reached middle age when his doctor tells him to slow down instead of the police - Henny Youngman
    www.hegartys.ie

Glad you enjoyed it, Martin

Do they have a bunkhouse as well as hotelrooms? The benefit of the Celilidh Place is the choice of accomodation but I'm sure some folk will go with your suggestion cos that sounds good prices.
    just hotel rooms but I'm sure we sure we could get better rates for a block booking.I'll call Margaret when I get home.

The others are def coming back and Don'tcallmeShirley might even come.

By the way what was that lovely malt you had in your flask ?

I'll also plan to go back via Applecross again.

And prob here at the Tan Hill Inn .

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by The Foolish Fellow View Post
    WHY NOT BOOK SOMEWHERE FOR ALL TOSSERS TO EAT ON THE SAT NIGHT

BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES OF PLACES TO EAT MANY PEOPLE WON'T WANT TO BE TIED DOWN TO ONE PLACE, ESPECIALLY A YEAR AWAY FROM THE ACTUAL EVENT.

Why are we shouting?

It's something to perhaps consider nearer the time and can probably be arranged quite easily...

* * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Why are we shouting?

I don't know but I have a bit of a sore head so please keep it down....

I love Ullapool and am looking forward to going back, I shall be particularly pleased to hear from anyone who can recommend something to wear when I do go back that can't be pulled down.....dungarees is one option, don't suppose I could borrow those waders of yours could I....
    <a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield View Post
    I don't know but I have a bit of a sore head so please keep it down....

I love Ullapool and am looking forward to going back, I shall be particularly pleased to hear from anyone who can recommend something to wear when I do go back that can't be pulled down.....dungarees is one option, don't suppose I could borrow those waders of yours could I....
    Waders? Those are fisherman's trews

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast