Which one 550 or 660

Oberon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looked at all the blurb, 550 seems to work well and all seem to love it. 660 is new and cheeper, soooo confused!

Any SENSIBLE advice please.

Oberon:confused:

which one

I guess most people with a 550 will say a 550 and most people with a 660 will say a 660......

I brought one a few weeks ago and could have got either but i chose a 550, for me more robust looking and tried and tested and a better shaped squarer screen ( dodgy eyes ) :)

still bargains to be had i paid £340 for a white box :thumb2

Im sure either one will suit you sir..

Well, either will get you to where you want to go without too much fuss - once you understand how it all works, and are prepared to get a little frustrated on the way!:toungincheek

I've had a Quest, 2610, and now a 660. I could be biased, and say just go for the 660, but it will come down to what you really want out of it.

I think Arsey said he managed to find a new 550 for £210 - I paid £499 for my 660. So if price performance is paramount to you, the 550 would get my vote. If the latest technology floats your boat, go for the 660.

There are some teething troubles/quirks with the 660, that's true, but it could be argued they're just that, and don't actually affect its prime purpose of getting you from A to Z, via B, C, D... etc. They'll get fixed soon enough.

Apart from that, it's all been said in this section, really.

Good luck!

having had Garmins since they came out and had them all for me if i could get a new 2610 with the features of the 660 i would be :JB
but as you cant then it would be the ZUMO 660.
the screen is bigger than a zumo 550
the bike mount is easier
660 has built in speaker [a great plus over the zumo 550]
buttons are bigger.
but i have never tried a nuvi 550 like arseys.
But everybody id different.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom