Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Routing sent

A big thanks to bryn & stevo for all the hard work you have put in.

I wish my computer skills were better so i could help out more, with
    bookings etc. See you on 9th july.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Escargot View Post
    Thanks Bryn & Stevo,lots of hard work and your own time spent on this obviously,it is much appreciated.

PS-As I'm new to all this and just usually put down the address to which I'm travelling in the old Tom Tom,can anyone advise me what the ek 'waypoints' are all about ?? And also how to get my sodding computer to down load the details that Bryn has so kindly sent to me.
    Bear in mind please that I'm a computer phobe and my knowledge of these things is verrrrryyy limited,cos I hate em !!!

Now I suppose I'm gonna be known as a complete Tosser ! But at least I'm admitting it !

Charlie.

Your not the only one, ive had a sat nav in my works van for years,
    but only put in the address or post code.

Ive just got a zumo 660 for the bike,& iam trying to load the 2010 maps
    onto it with not much success. ( I think i need a sd card)

BMW have even wired it in wrong so ive got to take it back tomorrow.
    I just hope i can load the croatia route, before we go. HELP

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by fuddy View Post
    Your not the only one, ive had a sat nav in my works van for years,
    but only put in the address or post code.

Ive just got a zumo 660 for the bike,& iam trying to load the 2010 maps
    onto it with not much success. ( I think i need a sd card)

BMW have even wired it in wrong so ive got to take it back tomorrow.
    I just hope i can load the croatia route, before we go. HELP
    Mark, I think the 660 already has the europe mapping loaded onto it... check with the dealer tomorrow and then ask the questions/look at the idiots guides on the Mapsource section on here....

It'll be worth it and its dead easy once you work it out

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Mark, I think the 660 already has the europe mapping loaded onto it... check with the dealer tomorrow and then ask the questions/look at the idiots guides on the Mapsource section on here....

It'll be worth it and its dead easy once you work it out
    Yup the 660 comes all fired up with the Euro maps. And also comes with a free update to the latest maps.

chubs
    Just wondering if anybody can help with a problem with my zumo 550, loaded the croatia 09 routing as normal, noticed that day 9/route 9 (prague to colditz) wasn't available in routes. Thought it might be because as this was the last route to load ( as 10 & 11 had loaded after route/day 1) that I'd got to many previous routes saved, but after deleting old surplus routes still couldn't be downloaded either from garmin or sd memory, in fact I made up another route and down loaded this, and that couldn't be found in routes. so I am unable to view any more routes from the zumo, the unit is receiving the data and it is doing all normal procedures, new data found/would you like to manage data/ data successfully imported, but then cannot be found in routes.So basically it seems all downloading procedures are right but with no route available at the end.
    Least I've got the other days routes !
    Not long now
    Brett

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by chubs View Post
    Just wondering if anybody can help with a problem with my zumo 550, loaded the croatia 09 routing as normal, noticed that day 9/route 9 (prague to colditz) wasn't available in routes. Thought it might be because as this was the last route to load ( as 10 & 11 had loaded after route/day 1) that I'd got to many previous routes saved, but after deleting old surplus routes still couldn't be downloaded either from garmin or sd memory, in fact I made up another route and down loaded this, and that couldn't be found in routes. so I am unable to view any more routes from the zumo, the unit is receiving the data and it is doing all normal procedures, new data found/would you like to manage data/ data successfully imported, but then cannot be found in routes.So basically it seems all downloading procedures are right but with no route available at the end.
    Not long now
    Brett
    So exactly which route are you missing? Is it just the Prague to Colditz and all the others are fine? I could send you an individual one again

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Not long now
    Brett
    Hi Brett, I've had this problem which I never solved, but I did find all the Waypoints in My Favourites on my Zumo.

chubs
    So exactly which route are you missing? Is it just the Prague to Colditz and all the others are fine? I could send you an individual one again
    that's the one that's missing Bryn. but it's there in mapsource and it seems to be transfering to device okay, it's there in user/import data on the zumo, it calculates route okay but then basically dissapears(never gets into route directory). The same happens with any other routes I try now to put in

chubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Gadget View Post
    Hi Brett, I've had this problem which I never solved, but I did find all the Waypoints in My Favourites on my Zumo.
    Hi Ken, The start and finish waypoints are in favourites for the whole trip, but that may take you the fastest route rather than the route you want, so how do you plan or load routes on your gps? if you've had the same problem.
    Cheers
    Brett

07875 304772
    Brett, sent you that route again

chubs
    Brett, sent you that route again
    Thanks for that Bryn, have tried it again but no joy, it's still downloading as expected to the zumo, but then can't be found, so I'll try your suggestion of posting in the mapsource/zumo section
    thanks again

Hi Ken, The start and finish waypoints are in favourites for the whole trip, but that may take you the fastest route rather than the route you want, so how do you plan or load routes on your gps? if you've had the same problem.
    Cheers
    Brett
    Hi Brett, I had all the Waypoints in MY Favourites, I use a 2820 to navigate with the Zumo as backup. I used the Zumo once to navigate on my Italia 08 Revisited and just went from waypoint to waypoint.

Cheers Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Gadget View Post
    Hi Brett, I had all the Waypoints in MY Favourites, I use a 2820 to navigate with the Zumo as backup. I used the Zumo once to navigate on my Italia 08 Revisited and just went from waypoint to waypoint.

Cheers Ken.
    If we can't get it sorted, we'll just follow you

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    If we can't get it sorted, we'll just follow you
    Did you see the picture in my writeup of the Italia 2008 revisited where the 2820 sent me down a road that led to a set of steps, that was so much fun unloading the bike at lunchtime in the heat of the day and turning it round to face uphill a foot at a time and then loading it up again.

Thanks for the route ive got it loaded onto the zumo now.

Hopefully it will make it a lot easier this year.

I knew if i lost the group last year,i was in the shit.

07875 304772

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by fuddy View Post
    Thanks for the route ive got it loaded onto the zumo now.

Hopefully it will make it a lot easier this year.

I knew if i lost the group last year,i was in the shit.
    Told you it was easy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast