Aerostich

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

I bought a 'Stich Roadcrafter last April and took delivery about the beginning of June 2008. I was really, really pleased with it apart form one small detail: Aerostich mucked up the sizing and when I was seated on the bike, about an inch or more of jeans or suit trousers was visible beneath the Stich and they then (obviously) got soaked in the rain.

I checked the sizing of the suit against my order and confirmed that the leg length was shorter than I'd asked for. I emailed Aerostich and they immediately requested that I return the suit for alteration. Here was my dilemma: did I really want to be Stichless for weeks when in truth rolling up my jeans or suit trousers in the event of rain was the only hassle. I had a Euro trip coming up in September so I decided to leave thing as they were until I returned. The Stich was brilliant on the trip. A great bit of kit.

About October or November, not wanting to be Stichless, I again emailed Aerostich and asked if there was some way they could send my additional material so that I could have the Stich altered here to save me time and money. I'd already established that it would be quite costly to send it back to the USA.

Within about a week or so, a box arrived with loads of material, flourecent flashings, velcro, studs etc.

I did nothing about it and the box of material sat in the spare room for several months. I used the Stich throughout the winter.

About April, I decided that I would finally have it altered by a professional dressmaker. Problem was, no one would look at it without saying I was mad not to have it properly done by Aerostich. The high value of the suit seemed to put anyone off that I approached and they were all reluctant to get involved in altering it. I was also told that there would be an obvious "pelmet" at the bottom of the legs.

I again contacted Aerostich. No problem. Send the Stich back.

This I did about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it arrived back today at Schloss Ronno. It's now a perfect fit.

It's also a brand new Roadcrafter suit. No alterations. A new suit has been sent to out me. :D :D :D

Now I know that it was their fault to begin with but I've used the suit regularly for almost a year and quite honestly, I'm over the moon with the service and aftersales that I've had from them.

I must have sent about 8-10 emails to them over the months and without fail, they have been answered the same day.

It was expensive to send back but in fairness to Aerostich, they have offed me a generous discount on any future product that I buy.

All in all, fantastic service from Aerostich. :clap :clap :clap

Did ye send yir suit tae them tae

270K4206.jpg

I take it theres a second hand one on Ebay that stinks of piss and whiskey :D

Great service fair play Aerostich :clap

Ronno,

My Stich needs to be reconditioned (some zips broken, velcro gone all non stick on me and not waterproof anymore) about 6 years old or so and at the moment when it rains it has the same properties as a towl - it just soaks all the water up :D

Who did you use to get the suit over to Aerostich? I think for £80 + alteration costs my suit will probably be good for another 5 years. It is a brilliant piece of kit though :thumb2

Ronno,

My Stich needs to be reconditioned (some zips broken, velcro gone all non stick on me and not waterproof anymore) about 6 years old or so and at the moment when it rains it has the same properties as a towl - it just soaks all the water up :D

Who did you use to get the suit over to Aerostich? I think for £80 + alteration costs my suit will probably be good for another 5 years. It is a brilliant piece of kit though :thumb2

Hi Maverick,

I used PO Parcel Force. It was the insurance that made it so costly.

There are obviously several other couriers that ship stuff to the US (I just didn't shop around) so you might well get it posted over cheaper thna I paid.

:beerjug:

It was expensive to send back but in fairness to Aerostich, they have offed me a generous discount on any future product that I buy.
Group buy in your name for the discount:aidan

I've got an Aerostich too and I love it - one year old, goes over a suit, not totally waterproof but for a commuter suit it will take some beating.

Any tips for making them seriously waterproof though? These would be appreciated.

I've got an Aerostich too and I love it - one year old, goes over a suit, not totally waterproof but for a commuter suit it will take some beating.

Any tips for making them seriously waterproof though? These would be appreciated.

Nikwax or something similar........ask one of the spotty sales assistants at Millets or any camping place.

There's also a knack to getting the front zip flap to sit flat.......it tends to open a bit when you sit on the bike which is where most of the water gets in......if it starts raining, stand up on the pegs, open the flap up then seal it down from the bottom upwards, making sure it lies flat rather than gaping when you sit down again.

PS you may want to stop before you try it, but with practice, it's easy enough as long as you're going fast enough :augie:D

PPS I don't bother anymore- I've got a breathable goretex walking jacket that's nice and thing that I wear under mine if it's wet out.....its long enough to tuck under my balls when I put the suit on and it works 100% :thumb2

Nikwax or something similar........ask one of the spotty sales assistants at Millets or any camping place.

There's also a knack to getting the front zip flap to sit flat.......it tends to open a bit when you sit on the bike which is where most of the water gets in......if it starts raining, stand up on the pegs, open the flap up then seal it down from the bottom upwards, making sure it lies flat rather than gaping when you sit down again.

PS you may want to stop before you try it, but with practice, it's easy enough as long as you're going fast enough :augie:D

PPS I don't bother anymore- I've got a breathable goretex walking jacket that's nice and thing that I wear under mine if it's wet out.....its long enough to tuck under my balls when I put the suit on and it works 100% :thumb2
Cheers - not sure about the crotch drying method! I have tried Nikwax on an old HG set of Cordura/Goretex waterproofs and I was pretty disappointed. I think for a relatively high mileage rider that I have to accept any waterproofs have lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom