Tonight

Magnum

Reaction score
Can I first thank Joybringer, Arsey and Nasty1 for your PMs tonight. I thought that rather than reply direct to you I would make a public post here so that you were under no doubt what my intentions were and are for the Swiss Alps Tour 2009.

Something rather special was hatched here on 11th October 2008. A bunch of blokes from diverse backgrounds with a common love of motorcycling looking to enjoy themselves in spectacular surroundings. Look at how well the concept was embraced by all concerned. 17 bikers, 19 people all looking to brighten their lives with a mini adventure with kindred spirits. How superb.

Yet here we are with a major rift for what exactly? Two brothers whom for their own reasons are not best mates right now and one or two others who feel uncomfortable about another member of the group. This all seems a bit daft.

I have met Yoy, indeed spent a weekend with the guy, and I can tell you from this experience that he is nothing but a decent and friendly chap who loves to ride his motorcycle. I have absolutely no doubt that Nasty1 is also a decent friendly and chap who feels the same way. In fact I am positevely certain that Arsey is also a totally decent and friendly chap who loves motorcycling with a passion and I would be happy to share a bottle with all of three of you.

Forums are dangerous places because it is almost impossible to reflect your personality accurately in keyboard strokes. Things get misunderstood and distorted and before you know it we have the situation you see before us tonight. I am 100% sure that if we were all chatting after a hard day's riding things would be very different indeed.

So, lads, let's do it. Let's put this to one side, because life really is too short, and I for one am looking forward to sharing good times with all of you in the Alps this September :thumb2

Can I first thank Joybringer, Arsey and Nasty1 for your PMs tonight. I thought that rather than reply direct to you I would make a public post here so that you were under no doubt what my intentions were and are for the Swiss Alps Tour 2009.

Something rather special was hatched here on 11th October 2008. A bunch of blokes from diverse backgrounds with a common love of motorcycling looking to enjoy themselves in spectacular surroundings. Look at how well the concept was embraced by all concerned. 17 bikers, 19 people all looking to brighten their lives with a mini adventure with kindred spirits. How superb.

Yet here we are with a major rift for what exactly? Two brothers whom for their own reasons are not best mates right now and one or two others who feel uncomfortable about another member of the group. This all seems a bit daft.

I have met Yoy, indeed spent a weekend with the guy, and I can tell you from this experience that he is nothing but a decent and friendly chap who loves to ride his motorcycle. I have absolutely no doubt that Nasty1 is also a decent friendly and chap who feels the same way. In fact I am positevely certain that Arsey is also a totally decent and friendly chap who loves motorcycling with a passion and I would be happy to share a bottle with all of three of you.

Forums are dangerous places because it is almost impossible to reflect your personality accurately in keyboard strokes. Things get misunderstood and distorted and before you know it we have the situation you see before us tonight. I am 100% sure that if we were all chatting after a hard day's riding things would be very different indeed.

So, lads, let's do it. Let's put this to one side, because life really is too short, and I for one am looking forward to sharing good times with all of you in the Alps this September :thumb2

:clap:clap:clap:clap I SECOND THAT :thumb2

Wise words indeed about forums.

I may take you up on that beer sometime if the offer is still there, I am trying to hatch a plan at work to do the RDGA next year with a few others.

Thank you Magnum.

Best regards and ride safe :thumb2

Adrian

I'm really not sure, Mark. Really not sure.

I value your friendship, and that of the others I have met so far, and I don't want this situation to taint that. I know you have the absolute best of intentions, and, I can publically say I have no further issue with Arsey. We have exchanged words, and that matter is forgotten.

What I have to consider, very carefully, is how this has affected me, and how I am going to deal with it. I am not used to these levels of 'anti-Mark'.

It's really not nice being told that 3 or 4 people that you don't know really have an issue with you, to the extent they don't want to spend time in the same place as you. How do you react to that? Despite all the banter, how can one really respond to it? A rock and a hard place. No-win, no-win.

It's my fault for being goaded into an open debate that should have remained hidden, and I take full responsibility for that.

On the face of it, the situation is indeed, childish and pathetic. It's just a blinking ride-out for goodness sake. However, keyboard strokes don't tell the whole story.

I'll think carefully over the next few days, and let you know. Promise. I don't want to drag it out.

Mark

Magnum.

I totally agree.

It was probably wrong of me to ask Joy a rather blunt and to the point question,in a thread that then got edited mainly for other reasons.

But it's easy to come across differently in print than in real life.

No need for anybody to drop out over a few misunderstandings.

Now,how are you doing with finding hotels for the remaining days ?

Final decision, I'm going.

I've suddenly become really,REALLY, depressed!;)

Only joking, good to hear you've changed your mind,.......................... again! :clap :bounce1 :JB

Do it again, and it'll be more than a slapped wrist, you tart!
:pullface

Yoy

Excellent news.. really pleased you have decided to go.

Swiss Alpers

Yes Yoy does post some funny (lol and unusual) posts, but having met him I can definitely say he is a thoroughly good bloke. I for one am very pleased he is going.

Bandit
:rob:
beerjug:

Now all we need is something along the same line to keep the tread as entertaining:augie:blast

Would say i wasnt coming but i think the only reply would be OK:(:(:mad::toungincheek

BRING ON SEPTEMBER:beerjug::beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom