Gathering of the Clans 2010

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

It's really got to be in Ullapool again :nod

I tentatively phoned the Ceilidh Place to say thanks and was pleasantly surprised to hear that they thought we were great guests. No damage, mess or unpaid bills :D Only mystery being mising sheets and a threadbear carpet in two of the Bunkhoose rooms :thumb

Try and have a chat with prof and co. to see if you can avoid a clash next year, please:kissy2

Shep

Try and have a chat with prof and co. to see if you can avoid a clash next year, please:kissy2

Shep

We were restricted this year by the dates available for the hotel/bunkhouse venue but we'll be booking for 2010 earlier this time so will do our best to avoid any conflicts. :thumb2

:thumb2:thumb2 We're good for a double room in the Ceilidh Place :thumb2:thumb2 :eek:onyack

Will there be Jaegermeister? :D

Ullapool is a great venue :thumb2 everything in easy crawling distance, put my name down for next year :thumb2
Stewart

A great place indeed is Ullapool well set up and everywhere pretty close to hand and costs can be kept cheap too... and as usual the folks are up for a bit of Craic.

One of the reasons i really like to go to these events is you get to see different parts of a country and while i know Ullapool was brilliant and i appreciate the unseen effort Ronno, Johnny and the rest put in to make it so good for the rest of us:clap:clap... I'd also like to see other places if possible too.
I'd go back to Ullapool no problem but if i had a choice i'd like to go to see somewhere new with the roads and places you get to see getting there as these trips are really my only way of getting to see the beautiful country that is Scotland.
This is not a put down on the efforts that have been put in by Ronno and Johnny but more what I'd like out of a visit to Scotland.

I'll have to come back. I just wiped the wrong SD Card clean and lost all my movie footage off the bike. Still have some hand cam and stills though, just for the memory.

A great place indeed is Ullapool well set up and everywhere pretty close to hand and costs can be kept cheap too... and as usual the folks are up for a bit of Craic.

One of the reasons i really like to go to these events is you get to see different parts of a country and while i know Ullapool was brilliant and i appreciate the unseen effort Ronno, Johnny and the rest put in to make it so good for the rest of us:clap:clap... I'd also like to see other places if possible too.
I'd go back to Ullapool no problem but if i had a choice i'd like to go to see somewhere new with the roads and places you get to see getting there as these trips are really my only way of getting to see the beautiful country that is Scotland.
This is not a put down on the efforts that have been put in by Ronno and Johnny but more what I'd like out of a visit to Scotland.

I appreciate what you're saying Tuned but in all honesty, I think we can easily get another GOTC out of the place. Apart from anything else, I've a feeling a good few folk who didn't come this year will want to make it next year after seeing some (if not all :D) of the photos.

Apart from anything else, (IMHO) it will be difficult enough to get another venue like Ullapool where there is a bit of everything for all pockets without us abandoning ship after just one event there.

:beerjug:

... Apart from anything else, (IMHO) it will be difficult enough to get another venue like Ullapool where there is a bit of everything for all pockets without us abandoing ship after just one event there.

:beerjug:

... It was a special venue, enough variety to suit all, but with everything and everyone within an easy stroll of each other, witness the joyous union of campers and bunkers at the camp site on Friday arvo :augie

... I have a theory :rob

... If a venue is good, along the lines of Ullapool, and gets the approval of the collective, then an event should run for a couple of years, giving others a chance to check it out.

... But after two years in one place any gathering should move on and try somewhere else. That avoids any staleness setting in and allows for a bit of experimentation. After a year elsewhere there's opportunity to return, repeat the new venue, or experiment yet more.

... Any place that is sh*t should be abandoned after the first attempt (ahem ... Baskerville, for example)

... Or summat along those lines :duno

Ullapool's such a good base for all the reasons peeps have said above. We were therefor a week just 2 weeks before the GOTC and rode very different routes each day.

Madame and I would love to come next year. Crossbreed English welcome?

Ullapool's such a good base for all the reasons peeps have said above. We were therefor a week just 2 weeks before the GOTC and rode very different routes each day.

Madame and I would love to come next year. Crossbreed English welcome?

All welcome but no bookings being taken at this time (as the dates are not finalised and hotel not booked etc). I would agree about the spoilt for choice roads and I know that I've got a fair bit of exploring still to do up there. :thumb2

... But after two years in one place any gathering should move on and try somewhere else. That avoids any staleness setting in and allows for a bit of experimentation. After a year elsewhere there's opportunity to return, repeat the new venue, or experiment yet more.

And that seems to be exactly what Ronnie & Johnny are doing Bede. Jockser and I are doing the same in Ireland too. Give a venue two years then move on.

Finding a good venue that suits the majority of folk is not easy though and I'm sure that the guys have found the same to be true in Scotland. You will never please everyone, but you have to take the chance that a location will suit most people in terms of distance, cost etc.

It seems though that these events are so popular now that people will come anyway based on previous weekends they have attended or reports that they read here on the site and they come determined to join in and enjoy the craic. In short, it's the people that make the events a huge success not just the location. :)

feck orf!!!!
Oilpool 2010.
that would mean i would have to do Applecross,Rannoch Station,Glencoe,A83,A9,A85 and all the other terrible roads i was forced endure for 6 days in horrible sunshine.:augie

feck orf!!!!
Oilpool 2010.
that would mean i would have to do Applecross,Rannoch Station,Glencoe,A83,A9,A85 and all the other terrible roads i was forced endure for 6 days in horrible sunshine.:augie

Aye. Sorry about that :comfort

Aye. Sorry about that :comfort

and the great part of it was your fault "tut tut".
just got back. 2,200 k miles :)

:kissy2
a massive thank you's for your help & guidance. :bow:bow

Back
Top Bottom