I'm back!!!

Have you been away then!:augie :D :p

Just for a bit. A little meander down to the South of France :rob

I won't write a report as such, as I can't be arsed, but I met Magnum in Grenoble, and we did the southern run of the Route Napoleon together, then parted company. He went home to Swissland via a boring route over the Alps and the GSB :)eek:), and I had a much more interesting ride home :)augie), doing the northern run of the RN, and hitting torrential rain and lightning storms on the A26 etc...:comfort

I would have met swissrob if I'd remembered he'd said he may have been up for a jolly :blast A thousand apologies, minesewer.

Anyhow, a few pics to whet your collective appetites for even better roads and views sur les Alpes...

Grey boaty things with guns (one with a tower poking out its funnel) in my grassroots home of Pee-orts-muff. You can see the masts of HMS Victory (left) and HMS Warrior.

IMG_0825.jpg

A rock outside the hotel window in Sisteron

IMG_0835.jpg

Another view of said rock

IMG_0840.jpg

Looking the other way, another lovely vista

IMG_0837.jpg

Parked up after a hairpin on the RN N85

IMG_0915.jpg

Another view of the same bend

IMG_0918.jpg

We were enjoying the ride so much, we forgot to stop until we hit a large puddle. Called the Med...

IMG_0881.jpg

...and I took a picture of a Nice boat...

IMG_0875.jpg

On the way back, now...some classic pics of the RN by the Gorge du Verdun (I think????)

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

The RN isn't that great once north of Sisteron, so I took a gamble and rode the D1085 to Grenoble, and stumbled across a very swoopy road, with great bends (a number of hairpins) and some spectacular views...

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

All-in-all a very worthwhile, and extremely enjoyable jaunt of around 1,800 miles!

It was good to meet Magnum, and I'd like to thank him again for his very enjoyable company and splendid japes. Even if his pockets were deep and his arms short...:D But that probably made up for me whinging and whining about nothing in particular...:thumb

I still have this drumming in my head...:nenau

Cheers, mate :beerjug:

OK!

So it looks like you may have enyoyed yourself!

Rub it in why don't you!

I spat coffee then! :)

I have the videos - remember the see-through dress??? :bow :clap

Let's just say, it was a head-turning moment, recorded for all time :D

I need to work out how to publish them, as one or 2 are over 1.5Gb.

The Battlecruiser at full tilt is a joy to behold. Especially when confronted by the overtaking car on that blind bend - you didn't even flinch.

Rock hard :bow

I spat coffee then! :)

I have the videos - remember the see-through dress??? :bow :clap

Let's just say, it was a head-turning moment, recorded for all time :D

I need to work out how to publish them, as one or 2 are over 1.5Gb.

The Battlecruiser at full tilt is a joy to behold. Especially when confronted by the overtaking car on that blind bend - you didn't even flinch.

Rock hard :bow

And...................................................:augie

Nice vid Yoy, especially the hairpin bits. Almost looks like the panniers were touching down :rob:thumb2:bounce1:clap:ChrisKelly

Part 2 of 3.

This is me on my way North oop the N85. It starts just north of Grasse.

It's difficult to get a true sense of speed and perspective, but as I was speeding home and had 479 miles to cover in one 'sitting', most straights were minimum of 90mph (sometimes 110+). Sheer drops were along most of the route :eek: and you'll see in one or two places, that halfway round a hairpin, the bike pogos. That isn't the front end sliding away :)augie) or the tyres :)augie:augie) it's just the poor state of the road surface. A testament to the great handling of this beast.

Is suppose what I'm saying is, it's less about bravado and penis size, and more about the fact that you can ride these type of roads as fast or as slow as you want to, and still have a great time. I'd say I was somewhere around 80% of my ability on a scale of 1 to 10. So that'd be 8 out of 10, then :blast

As I say, it's not about how fast, but it's all about how you get there. If this is just a taster of the kind of roads we'll ride in the Alps, bring it on, baby! Yeah!

Hope no-one gets sea-sick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JGV-guiNe8&feature=channel_page

Nice Video Yoy, look forward to the third installment.

Your new bit of kit seems to work ok, doesn't seem to create too much drag!

Looks like you'll be riding in the fast group then!

Part A of 3

This one's a little longer, hopefully not too boring.

The front end incident is about a minute into the video.

I'm not sure if I picked up any diesel - you'll notice the warning signs beforehand - or I hit a dodgy bit of tarmac, or I panicked.

Either / or, I'm glad the bike was capable of being kept upright, especially with the car coming the other way! Could have been tres nasty.

Once again, it gives a good insight into what can be expected come September.

Personally, I can't wait!

Enjoy, but more sea-sickness potential!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I3K7GK8e3I&feature=channel_page

That was quick.

Could have been a nasty tumble, you were lucky, I think they could do with moving the warning signs!

That was quick.

Could have been a nasty tumble, you were lucky, I think they could do with moving the warning signs!

Yeah - it was slightly disturbing :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I included it as it can happen anywhere, anytime, and I guess it's what we all fear. Hopefully, by exorcising it, it will prove it's not all bad!

I'm convinced it was the combination of bike/tyres/suspension that kept it upright, and it was either diesel or rider error that caused it.

Yoy

Part A of 3

This one's a little longer, hopefully not too boring.

The front end incident is about a minute into the video.

I'm not sure if I picked up any diesel - you'll notice the warning signs beforehand - or I hit a dodgy bit of tarmac, or I panicked.

Either / or, I'm glad the bike was capable of being kept upright, especially with the car coming the other way! Could have been tres nasty.

Once again, it gives a good insight into what can be expected come September.
Personally, I can't wait!

Enjoy, but more sea-sickness potential!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I3K7GK8e3I&feature=channel_page

I mean the roads, not the mistake!!

:toungincheek

Back
Top Bottom