Routing sent

Bryn, Thanks for all the work on this. I've been travelling along them already, virtually. I see you have even done the routes for us campers. Beyound the call of duty I'd say!

I'm sure all us campers will club together and buy you a pint, or a 500cl.

And only a month to go!

Cheers J.

Bryn, Thanks for all the work on this. I've been travelling along them already, virtually. I see you have even done the routes for us campers. Beyound the call of duty I'd say!

I'm sure all us campers will club together and buy you a pint, or a 500cl.

And only a month to go!

Cheers J.

Thanks for that :thumb Don't forget Stevo as well... he's been a great help ;)

Can't wait :Motomartin

Nice work Bryn:thumb

If everyone could have a good look at the route in Mapsource, and if anyone can see any issues with the route, please let myself or Bryn know. There is still time to make alterations and issue further versions if need be.
If we do need to make any changes, it would be best for one of us to alter the files and resend to everyone - otherwise we will have a load of different versions floating about (could be interesting when on the road:eek)

With that said, it is worthwhile saying that it would be good if everyone makes a note of the address of where they are staying each night, so if the mapping is sketchy at the final destinations, the accommodation can be found by entering the info into their sat nav, or asking a local;)

No doubt though the mapping is perfect and i expect not to hear from anyone:augie

Looking forward to getting on the road and seeing you all in Dover!

Cheers Stevo:beerjug:

Thanks Bryn & Stevo
looking forward to my first adventure in Europe on the gs :bounce1
:beerjug:

Oh

Cheers Stevo

Oh I thought we were meeting in Portsmouth :confused:

Cheers Billy No Mates

Cheers Stevo

Oh I thought we were meeting in Portsmouth :confused:

Cheers Billy No Mates

:blastWe can meet you there if you want - you may just be waiting a while for the rest of us to turn up!!!:D:D:D

TO AVOID ANY MAJOR CONFUSION CAUSED BY GADGET - SEE YOU ALL IN DOVER!!!

Stevo, I had a general look at the route on MapSource and it looks fine, and it seems there are even some alternative routes, (e.g. going from Split to Zagreb, either via Bosnia or not). I've also checked the bits around Mainz, which I'm more familiar with, and they look spot on.

Last night I loaded the routes and waypoints down to my Zumo(400). It loaded quickly from the laptop to the device, but then took quite a while, 30 - 40 mins, to be processed in the Zumo. All completed successfully though and are now viewable on the device. Had not done this with a large route before, so not sure what to expect.

Thanks for all your work on this and to other aspects of the tour.

LESS than a month now! J.

Many thanks Bryn and Stevo for all the effort you have put in to make the trip a success :thumb2

it would be good if everyone makes a note of the address of where they are staying each night, so if the mapping is sketchy at the final destinations, the accommodation can be found by entering the info into their sat nav, or asking a local;)

I will make sure that everyone has copies of the site details, contacts and e-mails etc before we leave so that if we arrive on site at different times it should,nt be a problem.

Thanks and Help !

Thanks Bryn & Stevo,lots of hard work and your own time spent on this obviously,it is much appreciated. :)

PS-As I'm new to all this and just usually put down the address to which I'm travelling in the old Tom Tom,can anyone advise me what the ek 'waypoints' are all about ?? And also how to get my sodding computer to down load the details that Bryn has so kindly sent to me.
Bear in mind please that I'm a computer phobe and my knowledge of these things is verrrrryyy limited,cos I hate em !!! :blast

Now I suppose I'm gonna be known as a complete Tosser ! But at least I'm admitting it ! :comfort

Charlie. :rob

Big Thanks

Bryn & Stevo, Just want to repeat previous posts and say thanks for all the work you've done, it really is much appreciated.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
:beerjug:
Brett

Thanks Bryn & Stevo,lots of hard work and your own time spent on this obviously,it is much appreciated. :)

PS-As I'm new to all this and just usually put down the address to which I'm travelling in the old Tom Tom,can anyone advise me what the ek 'waypoints' are all about ?? And also how to get my sodding computer to down load the details that Bryn has so kindly sent to me.
Bear in mind please that I'm a computer phobe and my knowledge of these things is verrrrryyy limited,cos I hate em !!! :blast

Now I suppose I'm gonna be known as a complete Tosser ! But at least I'm admitting it ! :comfort

Charlie, The route is compatible with Garmin. However, I think Bryn managed to get their 'not quite Croatia 09' route onto Parky's Tom Tom.
Personally, i am no expert but i'm sure it can be done.

FYI waypoints are quite useful as its always good to go on routes you want to go on rather than the quickest or shortest route.

ATB, Stevo

I'm a bit worried that you haven't created a route from Dover to Calais! 26 odd miles during which a man could get very lost - not to say wet ..................

turtle_power.jpg

Garmin fish finder would do that :D

For those with Tom Tom GPS's thanks to another tosser on here this link will do the conversion for you

http://www.routeconverter.de/

Parky has downloaded it , and converted the GPX files I sent into a format that work on his TomTom
:thumb

Charlie, If you go to the Forum page and scroll down to GPS, there are a couple of excellent " HOW TO DO's" on Waypoints and Routes, by Whatton.

Like these.http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87291 & http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87298
Cheers Ken.

A big thanks to bryn & stevo for all the hard work you have put in.

I wish my computer skills were better so i could help out more, with
bookings etc. See you on 9th july.

Your not the only one, ive had a sat nav in my works van for years,
but only put in the address or post code.

Ive just got a zumo 660 for the bike,& iam trying to load the 2010 maps
onto it with not much success. ( I think i need a sd card)

BMW have even wired it in wrong so ive got to take it back tomorrow.
I just hope i can load the croatia route, before we go. HELP

Your not the only one, ive had a sat nav in my works van for years,
but only put in the address or post code.

Ive just got a zumo 660 for the bike,& iam trying to load the 2010 maps
onto it with not much success. ( I think i need a sd card)

BMW have even wired it in wrong so ive got to take it back tomorrow.
I just hope i can load the croatia route, before we go. HELP

Mark, I think the 660 already has the europe mapping loaded onto it... check with the dealer tomorrow and then ask the questions/look at the idiots guides on the Mapsource section on here....

It'll be worth it and its dead easy once you work it out ;)

Mark, I think the 660 already has the europe mapping loaded onto it... check with the dealer tomorrow and then ask the questions/look at the idiots guides on the Mapsource section on here....

It'll be worth it and its dead easy once you work it out ;)

Yup the 660 comes all fired up with the Euro maps. And also comes with a free update to the latest maps.

Back
Top Bottom